PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vick's pitbulls to die (because of owner neglect/irresponsiblity)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir, are a moron. Why should entire breeds and similar breeds be wiped out just because of ignorant people like you ?

Some of the nicest dogs I've ever been around have been Pitbulls, Dobermans, and Rottweillers. It all has to do with how the owners train their animals, not the breed of animal. Grizzly Bears are some of the most ferocious animals in the world, yet some of the work in movies for pete's sake, why ? Because how they were trained.

All dog breeds can be wonderful loving pets, great with children and other animals, IF trained correctly.

Just to educate you a little, You may be too young to remember, but Petey, from the Little Rascals was a Pit Bull. He was around children ALL the time, and there were never any negative incidents. It's not the breed, it's the owner/trainer.

Unfortunately, these dogs have to die because of their scumbag owner.

Thank You, Sir... Well said... I agree 100%...

I personally think it's a double standard when people throw their arms up in the air, irate over the brutality of dogfighting, then pop a fresh can of beers and watch a boxing match, cheering as two men (or women) bash their brains out for entertainment purposes. The truth is animals have no say whatsoever in what we make them do. Breeding out an animal's ability to adequately defend itself (teacup chihuaha?) is just as cruel as breeding it to be violent so it can fight in an arena.

That said, I'm glad there are laws against this sort of thing.

Re: Vick's pitbulls to die(because of owner neglect/irresponsiblity)

WRONG.... BIG TIME.... Washington State Police use ONLY pitbulls as their K9's....

http://www.lawdogsusa.org/home.html

I was thinking that I have heard of Pitbulls being used by the Police. I have a male Pitbull, and if you treat a Pitbull right they are just like any other dog (friendly). Most dogs that are abused will bite people, the only difference is that a Pitbull can do more damage than your average dog. Some people don't realize this but the reported cases of Pitbull related bites isn't close to the amount of bites reported that involved other dogs. It's just more common for the news to report on a pitbull biting because they have that label.

To restate that, when treated well Pitbulls are very good dogs who will love you to death, but if you abuse them and they bite someone it will likely be worse than the average dog bite.

My dog is over ten years old and still acts like a pup. He fallows me around, gets his dish when he's hungry, scratches his water dish when it needs to be filled, tells me when he wants to go out, loves to play tug of war, really likes having his stomach scratched, and he'll kiss you to death if you let him.

Last edited:
I personally think it's a double standard when people throw their arms up in the air, irate over the brutality of dogfighting, then pop a fresh can of beers and watch a boxing match, cheering as two men (or women) bash their brains out for entertainment purposes. The truth is animals have no say whatsoever in what we make them do. Breeding out an animal's ability to adequately defend itself (teacup chihuaha?) is just as cruel as breeding it to be violent so it can fight in an arena.

That said, I'm glad there are laws against this sort of thing.

Huh?

Boxing is an organized sport, participated in by two consenting, presumedly intelligent beings.
Dog fighting is an illegal activity that often leads to the death of one of the participants. AND, here is the big difference, the participants don't have a choice in the matter.
I really don't see the connection here.
You're trying to say boxing should be outlawed??

As to the person who said all pitbulls should be destroyed... thats just ignorant. Only the ones that are likely to attack people need be destroyed.
As far as Vick goes, it's a scummy thing to breed dogs for the purpose of fighting them and seeing em get killed. And the law says that it's illegal.
He deserves whatever punishment the law says he should get.

Last edited:
Danny Boy is pretty full of himself, as his screen name indicates. I think what he meant to say was:

All Pitbulls bred and trained to fight and the *******s who breed, own, or train them to fight should be destroyed.

I've been attacked twice while walking small dogs - once by a lovely looking female pointer (whose well meaning owners had rescued her because of agression issues) and another time by a bull mastiff (that was fun...watching his idiot overmatched owner try to beat him off us with a bat). It's not always the owners fault, but it's never the dogs fault. Crappy breeding, lack of socialization and training, abuse, overvaccination and even well intentioned out of their league animal lovers trying to save them...there are lots of reasons an animal goes bad. Once they do though for the most part it's time to do the right thing - like we should do with all sociopaths.

