PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vick's pitbulls to die (because of owner neglect/irresponsiblity)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to educate you a little, You may be too young to remember, but Petey, from the Little Rascals was a Pit Bull. He was around children ALL the time, and there were never any negative incidents.

Great! So theres one Pit Bull that didnt eat kids.

I'll bet we could find another one too.

I do have kids..and I tell them to stay far away from Pit bulls.

Pit Bulls are like jungle animals, they shouldnt be in a house.

Not only are you ignorant and uniformed when it comes to pitbulls, judging by the pictures on your sig you have a problem with alcohol. Think you might like the booz a lil to much there captain drunkie!

I suspect your kids will grow up to be as ignorant as you...Sad really:(

Last edited:
Not only are you ignorant and uniformed when it comes to pitbulls, judging by the pictures on your sig you have a problem with alcohol. Think you might like the booz a lil to much there captain drunkie!

I suspect your kids will grow up to be as ignorant as you...Sad really:(

So all those stories about Pit Bulls and Rottys are fake?

Theyre jungle animals, they belong in the jungle.

Not only are you ignorant and uniformed when it comes to pitbulls, judging by the pictures on your sig you have a problem with alcohol. (

So does my pic also indicate I have a problem with leprechauns?

Good shelters do. I had to fill out tons of paperwork, and they called the people I put down as references. They even reserved the right to come out and inspect my property. I've bought cars more easily, and I didn't mind one bit. I would never, under any circumstances, buy an animal from a pet store. Don't even get me started on those.

Here's the deal with pits: they're a naturally aggressive dog. It's what they were bred for. Having said that, pits are great dogs under the care of the right owners. Unfortuately, pits and Rotties tend to attract idiot owners at a far greater rate than other breeds.

Well said.
I too am the owner of a Pit and she's the most fun loving dog anybody could ever ask for.
Every person who meets her within mentions how great of a dog she is.

So all those stories about Pit Bulls and Rottys are fake?

Theyre jungle animals, they belong in the jungle.

Danny in trying to be nice I'm just going to say you simply don't know what you are talking about, and you seem less than informed about the actual breed. Also, by telling your children to stay away from Pit bulls you're building a fear of the breed within them, so if your children are ever around a pit bull they are likely to act frightened. Why that's bad? When a dog (just about any breed) senses fear it can make the dog fear for it's safety, or their owners, so if out of sensing fear the dog happens to bite one of your children it will partly be of your own fault.

That's my last response to you on the subject, since I realize you were not joking.

Last edited:
Also, by telling your children to stay away from Pit bulls you're building a fear of the breed within them, so if your children are ever around a pit bull they are likely to act frightened. Why that's bad? When a dog (just about any breed) senses fear it can make the dog fear for it's safety, or their owners, so if out of sensing fear the dog happens to bite one of your children it will partly be of your own fault.

That's my last response to you on the subject, since I realize you were not joking.

100% correct.

So does my pic also indicate I have a problem with leprechauns?

If the leprechaun was not holding a beer then I would not have said it. It is ob you have an obsession with alcohol.

You are ignorant. If you knew anything you would know pitbulls temper score higher then most all breeds. Look up what a temper score is. You have no clue what you are talking about. As ignorant as you are, I suspect your kids will grow up to have the same fate:( I bet you think we should just bomb the middle east and "kill em all" to:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good shelters do. I had to fill out tons of paperwork, and they called the people I put down as references. They even reserved the right to come out and inspect my property. I've bought cars more easily, and I didn't mind one bit. I would never, under any circumstances, buy an animal from a pet store. Don't even get me started on those.

Here's the deal with pits: they're a naturally aggressive dog. It's what they were bred for. Having said that, pits are great dogs under the care of the right owners. Unfortuately, pits and Rotties tend to attract idiot owners at a far greater rate than other breeds.

Seriously. I had to do more paperwork to get my dogs than to get my house it seems. We have 2 dogs and 3 cats. I have a sheltie and a Chow mix. Chows have the stigma of being aggressive as well. My Chow is about the most loving dog you'll meet. She loves people, and has to stop and let everyone pet her when we go on walks. You can see her aggression when protecting the yard- squirrels and birds beware- but other than that, she's an ideal dog. It's about the owners, and how the pet is treated.

Re: Vick's pitbulls to die(because of owner neglect/irresponsiblity)

I would think this would lead to lawsuits in a hurry. Where German Shepards are smart and very trainable and stable, pit bulls much less so. A German Shepard can run after a fugitive, stop and hold him without mauling. A put bull is a bad choice for most K9 tasks IMO.

Sorry, but a normally bred Pit is one of the most stable dogs of all of the breeds. Much more so that Sheps, dalmations, and nearly all of the small breeds. They are sweet, generous, and very smart.

Shephards are notoriously unstable when other dogs are around. Walk around a park where owners have Shepherds, and you'll see those owners keeping a close hand on their dogs.

The issue here is not just in the treatment, but in the breeding. These dogs have been hand made over decades; they aren't at all representative of the Pit breed. They are trouble as soon as they come out of the womb.

A fighting pit from Washington DC (one of the three major breeding areas) can be differentiated by a trained eye from 50 yards away. They are built differently than a normal Pit.

Re: Vick's pitbulls to die(because of owner neglect/irresponsiblity)

Searching, drug and explosives "sniffing"(as you call it) are apart of K9 duties...
Pit bulls may be fine for drug and explosives sniffing, risky for searching and any K9 duties requiring interaction with people.

Those pitbulls protect our borders, calling them a bad choice because of their breed and not how they handle themselves is insulting...
I thought you knew something about dogs. Your comment makes no sense. How a pure-bred dog behaves is inherent in the breed. To say that a border collie or chihuahua is not suitable for a seeing eye dog, or that a golden retriever or ****er spaniel is not suitable as a junkyard guard dog is not insulting. It is a statement that acknowledges the characteristics of the breed in question. Irish wolfhounds as a breed are not a good choice of pet for an elderly lady who lives in a small apartment in NYC. It is not insulting, it is a fact. It isn't the fault of the dog. The dog is what it is. The problem is the idiocy of the person who buys a wolfhound under those conditions.

It is equally idiotic for police departments to utilize pit bulls as K9 dogs. It is their (pit bull's) behavior that is the problem, plus the fact they they are a liability should anyone be mauled with more enthusiasm than can later be justified.

It doesn't matter if "most pit bulls aren't like that," or that "these pit bulls are different."

Lawsuits are the problem. People may sue if exposed to unecesseary police force, even if they are committing a crime. If they are later found innocent of the crime, excessive force lawsuits are a nightmare.

It is a lot easier to defend a lawsuit if someone was mauled by a german shepard. Almost all police departments use these dogs, and they are an industry standard.

If a man is mauled by a pit bull, the first thing the police department must do is answer the question, "All other police departments use german shepards. Why did you choose an animal with a reputation for viciousness." Replying that the animal is not vicious or pit bulls don;'t desrrve their reputation will go nowhere with a jury when a horribly scarred man or worse, woman, is testifying.

Perception is reality. Just like it foolish for NFL players to be at a nightclulb at 2:00 a.m., it is foolish for police departments to use dogs with a bad reputation. The NFL player may have been provoked into a fight, or the pit bull into a mauling, but it doesn't matter. It is a battle they cannot win.

I don't care how good your pit bull is with children. Pit bulls have a repuation for mauling. It is not an undeserved reputation. Using them for police work is just plain stupid.

There are better choices to be made.

Sorry, but a normally bred Pit is one of the most stable dogs of all of the breeds.
The AKC does not agree with you. I admire your loyalty to your dog, but pit bulls are aggressive. Some are very aggressive. They are not always aggressive but cannot be trusted to be non-aggressive at any given time. That does not fit my definition of aggressive.

This discussion is pointless. It is like saying Jeffrey Dalmer was a nice tenant and always paid his rent on time, so there was nothing wrong with him.

We're talking pit bulls, not golden retrievers.

Last edited:
I can't believe some of the stuff in this thread about Pit Bulls. Honestly, I don't have a pit bull and frankly, I think they're completely unattractive dogs.

However, I concur with what some Pit Bull owners have said. Every encounter I've had with Pit Bulls has completely defied the stereotype.

That's because those who own them treat them right. In Vick's case, these animals have been abused because he and the rest in his posse are sociopaths who deserve prison time for what they've done. And spare me the "he didn't know" defense. It's garbage. He knew. There's no way he couldn't have known. And because of that, he now becomes not only one of the most overrated players in football, but a confirmed sick **** to boot.

Just dropping in to say Michael Vick is a POS whom hell is too good for. I wish he was out of the league.

Did anyone see that interview where he sais something like "people will always love Michael Vick." He really has no clue about the severity of the situation.

Did anyone see that interview where he sais something like "people will always love Michael Vick." He really has no clue about the severity of the situation.

I think he does, he just knows the cumquat DA Poindexter is going to sweep it under the rug for him. Did you read recently that AFTER the meeting with investigators he stated he hasn't seen any evidence dog fighting took place or that Vick was involved as he has "NO WITNESSES"? Funny I read quotes in the papers that investigators said exactly the OPPOSITE.

Vick deserves anything bad that happens to him at this point. With his cavilier attitude I hope the NFL suspendeds him for 2 seasons...hopefully the Feds take over from this crooked DA.

Its ridiculous when people say Pitbulls are terrible horrible dogs. Yes they can be a very aggressive breed but they can also be trained. I had a math tutor a few years ago and he had three dogs, one was a pitbull. I love dogs but knowing that it was a pitbull I was a tad bit nervous but no lie, the pitbull was one of the nicest dogs I have ever seen. It just went and licked you, wagging its tail...very happy and keep in mind I am a stranger to this dog. It was such a great dog...so much I would have loved to have it as my pet. I mean my small terrier is more aggressive than the pitbull.

Last edited:
He just wants to be like Lawrence Taylor and be there when "the last dog dies"

i couldnt help it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft