PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings cut Berrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not overrating Berrian.I want them to bring him in for a workout.I am willing to try anything at this point.I am sick of Ocho.He;s useless!!!Branch doesnt get separation consistently.The bottom line is this team has awful wr production from the outside!

If Ocho doesn't dramatically step it up then yes I agree with the few who have said we need a wr. However, Berrian is not the answer.

1) The Patriots are 5-1 without Ocho contributing and probably are fine as they are...On defense maybe we need some help..the offense looks to be good even if Ocho is a worthless POS

2) When was the last time Belichick signed a big name or a well known player in mid season? .... can't remember any

Last edited:
Saying they are 5-1 is hog wash.This team was 14-2 last year and what happened?Against the jets they took Welker out of the equation and it was over last year.

Saying they are 5-1 is hog wash.This team was 14-2 last year and what happened?Against the jets they took Welker out of the equation and it was over last year.

IMO The Jets beat the Pats in the playoffs not so much because Welker was taken out of the game but because the offense became predictable and Brady threw way too much and O'Brien's gaemplan was crap...this year we have a better mix of Pass and Run and MUST continue to be balanced.

IMO The Jets beat the Pats in the playoffs not so much because Welker was taken out of the game but because the offense became predictable and Brady threw way too much and O'Brien's gaemplan was crap...this year we have a better mix of Pass and Run and MUST continue to be balanced.

not to mention ahern wasnt playing, this team doesnt need a wr to come in, i dont understand how people think we need one. everybody acts ike every team in the nfl has 4 great wr. look at the past champs they pats had nothing to great.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

not to mention ahern wasnt playing, this team doesnt need a wr to come in, i dont understand how people think we need one. everybody acts ike every team in the nfl has 4 great wr. look at the past champs they pats had nothing to great.

You should talk to Belichick and explain to him just how stupid he is, since he brought in Johnson after last year, and inquired about Lloyd before the trade deadline this season.

And u think this offense is not predictable now?Welker underneath or one of the TEs.They loss last year because nobody could make a damn play on offense.No separation at all.I agree about the playcalling and that might concern me in a big spot with O'Brien.The whole coaching staff was outcoached in that playoff game.

lets see if Ochocinco can step it up after the Bye before making any moves...

honestly, if he doesnt pick it up, id rather give Taylor Price a chance rather than signing someother old WR....the guys been in the system, has good athelticism...lets see what he can do

You should talk to Belichick and explain to him just how stupid he is, since he brought in Johnson after last year, and inquired about Lloyd before the trade deadline this season.

are you kidding? your telling me bring in someone now will help? johnson coming in was a good upgrade. we as fans have been spoiled by what we had with moss coming in and automaticly fitting in. and when we got branch back he knew the system. honestly who would be better than ocho that we could get and dont even say lloyd.

True, but Hernandez didn't play that game. If he plays they wouldn't be able to take out Welker the way they did. You also have to factor that Welker was nowhere as healthy as he is now. He is a much different receiver this year as compared to last. Lastly you have to fault the o-line. They were miserable allowing Brady to get harrased with 3 man rushes. I have to think they will be much better this year.

I am not going to take anything from the Jets that game. They played their best game of the year and had a masterful game plan, but that game turned on 2 plays. The Brady interception and Crumpler drop. If those 2 plays don't happen, we probably win.

How about no?

Anything would be better then Ocho at this point.The guy has been a total bust.Lets see what he can do after the BYE.I wasnt hoping for a 1000 yard season but at least contribute 5 to 6 catches per game.

Blaming the o-line last year is not true.They didnt play well but Brady hung on to the ball a long time in that game and those sacks where coverage sacks.It wasnt the o-line.It was lack of offensive production.

Anything would be better then Ocho at this point.The guy has been a total bust.Lets see what he can do after the BYE.I wasnt hoping for a 1000 yard season but at least contribute 5 to 6 catches per game.

It won't be against the Steelers either,Ocho in his prime was NEVER a true threat to the Steelers defense and he won't be sunday...expect another 1 catch game at best and about 15 yards or so ....

Gronk and Hernandez will be key to this game who I think are a mismatch for the Steelers secondary,I think Welker will be held in check,those LBs will be right on him and won't let him get far.

Last edited:
are you kidding? your telling me bring in someone now will help?

I don't know. You don't know either. BB apparently thought Brandon Lloyd could, although he reportedly balked once he heard Lloyd's contract demands.

johnson coming in was a good upgrade.

I've been defending the Johnson trade because of the odd offseason, but let's not pretend he's been some amazing upgrade to this point. So far, he's been Tate with better hands on out patterns, but with even more mental mistakes and with no special teams help. I'm for letting him keep getting snaps because they don't seem to have anyone else, but it's not because I think they've been playing possum with the guy.

we as fans have been spoiled by what we had with moss coming in and automaticly fitting in. and when we got branch back he knew the system. honestly who would be better than ocho that we could get and dont even say lloyd.

Nonsense.... Noticing team problems is not a product of being spoiled.

Last edited:
I'll go on record saying that I believe Chad will become much more important after the bye week as Brady gains comfort with him in the system. In my opinion, I think this has less to do with knowing the routes and more with Brady's comfort level.

There is slim chance that any receiver is going to walk off the street and come in and help this team. These are the receivers that they are going to win or lose with and I'm fine with it. When everyone is healthy, Brady has more quality receiving options then he has ever had on a team.

These are your five:
Welker
Branch
Hernandez
Gronkowski
Faulk/Woodhead

Does anybody really think its going to be easy to come in and take snaps away from Branch considering Brady's affinity for him? Who else comes off the field?

And which of these four do you want taken off of the field so that Ocho can get those catches?

Welker
Hernandez
Branch
GRONK

Facts are no one other than those four are going to be putting up the production you want from the teams 5th option.

It won't be against the Steelers either,Ocho in his prime was NEVER a true threat to the Steelers defense and he won't be sunday...expect another 1 catch game at best and about 15 yards or so ....

Gronk and Hernandez will be key to this game who I think are a mismatch for the Steelers secondary,I think Welker will be held in check,those LBs will be right on him and won't let him get far.

un unh.....Welker is going to run wild...The steelers problem is with the TE's.They're going to have to play Troy P deeper to protect the deep middle vs Aaron and Gronk.....and the zone blitz against Brady?....good luck,with that!:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes