PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinceurance...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would you say then that since they were 11-5 without Brady that Welker is more important to the Patriots than Brady?

No, but you knew that was a red herring when you posed the question.

And I was suggesting that with Hernandez, Gronk, and Edelman healthy, but with welker injured the Patriots would have won more than 9 games.

And I'm noting that the team has been more successful, albeit using small sample sizes, in the absense of Hernandez, Gronk and Edelman than it has been in the absence of Welker.

They seemed to do fine while missing Gronk or Hernandez for most of the season.

Of course losing 4/5 of your top receiving targets is going to hurt any team.

Gronk missed 5 games, that isn't "most of the season". Hernandez missed 6, also not "most of the season".

"Fine" to me isn't needing last second miracles to beat the Bills and Jets at home and an end zone interception to beat Jacksonville. We lose all 3 of those without Welker, hence, lucky to be 9-7.

So would you say then that since they were 11-5 without Brady that Welker is more important to the Patriots than Brady?

And I was suggesting that with Hernandez, Gronk, and Edelman healthy, but with welker injured the Patriots would have won more than 9 games.

They went 11-5 with Brady with a team coming off a 16-0 season.
This year we needed OT to be the Jets at home, and end zone Ints at the end of the game to beat Jacskonville and Buffalo at home.
This team doesnt resemble the one that went 11-5 without Brady.

We need to get more physical and it could be players like Mike DeVito from the Jets who would be an upgrade over most of our list. Or Arthur Jones (RFA) from the Ravens and Chandler's brother would also be a huge upgrade.

Anyone know much of anything on Tampa Bay DT Roy Miller? Apparently he went in the 3rd round of the 2009 draft and is a FA. He seems to be pretty durable having played in either 15 or 16 games every yr during his 4 yrs in the league.

Here are some comments from an article I read today:

Stephen Holder of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the team has yet to engage in any “substantive” contract talks with defensive tackle Roy Miller. Miller started 14 of the 15 games he played this season as the Bucs’ “tilted nose” and drew a lot of praise from the coaching staff for both his own play as well as the way he helps open things up for Gerald McCoy.

“I think how Roy has played and how physical he is in the run game has given a chance for … Gerald to get a single block, get off and make plays,” defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan said late in the season. “I think Roy has had a very good year. He’s been very disruptive. He’s a guy a lot of times you need to put two blockers on or else he’s got a chance to really knock the center back and get in the backfield.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back