PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wave Tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patpatriot

Banned
Reaction score
LeKevin Smith was described by one draft publication as being a good prospect to become a "wave tackle". Google yields no description. Can someone post a brief description of what exactly a Wave tackle is?

Thanks

Last edited:
A tackle who sits on the inactive list for a few games or even a season, before being waived.

LOL too funny

In the Pro Football Weekl Draft guide a 'wave' player is a non-starter who will come in for a few plays and then come out.

So, you "wave" at him as he is coming in and out of the game.

I'm not making that up- I could do a better job if I was.

PATSNUTme said:
In the Pro Football Weekl Draft guide a 'wave' player is a non-starter who will come in for a few plays and then come out.

So, you "wave" at him as he is coming in and out of the game.

I'm not making that up- I could do a better job if I was.
LOL, I think their definition means that there's enough depth to move players in and out like waves as opposed to waving to them as they come in and out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of like a rotation...like Denver has done with their D Line...(I thought the wave was done in stadiums??)

I think that the important question is whether Kevin can make a play, and then lie on his belly and do the wave, like Johnny Morton (or whatever that guy's name from Kansas City)!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Duh. I use Wave Tackle all the time.

I'm bitterly disappointed,using "worm' lures. I thought that you would be using using a fly rod.

I never had the patience to fly fish. My favorite is to use a piece of night crawler and thread it onb a single hook attached to a small gold spinner.

Works well no matter what kind of fish you're going after or if your trolling or casting.

PATSNUTme said:
I'm bitterly disappointed,using "worm' lures. I thought that you would be using using a fly rod.

I never had the patience to fly fish. My favorite is to use a piece of night crawler and thread it onb a single hook attached to a small gold spinner.

Works well no matter what kind of fish you're going after or if your trolling or casting.
:D I use it all baby. Crawlers a lot of the time, and flies too, but not with a fly rod, I just started using the old 'bubble and fly' rig with my normal spinning rod. What the hell was this thread about?

Right, fishing tackle. No.. wave tackle. Sorry.

SSooo Glad I asked

You people are impossible!

patpatriot said:
LeKevin Smith was described by one draft publication as being a good prospect to become a "wave tackle". Google yields no description. Can someone post a brief description of what exactly a Wave tackle is?

Thanks

Didn't Steve Martin play that?, (wave at the RB as they go by).:)

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I think that the important question is whether Kevin can make a play, and then lie on his belly and do the wave, like Johnny Morton (or whatever that guy's name from Kansas City)!

That's the Worm, which T-shirt also apparently uses all the time, fishing at least.

My definition of Wave Tackle: What the Colts try to do when the ball carrier runs their way.

PFnV

patpatriot said:
You people are impossible!

Well, I just checked the "glossary of terms" in the PFW draft guide. They don't give a definition of "wave player".

I guess it's a term that all true football fans are just suppose to know. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back