There are too many wonderful mixed breed dogs euthanized every day because there is no one to save them, often because folks are too busy romanticizing trying to save a purebred dog gone bad. Just like there are probably too many college football players who given half a chance could do a better job of representing a franchise or the league then some of the freak talents with **** for brains this league is so drawn to.

Last edited:

Yeah thanks for proving my point. If you notice the WA State Police use them for "NARCOTICS" dogs. Your link also site thier use as guard dogs. WHICH IS NOT A K9. In fact no where in your link does it do anyting but validate my statement so I'm not sure what your point is.

I'm on your side but don't try to be all smarmy when you are called on a fact you are wrong about. A K9 unit is a PATROL dog and Pitbulls ARE NOT used for this purpose. We have two of the K9 officers in the top ten in the world nationals this year so I think I know what I am speaking about while you are perusing web sites seeing if you can find something..meanwhile I work with them every day.

I was thinking that I have heard of Pitbulls being used by the Police. I have a male Pitbull, and if you treat a Pitbull right they are just like any other dog (friendly). Most dogs that are abused will bite people, the only difference is that a Pitbull can do more damage than your average dog. Some people don't realize this but the reported cases of Pitbull related bites isn't close to the amount of bites reported that involved other dogs. It's just more common for the news to report on a pitbull biting because they have that label.

To restate that, when treated well Pitbulls are very good dogs who will love you to death, but if you abuse them and they bite someone it will likely be worse than the average dog bite.

My dog is over ten years old and still acts like a pup. He fallows me around, gets his dish when he's hungry, scratches his water dish when it needs to be filled, tells me when he wants to go out, loves to play tug of war, really likes having his stomach scratched, and he'll kiss you to death if you let him.

They are used as Narcotics and Bomb sniffing dogs only, they are never used as K9's. This is for the same reason you will find some Bulldogs as Narc dogs as thier sense of smell is outstanding. Most PD's however will go with a Belgin or a German Shepard simply because they can be dual purpose dogs in many cases (Narc/Bomb) AND a K9 unit.

My buddy has a Pitbull that was obviously abused that he rescued. It was beat a lot but was not aggressive. IT is one of the nicest dogs I have ever seen now that he has her and treat her right...very obediant also.

Yeah thanks for proving my point. If you notice the WA State Police use them for "NARCOTICS" dogs. Your link also site thier use as guard dogs. WHICH IS NOT A K9. In fact no where in your link does it do anyting but validate my statement so I'm not sure what your point is.

I'm on your side but don't try to be all smarmy when you are called on a fact you are wrong about. A K9 unit is a PATROL dog and Pitbulls ARE NOT used for this purpose. We have two of the K9 officers in the top ten in the world nationals this year so I think I know what I am speaking about while you are perusing web sites seeing if you can find something..meanwhile I work with them every day.

It says it's a K9 dog right next to the picture.

It says it's a K9 dog right next to the picture.

K9 is being used in a general term. The original point by Remix was for police use and since they are "fighting" dogs (Vicks) I am quite sure he is not assuming the police could use them for bomb sniffing duties.

The quote is.."Trooper Gardner and K9 Brei, American pit bull, drug detection dog with the Washington State Patrol."

Again Pitbulls ARE NOT used as patrol dogs...sniffing dogs yes, but not for partol K9 duties. I work with K9's every day there is a difference even if the general public doesn't know it. They are used as NARC and BOMB dogs PERIOD... geese...heck they even use pot bellied pigs for Narc sniffing.

Since we were talking about Vick's dogs being used by Police departments and they were trained for "fighting" I pointed out to Remix that PD's could not use these pitbulls for K9's. Since it is apparent that the dogs have no obvious training in drug detection (except for his cousins drugs) it would be safe to assume that Remix thought the dogs might be used for a Patrol K9. Which I responded they COULD NOT.

AFPF said WA State uses ONLY Pitbulls as thier K9's which is INCORRECT, they ONLY use Pitbulls for thier Narc and Bomb duties but I happen to know they also have Belgins and Shepards for thier building searches and partol duties because we competed against them and they DID NOT bring any pitbulls. In fact AFPF's post after he said WA State ONLY uses Pitbulls (which is NOT TRUE) he pasted a link...and in that link was the following..."Please note: due to their inherent "people friendly" nature, we do NOT offer American pit bulls as "biting" (patrol) dogs" Hello can't be much clearer then that. I answered a posters question with fact...another poster in thier zeal to prop up the pitbull stated INCORRECT facts. The pitbulls in this story do not NEED defending...they are not on the bad side here, but I don't need to be called on when I state a fact that pitbulls are NOT Patrol dogs....sniffing dogs yes but not a K9 for a police officer. I answered a posters question with the RIGHT answer to his question. PERIOD.

Listen I'm a cop, I know what I am talking about. I am totally against Vick, but please don't try to tell me what police use or don't bcause I do the job. If I want a narc dog I don't ask for a "King unit" (K9) I ask for a narc dog. If I ask for a K9 I will get a building search dog that bites and it will NEVER BE a Pitbull period. They simply are not the breed for that type of duty which was my intial point which was disputed with well WA State uses them..yeah for Narc/bombs...so are pot belly pigs...are they a K9 unit? NO.

Last edited:
First of all, I would like to state that I believe this topic has no place being on this forum. I came here to read Pats new, not get pissed off because some ignorant **** said that my dogs should be destroyed, killed or whatever. Dannyboy, I really hope you're joking. You ever say that **** around someone who really cares about their dog and you'll find yourself in the hospital after you get the **** kicked out of you.

As far as Pits go, people just need to make themselves more aware of the actual history and contributions these dogs have made. Too many people see all of the negative headlines, and those ghetto ass rap videos, and movies showing the KILLER jaws dog. It's pathetic that people even buy into that ****. But then again, this counrty voted for Bush, so go figure. (sorry, had to throw it in there.)

http://www.dontbullymybreed.com/

You are a ignorant fool. Hopefully you do not have kids. They could grow up to be as dumb as you.
:rofl: Haven't read thru this thread in it's entirety but that's where I'm at. :rofl:

From my perspective it's like this. I love dogs. They're actually worthy on many levels. Having said that dog fighting does suck. I do understand the mentality. I'm not a media puppet. Au contraire. I have actually witnessed a dog fight or two and it IS absolutely inhumane. 1st you have to consider the reason why dogs are fighting. Then you have to consider the people who have an interest in why the the dogs are fighting. Therein lies the rub.

Cutting to the chase. The deal is this. If the authorities in th VA jurisdiction can tie MV to anything? He's done. Whether they can put him at the scene or tie him into knowledge of scene(s)?

The Falcons will have no choice but to let him go. What else can they do?

Poindexter is gonna sweep this under the rug....

"CHESAPEAKE, Va. -- The prosecutor investigating whether property owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was part of a dog fighting operation said Wednesday he still doesn't have solid evidence linking Vick to dog fighting.

"I know everybody is saying, 'When are those fools in Surry County going to get up off their butts and do something?"' Poindexter told The Virginian-Pilot of Norfolk on Wednesday. "But what are we going to do?"

Poindexter said there are no eyewitnesses who say they saw dog fighting at the home where 66 dogs were seized along with equipment that could be associated with dog fighting."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2881001

Funny I read several times where investigators said exactly the opposite. They stated they HAD eyewitnesses of dog fighting AND Vick being present. Didn't someone buy the house for less than half price???? HHHmm who could that be? I knew this would happen when I saw the video of this cumquat when the local news confronted him stonewalling the investigation. Aren't the Feds involved yet?

Last edited:
Huh?

Boxing is an organized sport, participated in by two consenting, presumedly intelligent beings.
Dog fighting is an illegal activity that often leads to the death of one of the participants. AND, here is the big difference, the participants don't have a choice in the matter.
I really don't see the connection here.
You're trying to say boxing should be outlawed??

I'm saying that we already live in a society that nurtures the popularity of violent sports, even if the participants volunteer for it. Also, when have domesticated animals had any say whatsoever? We keep them because they suit us, and when we're tired of them, we abandon them. If people were really serious about preventing animal cruelty, we would screen prospective pet owners like we screen prospective gun buyers.

What I'm saying is that, with the recklessness with which pet ownership is handled, combined with the human fascination with violent sports, it's only natural that, eventually, those two worlds would meet.

If people were really serious about preventing animal cruelty, we would screen prospective pet owners like we screen prospective gun buyers.

Good shelters do. I had to fill out tons of paperwork, and they called the people I put down as references. They even reserved the right to come out and inspect my property. I've bought cars more easily, and I didn't mind one bit. I would never, under any circumstances, buy an animal from a pet store. Don't even get me started on those.

Here's the deal with pits: they're a naturally aggressive dog. It's what they were bred for. Having said that, pits are great dogs under the care of the right owners. Unfortuately, pits and Rotties tend to attract idiot owners at a far greater rate than other breeds.

Poindexter is gonna sweep this under the rug....

"CHESAPEAKE, Va. -- The prosecutor investigating whether property owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was part of a dog fighting operation said Wednesday he still doesn't have solid evidence linking Vick to dog fighting.

"I know everybody is saying, 'When are those fools in Surry County going to get up off their butts and do something?"' Poindexter told The Virginian-Pilot of Norfolk on Wednesday. "But what are we going to do?"

Poindexter said there are no eyewitnesses who say they saw dog fighting at the home where 66 dogs were seized along with equipment that could be associated with dog fighting."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2881001

Funny I read several times where investigators said exactly the opposite. They stated they HAD eyewitnesses of dog fighting AND Vick being present. Didn't someone buy the house for less than half price???? HHHmm who could that be? I knew this would happen when I saw the video of this cumquat when the local news confronted him stonewalling the investigation. Aren't the Feds involved yet?

Cumquat nails it. Since when is overwhelming circumstantial evidence not probably cause to proceed with an arrest or indictment? Do they ever arrest anyone in that one horse county? In criminal cases eye witness testimony is often found to be the most unreliable evidence of all. Paper trails on the other hand... This isn't about whether or not Michael was in attendance on fight nights. It's about whether or not he was underwriting the operation.

The feds sent someone to sit in on the Monday meeting. It's likely they are fence sitting to see what develops locally first. Their interest in Michael would be primarily to flip him to save his own sorry ass to bust a larger organized ring he would have connections to.

Cumquat nails it. Since when is overwhelming circumstantial evidence not probably cause to proceed with an arrest or indictment? Do they ever arrest anyone in that one horse county? In criminal cases eye witness testimony is often found to be the most unreliable evidence of all. Paper trails on the other hand... This isn't about whether or not Michael was in attendance on fight nights. It's about whether or not he was underwriting the operation.

The feds sent someone to sit in on the Monday meeting. It's likely they are fence sitting to see what develops locally first. Their interest in Michael would be primarily to flip him to save his own sorry ass to bust a larger organized ring he would have connections to.

Exactly,in fact they're calling Vick's alleged operation just the tip of the iceberg to an entire underground dogfighting ring within the NFL itself.
Of course Portis' remarks simply served to bolster this line of thinking.
FWIW,Goodell came out and hammered Portis for those remarks.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/falcons/2007-05-23-vick-update_N.htm

Last edited:
You sir, are a moron. Why should entire breeds and similar breeds be wiped out just because of ignorant people like you ?

Oh, I dont know....maybe because they eat babies? Is that reason enough? I think so.

Give em all a needle.

You are a ignorant fool. Hopefully you do not have kids. They could grow up to be as dumb as you.

I do have kids..and I tell them to stay far away from Pit bulls.

Pit Bulls are like jungle animals, they shouldnt be in a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back