PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Manning calling Brady out with these comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have the question the reading comprehension skills of about 85% of the posters in this thread, CLEARLY the point Peyton was attempting to make
was not that he didn't campaign for calls or react to certain ones, as EVERY QB
in the NFL does

.he said that he does not CLAP or CELEBRATE after roughing the passer calls,

Nice spin doctoring there, but from his quote I don't see how it is obvious at all that his comment was only directed at roughing the passer calls.

I don't think it was a shot at Brady (that is crazy) but he does paint himself as somebody who doesn't campaign for a call, which is far, far from the truth

I'm going to have the question the reading comprehension skills of about 85% of the posters in this thread, CLEARLY the point Peyton was attempting to make
was not that he didn't campaign for calls or react to certain ones, as EVERY QB
in the NFL does

.he said that he does not CLAP or CELEBRATE after roughing the passer calls, as Brady did with his fist pumping and ovation after he recieved the calls, something Manning has NEVER DONE

as a Colts fan, I know Brady and Manning are good friends, to the point it would upset many in both of our fan bases if they knew to what degree, so I don't think he was taking a intentional shot at Brady...

...But your blind hate, envy that Peyton has been Better and the fact you're dealing with a injury to TB and Peyton is clearly on another level right now, are making some of you say a lot of irrational things in this thread especially

Mannings Quote

Our hate for Manning isn't irrational at all. It's based on the fact that he does a lot of the exact same things that Brady does and gets a lot of the same calls are Brady does but doesn't get any hate for it from the worldwide NFL fanbases and/or the media. By the way, your "you guys are just jealous because we're better" attitude is the same one that Pats fans have been called out for using on the grounds that we were "smug" a couple of years ago.

he said that he does not CLAP or CELEBRATE after roughing the passer calls, as Brady did with his fist pumping and ovation after he recieved the calls, something Manning has NEVER DONEe

Thanks, I'm pretty sure we all understood that. It's just since there's no difference between clapping for a RTP and a PI, that distinction wasn't even worthy of pointing out. But thanks for trying to bog down the conversation in semantics anyway!

Last edited:
Of course he would NEVER ask for a call!

1200274240_peyton.jpg

1195277095_peyton.jpg

1195932948_peyton.jpg

Well done!

Well done!

well done except it's random pictures with absolutely no context around them,

I've seen Peyton make those same faces at receivers before after a drop, but

I do like the fact you pulled some XLI pictures up!!!

Last edited:
well done except it's random pictures with absolutely no context around them

Having seen Peyton whine about PI calls repeatedly while playing the Patriots, I'm pretty comfortable making the leap that its OK to associate the Peyton-face with his attitude towards the refs, not just his receivers.

well done except it's random pictures with absolutely no context around them,

I've seen Peyton make those same faces at receivers before after a drop...

it's a subtle difference, but the "Why are you letting me down?" look is a slightly different "Manning face" then the "Ref, give me the call!" look:

1195276940_peyton.jpg

1201943063_peyton.jpg

1195277118_sorgi_peyton.jpg

1195274832_peyton.jpg

I don't follow. Perhaps I should enroll in L_Bizzle's web-based symposium on, "Intro to Patsfans.com Thread Comprehension"

You've got to love insecure Colts fans coming onto a thread on a Pats forum while their team is 5-0. Nice to see the Pats are in your heads.

Btw, have fun watching the regular season. Unfortunately, we all know what happens to your quarterback and team in January against better competition.

Some of us need thicker skin. Who cares what he says and fcuk the Colts. While he's doing Oreo adverts in January the clutch QB's will be begging for flags in the playoffs.

didnt see the Colts vs. Titans game this past week, I was curious to get someone who saw the games opinion on the roughing the passer calls made against the Titans. In comparision to the ones against the Ravens when they played the Pats. All we heard all week was how the refs and the NFL is protecting Brady, but have yet to hear anything likewise for Manning. Were they ticky-tack calls or legitimate ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft