Washington screwed for 2007 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I was going through the traded draft picks to help make up a mock draft and discovered that the Redskins are screwed, they have the sixth pick in the draft and then have traded away:

A Second rd Pick (37th overall) to the Jets (2006 draft day trade)
A Third rd Pick (70th overall) to the Broncos (3 way with ATL for Ashie Lelie trade)
A Forth rd Pick (@100th overall, depending on how many 3rd rd comp picks awarded) to the 49ers (Brandon Lloyd)

They still have the 6th pick in the Fifth rd, the 5th pick of the Sixth rd, and the 6th pick in the Seventh rd.

So basically they only have one shot to improve there 5-11 team on draft day, with only the sixth pick and then they do not pick again until @ 140th pick of the draft.

In contrast the Pats will have four picks in the top 100, including 2 first rd picks.

The Skins love the screw the future, I'd love to get their 2008 #1 for a 2007 #2 or a Franchised Samuel. Sounds stupid but the Redskins do that kind of thing all the time.

They have to do something. I guess that they can always go out and sign a few more free agents. But how can you trade your 2,3,4 round picks in the same draft? Now the question here is there anyone who could be there at #6, that the Pats would want? I don't think so.

They have to do something. I guess that they can always go out and sign a few more free agents. But how can you trade your 2,3,4 round picks in the same draft? Now the question here is there anyone who could be there at #6, that the Pats would want? I don't think so.

Not only that, but Jonathan Kraft has said, on record, that mid-to-late first round is the "sweet spot" as far as the Pats go.

Not only that, but Jonathan Kraft has said, on record, that mid-to-late first round is the "sweet spot" as far as the Pats go.

BUT>>>>>>>

What if the draft goes.....

1. OAK: JaMarcus Russell
2. DET: Brady Quinn
3. CLE: Joe Thomas
4. TB: Gaines Adams
5. AZ: Levi Brown/Alan Branch

That would still leave Calvin Johnson at #6. Interesting dilemma, normally I would say that using a top ten pick on a WR is a mistake. But this kid has alot of talent.

BUT>>>>>>>

What if the draft goes.....

1. OAK: JaMarcus Russell
2. DET: Brady Quinn
3. CLE: Joe Thomas
4. TB: Gaines Adams
5. AZ: Levi Brown/Alan Branch

That would still leave Calvin Johnson at #6. Interesting dilemma, normally I would say that using a top ten pick on a WR is a mistake. But this kid has alot of talent.

Calvin Johnson is going to make it past the second pick? :D

Washington is unbelievable. At some point very soon, they are going to be in salary cap with all those FA contracts and won't even be able to restock via the draft. I don't mind as I have never liked the Redskins but the mind boggles.

The Skins love the screw the future, I'd love to get their 2008 #1 for a 2007 #2 or a Franchised Samuel. Sounds stupid but the Redskins do that kind of thing all the time.

Great minds think alike, as soon as I read FTW's comments, my mind immediately went to "so how do we get a chunk of their 2008 draft picks?"

i think Redskins can easily get some draft picks back..you know..trade the 6th overall to mid-late first + a 2nd..Archuleta could be trade bait as can Portis/Betts/Randel El/Lloyd/Holdman or someone

they have talent on the team..some they dont need so trading to get picks/plasyers that help tehm can solve some problems.

Snyder is a big spender..he'll go for Clements/Samuel in offseason..ask Springs to restructure, if not..good bye Springs

come to think about it, they're pretty set, as far as their roster is concerned

they have depth at WR, they have a new developing QB, with brunell (if he stays there) at back up, really great rb's in portis and betts

and their defense isnt all too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes