PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings vs. Jets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok they played the jets......................so can we have moss back now......pls

Don't forget, The Patriots have to play The Vikings too. With Randy Moss, Percy Harvin and maybe Sidney Rice. I'd like to see them win that game.

Don't forget, The Patriots have to play The Vikings too. With Randy Moss, Percy Harvin and maybe Sidney Rice. I'd like to see them win that game.

I think we will if farve plays like tonight.

Your right, I can't even remember the last time the Vikings lost. oh wait.......

As much as it pains me to say it, the Jets are looking like a real shoe in for the playoffs representing the AFCE. They're doing exactly what they need to do. Have a game managing QB, a good running game, with a good defense. Kudos to Fatty for making it work, I guess he is controlling the egos in that room.

That said, I think that Revis is showing that hes partially a product of the blitz schemes Ryan ran last year, rather than the Jets fan saying that it's the other way around. Yes, hes left alone with other receivers, but I'm beginning to think that's just a product of teams not knowing what to expect. He's not looking as good as he did last year.

That said, I think that Revis is showing that hes partially a product of the blitz schemes Ryan ran last year, rather than the Jets fan saying that it's the other way around. Yes, hes left alone with other receivers, but I'm beginning to think that's just a product of teams not knowing what to expect. He's not looking as good as he did last year.

Let me say this about Revis as a Jets fan. He is a punk. I don't like him as a person, he went after a far more accomplised WR in Moss, treated him with no respect and didn't shut up all, then not only does he not cover him, but he gets roasted by Percy Harvin. I know our team talks a lot but we rarely talk DOWN the opponent, we talk ourselves up more than anything. Revis OTOH, goes after guys and tonight he couldn't back up his words, he made a complete fool of himself.

I'll say this though. This is not him at 100%, it's hard for me to defend him cause he's such a prick but believe me last year was no fluke. He was left by himself and he shut down the best depsite being one of the most targeted WR's in the league. Already rumors that he's out of next weeks game, he really shouldn't have been playing. But from day 1 I knew this guy was going to be the best in the league, last year he became the best and he will get back to that level.

Then he'll holdout again in two years...:rolleyes:

Let me say this about Revis as a Jets fan. He is a punk. I don't like him as a person, he went after a far more accomplised WR in Moss, treated him with no respect and didn't shut up all, then not only does he not cover him, but he gets roasted by Percy Harvin. I know our team talks a lot but we rarely talk DOWN the opponent, we talk ourselves up more than anything. Revis OTOH, goes after guys and tonight he couldn't back up his words, he made a complete fool of himself.

I'll say this though. This is not him at 100%, it's hard for me to defend him cause he's such a prick but believe me last year was no fluke. He was left by himself and he shut down the best depsite being one of the most targeted WR's in the league. Already rumors that he's out of next weeks game, he really shouldn't have been playing. But from day 1 I knew this guy was going to be the best in the league, last year he became the best and he will get back to that level.

Then he'll holdout again in two years...:rolleyes:

No, he's not a punk, he missed camp, and strained a hamstring, and isn't 100% yet. I'd rather Revis sit out this week, and then have the bye week for another 2+ weeks off to get healthy for the 2nd half of the season.

He did what so many other pro football players have done, he held out and played the market when his stock value was at an all time high.

Let the Jets fans enjoy it. I highly doubt any of them are naive enough to think they won that game. I mean, that's a pretty bad case of homerism if true. Defense played like **** against a hapless, befuddled foe. Offense looked questionable in second half.

Jets fans are probably feeling lucky and thankful right about now.

False.

It's a misconception that the Vikings handed the Jets the game. The truth is that the Jets handed the Vikings the game and the Vikings blew it.

The Jets controlled the game in the first half and completely snuffed out the Vikings defensively while failing to put up TDs on offense.

If the Jets had executed properly on offense there would've been no game to hand off to anyone. Yet, 5 scores later, the Jets were only up by 8.

So essentially, the Jets had every opportunity to win, tried their hardest to give it to Minnesota, and Minnesota just did not want it.

So no, the Vikings did not give the game to the Jets. They never had it to give.

Mark Sanchez has not turned the ball over this season, Good running game, Good D, lots of up side.

