PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings cut Berrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that is accurate. I seem to remember Chad making some important catches in key drives. Except for his one big drop which didn't matter in the end, he has "gotten the job done" when asked. The issue really is that he hasn't been asked all that much. Personally, I'd like to see a bit more blamed heaped on Brady for not trying to work guys like Chad and Price a bit more into the offense. I think he is tending to zero in more on his favorites again. Or maybe its that B.O.B. isn't changing it up enough where other receivers are the primary target in plays.

Or maybe Price / Johnson aren't good enough to play / play more than 8 snaps a game.

Or maybe Price / Johnson aren't good enough to play / play more than 8 snaps a game.

That could be the case, but its hard to tell in this offense. Traditionally Brady spreads the ball around to many different positions (WR, TE, RB) but not necessarily outside of his prime guys. When was the last time a third WR played a major impact on this team? Probably Stallworth and that was in a historically pass heavy offense. Other than that pretty much not at all. Its not unusual that the third WR isn't lighting it up in this offense.

It still amazes me that homers don't admit the obvious because they have to pretend that the Patriots are the best at every single thing, in every single situation. For example, there's no way in hell that every team in the NFL would love to have Johnson as a backup.

At $5 million or whatever they're paying Ochostinko, no one, including the Patriots, wants this underachiever as a backup. He's the John Lackey of the Patriots so far, without the beer.

Why does everything tangentially about receivers turn into an Ochostinko thread? Wasn't this a thread about Bernard Berrian?

:confused2:

It's probably because they need a receiver.

Who would you replace? Don't say "Ocho," because he is just a back up. Saying Ocho is like claiming Edelman is the problem.

Is he an upgrade over Welker or Branch?

I agree with, I forgot the poster's name. The offense is set, thanks for playing. Now if he can rush the passer...:D

Who would you replace? Don't say "Ocho," because he is just a back up. Saying Ocho is like claiming Edelman is the problem.

Is he an upgrade over Welker or Branch?

I agree with, I forgot the poster's name. The offense is set, thanks for playing. Now if he can rush the passer...:D

They needed a receiver last year. All the posters who spent the season bashing those of us who pointed it out were served a healthy dose of crow when Johnson was signed and Tate was cut loose, yet you all still want to go down the same "All is well!" road.

Johnson's struggles so far show that the needed receiver has not yet materialized. I hope that Johnson has gotten the offense to the point where he can be that upgrade but, unless and until he does, an upgrade at WR will still be a need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore