Welcome to PatsFans.com

Warner hints at Super Bowl XXXVI cheating again

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I think it's just human nature coming through, even if he doesn't acknowledge it publicly he can't help but use it as an excuse for a loss.
  3. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

well..its whisenhunt too

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

As I said . . . human nature. He's human too :)
  5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's comments like these, by usersnames like that - that give you hope in the other fan bases around the league.

Between reading about Warner, Whisenhunt and the Cardinals board reaction to one of our members here, the Cardinals have really made it hard for me to embrace them at all.
  6. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +213 / 4 / -5

As I've said before, I wouldn't mind if the Super Bowl goes five overtimes and then finally ends when one of the QBs--I don't really care which--collapses in his own end zone for a safety, making the final score 2-0.
  7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Warner and Whisenhunt are grasping at straws, especially when the violation was filming opponent's DEFENSIVE hand signals... how does that help our defense??
  8. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -1

Warner pretty well sums up what's really on his mind when he says that guys' "careers were changed" in that game. He's clearly talking about himself. That would have been his second ring and people were starting to talk about the Rams as a "Dynasty."

Whatever we might feel about it, the 2000's Pats are never going to get fully out from under the shadow of Spygate. The Shadow will diminish with every passing year, but it will always be there.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Reading those PFT comments really pisses me off. Taping publicly viewable defensive hand signals does not help a team figure out your offense.

How quickly people forget that since the Witch Hunt, the Patriots won 18 games in a row, then the following season, won 11 games after losing 5+ of their best players and using a QB who hadn't started since high school.
  10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You're right, Warner thinks his career was altered on that day and it's easy for him to blame the Pats rather than his own moronic coach. I give him credit for battling back to where he is today after almost being out of the league, but taping defensive signals had no impact on his poor performance that day.

As for the Witch Hunt, why can't the Pats get out of it? Multiple respected coaches have admitted to taping. Defensive hand signals are publicly viewable and it's legal to record them, just not on the sidelines. Belichick has already proved the past 2 years that he is the best coach in the game and that sideline video had no impact.
  11. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -1

I agree on both fronts. Sadly, tho, your second point is the "rational" view.
  12. LeonPowe

LeonPowe Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They beat teams like the Panthers and Eagles that they didn't play in the regular season. How are you supposed to "know what was coming" unless you had played them recently?

Plus, you could, you know, change your signals to prevent it from happening anyways.
  13. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Did he happen to give an excuse for the *****-whoopin BB and the Pats put on him in December?:rolleyes:
  14. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Warner's nonsense and the clueless Cardinals bandwagoners are making it really, really hard for me to root for Arizona tomorrow. On the other hand, I can't really root for the Steelers either. I was hoping the Cardinals could give me a reason to support them, and they're failing, miserably.
  15. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

I suppose we could look at ourselves as being hypocrites too.

1.) If it were the Colts and not the Pats that were 'caught' illegaly stealing signals....I think we would all have a different reaction.

2.) After a 23-0 loss to the Dolphins in 2006, it came out that the Dolphins had a tape with audio of the Patriots offense. This allowed them to analyze all the audibles, etc. We were pretty outraged by this, but are we naive enough to consider that this is the first time this has happened in the NFL. Do we believe that Belicheck hasn't done this before (especially knowing what we know now about Spygate).

The point is, we didn't blame that loss on the Pats playing flat, we blamed it on the Dolphins cheating. Why put blame on yourself when you can put it on others. After most losses, the first thing that most fans want to point to is officiating. It's called deflecting blame, and as someone has already pointed out, it's human nature. Give someone a reason to blame someone/something else for their own short comings and that person will take it.
  16. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

I give Warner a pass. I'm sure that Super Bowl still devastates him the same way that last year's Super Bowl still devastates us. He and we both feel that in both cases the better team lost and we are both searching for excuses as to why this happened. In our case its officiating and in his case it's spygate.
  17. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Unfortunatley, it seems like a Steeler blowout will be the only thing to shut these two up.

Good God this sh!t is annoying. It's times like this I wish BB would have just done the Apology/Explanation Song And Dance so these idiots didn't have a reason to cry like little b!tches.
  18. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

Speak for yourself- there is no loss that I would blame on cheating, and very very few losses that I would blame on officiating.

If the other team outplays you, suck it up and acknowledge it, don't moan, whine, and cry "cheater!" like some whiny Indy Colts fan or their whinier leader Bill Polian. To not lose, you need to play better.
  19. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -8

Hey SVN, or anybody else with an actual account on PFT:

Please reply to this comment...

"FinFanMan13 says:

January 31st, 2009 at 7:36 am
    The guy probably answered a question that was posed to him. Why put all this on Warner?

As for the cheating patsies, sure it was done by all teams but IMMEDIATELY after the Commish sent a memo that it was illegal? "

With this link...

FRAMe: Spy vs. Spy

PFnV
  20. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Doesn't that make him a loser?

Using such excuses does.

Did you hear any Patriot player making excuses about last year?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.