Vikes are a good team.

Sanchez has been lucky this season. He could have been picked 2-4 times last night alone on bad or questionable throws at least one or two in the defenders' hands. Last year those probably were picks. Luck is a part of football and teams that win the Super Bowl usually have a lot of good breaks their way.

I won't disagree with the other parts of your analysis of the Jets although I will disagree with your assessment of the Vikes. The Vikes are 1-3. They are not a good team. As Parcells always says "You are what you are" and the Vikes are a team with one win and that win was against the 1-4 Lions.

Sanchez has been lucky this season. He could have been picked 2-4 times last night alone on bad or questionable throws at least one or two in the defenders' hands. Last year those probably were picks. Luck is a part of football and teams that win the Super Bowl usually have a lot of good breaks their way.

I won't disagree with the other parts of your analysis of the Jets although I will disagree with your assessment of the Vikes. The Vikes are 1-3. They are not a good team. As Parcells always says "You are what you are" and the Vikes are a team with one win and that win was against the 1-4 Lions.

Yeah, I'm going to disagree with you there. The Vikes are a good team and would be a great one if they had better play-calling and a QB that didn't turn the ball over 3-4 times a game. My advice to the vikings would be to let farve go even if he doesn't retire after this season and work on trading for a QB or picking one up in the draft.

And it was nice to see my stat predictions were almost right about Moss. :D 1 TD and almost had 90 yards.

No, he's not a punk, he missed camp, and strained a hamstring, and isn't 100% yet. I'd rather Revis sit out this week, and then have the bye week for another 2+ weeks off to get healthy for the 2nd half of the season.

He did what so many other pro football players have done, he held out and played the market when his stock value was at an all time high.

You have to admit, the guy talks way too much trash. He did it when the Pats faced the Jets and Moss embarrassed him with that one-handed TD so what does he do? He starts trash-talking about Moss again. :rolleyes: I have to wonder if Harvin is going to be added to Darrelle's slouch list next after scoring twice on him.

In my opinion, Cromartie is a better overall CB than Revis.

I wonder what would happen to the Jets if the refs started calling defensive holding on the DBs for grabbing arms after 5 yards?

IMO, the Jets should be very concerned about that.

Yeah Yeah whatever... Every QB have throws during the game that could have been picked. MMM Bradyboy nvr gets them :cool:

Yeah Yeah whatever... Every QB have throws during the game that could have been picked. MMM Bradyboy nvr gets them :cool:

Yes, Brady has thrown some, but Sanchez throwing a ball right to a defender and the defender dropping the ball is not decision making because it wasn't pick. Sanchez has been lucky this year in that aspect. Last year he wasn't. I have seen him make some bad decisions at critical time in the last two games where it wasn't a blow out. Overall, he had played well, but he has been lucky that his stupid decisions haven't cost him.

You'll learn Luck is a big part of getting to and winning a SB. The pats were lucky many times in getting to the SB, the Giants were lucky in winning the '07 SB. Theres a saying that goes " I'd rather be lucky than good'"

You'll learn Luck is a big part of getting to and winning a SB. The pats were lucky many times in getting to the SB, the Giants were lucky in winning the '07 SB. Theres a saying that goes " I'd rather be lucky than good'"

Exactly, the Pats had David Patten recover a fumble while unconscious in a Super Bowl. Last night the Jets were lucky that all the Vikings fumbles bounced in their direction while LT's fumble went out of bounds. It seems that many teams who go to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl have luck on their side.

EDIT: I forgot to put the word year after Super Bowl for when Patten recovered a fumble while unconscious.

Last edited:
Exactly, the Pats had David Patten recover a fumble while unconscious in a Super Bowl.

That was during the season at Buffalo. I know, 'cuz I was there. :)

The vikings had their chance and they blew it.I knew they where gonna blow it.Favre wasnt gonna drive the vikings to see a FG.They had alot of time as well to do it and he threw the pick.:rolleyes:

I forgot to put year after Super Bowl. Sorry. It was a Super Bowl year.

Had it not been for that play, who knows what would have happened with that year. If I recall, it was near the end of the game and that drive wound up being the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back