PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinatraitor Colts Missing Piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It baffles my mind that not one front running National Media type has come out and really blasted Peyton Manning as being the reason that the Colts haven't even won an AFC Championship, let alone a Superbowl, despite being pretty much the consensus pick to win it all every year by these same media types 3 years running.

They have blamed the kicker, the defense, the offensive line (oops that was Manning), the home field advantage, coaching, defensive holding, resting players at the end of the season and weather as the reasons for Manning not winning his Championship which he is "destined" to win. This a sympton of complete denial. It's always someone or something else's fault.

This even despite that fact that Manning has played some of the worst games of his career in big games, and that he has failed to move his team into at least chip shot distances in close games, instead making mental errors that cost his team field position. The one constant here in the playoff losses is that Manning has never really played a good game. Champions play there best game of the year in the playoffs, not through out their biggest stinker.

It is my belief that the Colts will not even win their division this year, as there will be a huge drop off in offensive efficiency with Edge gone. That guys was the tail that wagged that dog.

huskeralk said:
Okay, it's not a fact but if the Patriots were in that game and it was Vinatieri lining up for the FG would you have any doubt that he would make the kick? I know you hate the guy now but you have to give the devil his due, he would have made the kick and more than likely the Colts would have been in the super bowl.
I don't hate the guy at all. Just tellme, when the Pats were down in Denver, how did AV do with his kick?

It isn't hate, it is just an acknowledgement that all kickers miss, even AV.

Both Vinitieri and Vanderjak missed their last kicks with their respective teams. I don't think that anything can be read into that except that neither kicker is 100% on the year. But we already knew that.

Bothkickers have a high completion rating. I would rather have AV but he would rather not be here. Making him out to be some kind of kicking god who never misses might help you get into a sorrowful gee-I-miss-him mood, but facts is facts.

spacecrime said:
Making him out to be some kind of kicking god who never misses might help you get into a sorrowful gee-I-miss-him mood, but facts is facts.

I don't miss him and in a weird sort of way, I'm almost glad that he's gone now. By the way, until he left, everyone here thought he was a kicking god as you put it.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is a kicker. I am sure they can find someone else who knows how to kick footballs high and far. And kick them when its wet out. Or indoors. Or kick footballs when it is snowing (kinda tricky).

He was good for us but he obviously wanted to leave, so screw him. He wants to make more money and not win anymore. Fine with me. Either "Kelly Kapowski Grastlowski" or The Rat With Curly Hair will do just fine.

He is with the choke artists now. And now i have another excuse to watch their games and hate them even more.

With David Thornton gone on defense, the starting WLB will be...

:drumroll:...

Gilbert Gardner!

Brady-To-Branch said:
In defense of Vanderjagt he didn't get any help from his QB...

His most notable chokes are the missed 48-YD FG in Foxboro in the 2004 opener and the 46-YD FG he missed in the AFC DIV loss to the Steelers. Both kicks would have sent the game into OT.

In each of those games Peyton set his kicker up for failure. In the Foxboro game, the Colts were already in good FG range when Peyton didn't read the blitz and McGinest sacked him for a loss of 12 yards and a 26-YD FG becomes a 48-YD attempt. Rookie QBs are taught that you don't take a sack in that situation. Yet Vanderjagt becomes the goat. Vandy compounded his own problem when he foolishly flashed the "money" sign at the Pats sideline, thus looking like a jackass afterwards. Vandy's miss coupled with his goofy antics provided enough cover for the fair-haired QB to escape blame.

About last season's home loss to Pittsburgh. To say that the fair-haired QB could have done a much better job moving the ball down field from his own 42 with a minute and 3 TOs left, is an understatement. Instead of relying on a 46-yard FG attempt, Manning could have helped his kicker by getting the 1st down on 2nd and 2 at the Pitt 28, with 31 seconds left and two TOs remaining. At this point, the Steelers defense understood the situation and played for the deep ball in the end zone (OT is better than a loss - Peyton didn't seem to grasp this truism). Yet, what did the FHQB do? He takes two shots at the endzone and forces his kicker to make a 46-YD FG attempt. I don't think Vanderjagt misses a chip shot.

At the present time, Pollian is snickering about snatching AV from the Pats, Vanderjagt is in Dallas, and the pundits are getting silly over the Colts again. Adam was 4-8 in FGAs of 40+ YDS in 2005. The Colts had better hope this isn't the beginning of a trend. You know the FHQB isn't going to help.
Great point! I hate and I mean hate Vanderjact but you were right throughout that entire post.

I had a dream that the Patriots were beating the Colts 35-0 at halftime last night. I figured I'd share that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes