PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warner hints at Super Bowl XXXVI cheating again

Status
Not open for further replies.
well..its whisenhunt too

Sorry for Whisenhunt, but the Pats were accused of stealing defensive signals, not offensive signals. Whisenhunt - you just sucked.

is warner still married to that same lady? and does she still have the same haircut?

Well, he was married to what I would like to call a "dude" or a "bulldike" in the late 90's and early 2000's. Somewhere in between, she morphed into a lady. This is what she looks like now...

10823.jpg

What a hypocrite. He periodically moans about "cheating", sends BB congratulatory notes, etc. Plus, he's got to bring Jesus into every other sentence, like St. Dungy. Can't these guys just concentrate on football, for Chrissakes? Oops...

He is simply trying to cement his credentials as a Hall of Fame player, he is trying to say that he would have had 2 SB's if it wasn't for "spygate." We all know his team was outhit and outphysicaled in that game and that's why they lost. Like the Tuna and BB always say, you give a player a reason for an excuse and he'll take it. As pointed out, losers make excuses. I didn't see any Pats player make excuses for last year and there were plenty to point to if they wanted.

Last edited:
I watched Warner in the Super Bowl when the Rams beat the Titans, he did not impress me. The Titans came very close to winning that game. The next year, the Patriots beat the Rams and now he has the balls to cry about it.

I believe Warner had over 350 yards in both games, at least 300. Whether he impressed you or not he did have good games.

Speak for yourself- there is no loss that I would blame on cheating, and very very few losses that I would blame on officiating.

If the other team outplays you, suck it up and acknowledge it, don't moan, whine, and cry "cheater!" like some whiny Indy Colts fan or their whinier leader Bill Polian. To not lose, you need to play better.

Speak for myself? I may not be speaking for you per say, but from the posts I have seen from this forum over the years I was speaking for a good number of us (including myself).

As I originally stated, it's easier to blame someone/something else for your shortcomings. It's human nature.

Well, he was married to what I would like to call a "dude" or a "bulldike" in the late 90's and early 2000's. Somewhere in between, she morphed into a lady. This is what she looks like now...

thats funny as hell, is that kathy griffin?

I was moving past all that in the hope that arizona would win the super bowl, but now i have to think that i dont really care who wins. the only team i can root for is the pats, anytime i try to have another rooting interest someone has to do something to ruin it

Oddly enough, CNNSI picked up the story and Espn didn't. Is someone new in charge over there?

ProFootballTalk.com - WARNER HINTS AT SUPER BOWL XXXVI CHEATING AGAIN

this is the hypocrisy of warner i dont get. he plays the nice guy who sent congratulatory ntoes to BB after winning the SB and last yr when we had the success but still keeps hinting this.
i think i want warner to get pummelled now by james harrison and crew.

FYI-I lived in New Orleans at the time, and a friend of mine told me that Warner, Faulk, and their other teammates were spotted gobbling down seafood at some restaurant at MIDNIGHT on that SATURDAY BEFORE the game. Pt being that apparently, the Rams took the Pats lightly, and even their coaches were letting them skip curfew et al(and remember Martz went light on practice as the week went by).

The Rams have noone but themselves to blame. Obviously, Martz thought it was a good idea to pull a Wade Phillips during that week of preparation b/c he thought his team had already won that Lombardi.

I HAD BEEN hoping the Cardinals would win...but with these "bush" comments in many ways I hope the Steeler's D tkae that football and stuff it down his throat..

I am getting so sick of OFFENSIVE players and coaches *****ing that the Pats knew what plays were coming! I am still trying to figure out how that is possible. Considering the fact that Super Bowl 36 and the 2 AFC championship games were road and neutral site games. So the people can't use the good ole headset excuse. The Pats don't need to tape offensive coaches, they do not use hand signals. Maybe just maybe the Pats knew what offensive plays were coming because those teams didn't change up enough.

Also in the 2001 AFC title game, the Pats had not played the Steelers since 1998. Also Belichick had not faced the Steelers on a coaching staff since 1996(AFC playoffs) or being a head coach since 1995.

I am getting so sick of OFFENSIVE players and coaches *****ing that the Pats knew what plays were coming! I am still trying to figure out how that is possible. Considering the fact that Super Bowl 36 and the 2 AFC championship games were road and neutral site games. So the people can't use the good ole headset excuse. The Pats don't need to tape offensive coaches, they do not use hand signals. Maybe just maybe the Pats knew what offensive plays were coming because those teams didn't change up enough.

Also in the 2001 AFC title game, the Pats had not played the Steelers since 1998. Also Belichick had not faced the Steelers on a coaching staff since 1996(AFC playoffs) or being a head coach since 1995.

FYI-Pitt's DC Tim Lewis got exposed in that game. Since then, opponents figured him out, which lead to his undoing(and LeBeau coming back). He didn't do any better with the Giants either, where he got fired after 3 seasons. In Carolina where he's served as DB coach, his secondary got torched in the 2nd half of this season, especially in that Zona playoff game.

Really-these teams have noone to blame but themselves.

warner also injects it couldve been god's plan but maybe not
Until a few weeks ago, Warner felt as though a shot at assuaging his Super Bowl sore spot might never come. Through all the tough times – his demise in St. Louis, the washout with the Giants, the earlier disappointments in the desert – the deeply Christian quarterback kept telling himself that it was all part of God’s plan, even if he had no idea what that plan was.

His is an all-in philosophy, but it has its limitations. Sitting in his family room after the NFC title game a week and a half ago, I tried to help him get over his Super Bowl XXXVI frustration by giving him a taste of his own faith: Apparently the plan called for him to experience defeat, given that it ultimately led him to Arizona.

“No,” he said firmly. “Losing that game was not part of the plan.”

For the next few seconds, he looked as distraught as Roethlisberger had in the locker room after Super Bowl XL.

Ten days later, as he sat in his room at the Cardinals’ team hotel Wednesday morning, Warner’s edge had been muted, his perspective changed. “I promise you I am not bitter,” he said. “I do believe this is all part of God’s plan, and the ironic part is a lot of that pondering [about Super Bowl XXXVI] has disappeared, because I feel I have a better idea of what God was doing through it all. I still wonder about the situation, but I don’t want to sit here and lay blame. The ultimate conclusion is that I probably wouldn’t be here if not for that game. Though, of course, the fact that we lost still bothers me – a lot.”
dont know what to understand here. he credits god for giving him a chance for redemption but didnt help him in SB36

warner also injects it couldve been god's plan but maybe not

dont know what to understand here. he credits god for giving him a chance for redemption but didnt help him in SB36

Warner still can't make peace with the fact that God is a Patriot fan. :D

Warner still can't make peace with the fact that God is a Patriot fan. :D

Given what happened in last season's Super Bowl, apparently neither can God....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes