PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

vontaze burfict suspended 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real story here is the relative silence from the league after both teams basically wiped their asses with the memo Roger sent out last week.

Last edited:
The real story here is the relative silence from the league after after both teams basically wiped their asses the memo Roger sent out earlier in the week.

I expect 750k in fines per franchise and their 1st round picks taken away.

Fair is fair.

Brady was "generally" aware (WTF does that even mean?) NOT specifically aware that a ball boy MAY have deflated some game balls even though there has NEVER been ANY evidence to support this accusation and TONNAGE of evidence to the contrary..this Idiotissioner suspends Brady FOUR games, robs a million dollars and takes a 1st and 4th round pick.

Millions see aggravated assaults and widespread cheating during a nationally televised contest and the Idiotissioner comes down hard with 3 games NEXT season to sit out?

I mean it, it's time someone smashes Goodell's face in. Period. Over. Get the fcuk out of this league and out of our lives you fcukin disgraceful goddamned criminal.

He hit his head.

usa-today-9048431.0.jpg

once again, I can't stand Burfict, but if he wanted to , he could have hit Brown directly which would have been much uglier

based on what the league has handed out in the past, I think it is excessive

imagine Suh has been suspended a total of 1 game which was overturned

Burfict should he thrown out of the league.

I can't remember who they were playing earlier this year, but that POS was involved in a pass break up in the back of the endzone. He runs through the border, and slams into a camera man, then proceeds to shove the camera back into the poor bastards face, and may or may not have given him a kick/stomp. It was clear that piece if crap was trying to maim the camera guy. Repeat, thus piece of **** tries to hurt the camera gut. And I'm not talking about Rodman level one off kicks while both are on the ground. The dude went after him.

I hated Osama bin Pollard, but this POS will get his. I hope to high hell he is bankrupt at the usual 3 years removed from the game, and wish him nothing but pain and suffering.

Burfict also kneed Rothlisberger in the shoulder while he was lying on the ground after a sack in that game

Don't get me wrong, if there's one player in the league that I don't mind seeing cheap-shotted its Ben The Raper. But still this Burfict psycho could end someone's career at some point

...and the week before

just a punk, pure and simple

This is just another example of the corruption that is the NFL. Generally aware of something that never happened gets 4 games, a hit that could injure someone gets 3 !! What a farce this league has become. If it was a Patriot player who behaved like that, he would have been suspended for a year !

A shoulder-to-shoulder hit just drew a 3 game suspension, because Pittsburgh.

Yet, Porter will get a small fine, and Munchak will get absolutely nothing, for being an absolute disgrace to the coaching profession.

You know, what Munchak did, worse than what Woody Hayes did, and he got fired (He didn't even connect).

If that was Julian Edelman taking a shoulder-to-shoulder hit, it's a fine at worst.
You saw shoulder to shoulder?

This is just another example of the corruption that is the NFL. Generally aware of something that never happened gets 4 games, a hit that could injure someone gets 3 !! What a farce this league has become. If it was a Patriot player who behaved like that, he would have been suspended for a year !
Yup. And didn't Odell only get one game? That's the league we're watching, ladies and gents. If I didn't love the Pats so much, I'd stop watching the NFL.

He hit him with his shoulder, on his shoulder, which forced Brown's head back, after he had already dropped his head. Brown soccer-flopped the rest.

Burfict deserves a small fine for hitting a defenseless receiver, that's it. He didn't target his head. He didn't lead with his head.
Actually if you watch the hit in slow motion Brown's eyes are closed like sleep ...
as in knocked out. Pause it full screen at 0:26 it's plain to see.

...and the week before

just a punk, pure and simple

ha man... legit just flat out head shots him with a helmet to helmet hit from the blindside on a play he didnt even get the ball

what a lovely man

Actually if you watch the hit in slow motion Brown's eyes are closed like sleep ...
as in knocked out. Pause it full screen at 0:26 it's plain to see.

Here's my problem with the defenseless rule in general, and you can see it here (I'm not defending Burfict, I'm talking about the rule). Brown clearly, and either deliberately or reflexively, lowers his head, thus making the contact with the helmet much more difficult for the defender to avoid. Now, I'm not saying Burfict was trying to avoid said contact. I'm simply pointing out an example of the problem I've always had with the rule. If the rule is to stay, there should at least be some degree of the weighting of defender intent v. actions of 'defenseless' receiver involved.

ESPN's Bob Holtzman reports Antonio Brown (concussion) is "not looking good" for the Divisional Round against the Broncos.
How can that be? Pacman Jones said he was faking it. :rolleyes:

Wish this suspension info could help Brady in court

He hit him with his shoulder, on his shoulder, which forced Brown's head back, after he had already dropped his head. Brown soccer-flopped the rest.

Burfict deserves a small fine for hitting a defenseless receiver, that's it. He didn't target his head. He didn't lead with his head.

Not sure if this is a joke or not...but this isn't what happened...at all

One game max and a fine, 3 game suspension is absolute ********. No Fun League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference