PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Von Miller Fined for Late Hit on the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes me sick is the fact that they only fined him half of the normal fee. For those of you that don't know, Von miller is the highest penalized LB in the league since 2011 (the year he entered) and also the player with the most personal fouls to games played ratio. He also leads the league this season with 6 personal fouls (might be more, stats might be a week old).

So this leads me to ask, why in the F'in world was he only charged half of the normal fine. Like someone mentioned above, it was clearly late, and it was clearly deliberate, and this clearly isn't his first offense. The only thing this says to the entire league is, "if you hit Brady, you will only receive a small portion of the Fine, so pleaseeeeeeee go ahead and target him, and I Goodell will do everything in my power to let you get away with it"

Its ****ing BS and it couldn't be more obvious. Something truly needs to be done here. I hope Goodell get's in a horrible car crash, but doesn't die.

201506_2253_fhehb_sm.jpg

• Ha Ha
Reactions: glm
Didn't read the article, but one of the headlines on this site said it was $6,881.

What an oddly specific number. How do they come up with these things? Seems equally as arbitrary as a 4 game suspension for playing in cold weather.

Think it was $8600 give or take a few bucks, which I think is the standard low end amount.

where's the fine for the blatant launch INTO bradys head that was way worse?

Didn't read the article, but one of the headlines on this site said it was $6,881.

What an oddly specific number. How do they come up with these things? Seems equally as arbitrary as a 4 game suspension for playing in cold weather.
I think that the fines are a percentage of something. That's why they come out so specific.

Is this the very same Von Miller who got a slap on the wrist from Mr. Protect the Shield for falsifying his drug test in a blantant attempt to circumvent the rules?
everyone knows that falsifying a test for prohibited substances by everyone is not as important as an "suspected" equipment violation on something the NFL had never measured for, in the 95 league history

/sarcasm

Goodell was just hoping someone would succeed in taking out Brady for 4 games, since he had failed

von is a clown.
guy gets pissed that brady made a silly facebook post.

he should smoke more weed.

It's kind of odd seeing a player get fined for something that didn't draw a penalty during the game. I wonder if anyone keeps track of how often that happens in the NFL?
It did get called in the game. This was the hit where Brady was already down with another bronco around his ankles and Von Miller jumped on him anyway. Unnessasary roughness. It was the other hit where a safety? I think ? Launched himself head first into Brady that people are pissed about.

It did get called in the game. This was the hit where Brady was already down with another bronco around his ankles and Von Miller jumped on him anyway. Unnessasary roughness. It was the other hit where a safety? I think ? Launched himself head first into Brady that people are pissed about.

Thank you. I had those plays confused.

I never noticed the launching while the play was developing. It wasn't until minutes later they showed the guy leaping and landing on his head that I saw how another blatant penalty wasn't called. Then I noticed it was never shown again during the broadcast. Someone brought up a point/wish in another thread in saying it's too bad the refs can't be interviewed about specific calls and non-calls that they made during the game, complete with video of the play. I would have loved to hear the explanation on how this did not constitute going for the head/neck area.

everyone knows that falsifying a test for prohibited substances by everyone is not as important as an "suspected" equipment violation on something the NFL had never measured for, in the 95 league history

/sarcasm
Wasn't the douche suspended something like four games for this? Anyway, I don't see how he wasn't banned for a year for this failed attempt at cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes