PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vick : Eagles could become a dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try first to be the best NFL team of the 2 in the state of PA first :cool:

With the spending that they did the past 2 years I just don't see it. By the time they finally put up a good team (or two) players will start getting cut due to cap space. They can forget about signing any depth. The Jets made the same mistake in Mangina's last year and they've been paying for it ever since.

not 5, not 6...

Yo Vick, my man. Just beat your division rival Jints twice and keep the Brady kriptonite team out of the post season. OK?

And I have a chance to get with Jessica Alba, I'm sporting wood but I just can't find her.

you guys got it all wrong...what Vick said was, as he was talking up his O line..."we got a lot of hungry hogs on the O line this season....I think we may need to have a diner sty set up the next five years where these slobs can root around in the muck for grubs and such..."....

Vick is an incredible story, at least with regards to the NFL. Three years ago, he was living in prison, wondering if his athlete career was over. Now he's a starting QB in the NFL, with 40 million sitting on his shoulders. I personally never thougt I would ever see Vick again. But he's a big player for a prominent franchise... it's a crazy story now matter how you present it.

Might try for a winning season in that transition to dynastiness.

hey...wait....don't you need a franchise quarterback to lead a "dynasty"???

where are they getting the franchise QB from??

LOL @ Vick. Don't the Eagles have to win at least one championship first before they can start talking dynasty? Heck they are gonna have a tough time taking the division from the Giants. The Cowboys are no slouches either. The Redskins might have a new look with RG3 at the helm. Eagles division is gonna be a tough one to take!

I think you have to cut Vick a break here.

You guys have to remember to separate the HEADLINE from the QUOTE.

Headline: (written by ESPN to drive hits and stoke up controversy)
"Michael Vick sees Eagles dynasty"

Quote: "I think we have a chance to be that. I think we have a chance to develop a dynasty."

Exactly how many prevarications are in that short quote: "chance" twice and "to develop". And he goes on further:

""I think just getting to the postseason right now is our focus," he told Comcast SportsNet. "The Super Bowl is going to come if it's meant to happen. Some of the best teams have some of the best luck. Maybe we'll have some of that."

"if its meant to happen" "maybe we'll have some [luck]"

This is no where close to saying "this is the Dream Team" [V Young]. Admittedly, it is kind of silly to even utter the words dynasty if you havent won a game in the season yet, let alone won a playoff game or your 1st SB (the real first time you can start even thinking dynasty). But he put enough qualifications on it throughout all the pull quotes (and who knows what was left on the floor); that it is clear (to me anyway) he is just trying to be an leader to the team to tug at their emotions and sense of achievement by giving them a LONG TERM GOAL to get them focused on the now. - I dont see a lot to criticize when viewed that way.

BL: It is off season and mid-baseball season and ESPN needs hits to maintain advertising rates. they are just trying to create controversies where there aren't.

I don't waste my time clicking E!SPN links. The idiots who did and fell for it should feel ashamed.

I do, and I have the excuse of only reading what is posted. I should have still smelt E!SPN "journalism" but you guys not even reading the article...

I don't waste my time clicking E!SPN links. The idiots who did and fell for it should feel ashamed.

I do, and I have the excuse of only reading what is posted. I should have still smelt E!SPN "journalism" but you guys not even reading the article...

Would you prefer a different site reporting on the same story? Since the story originated from CSNPhilly.

Vick sees potential dynasty with Eagles

Vick sees a potential dynasty in Philly | ProFootballTalk

Comparing his team to the Cowboys,Niners and Packers and saying that they could develop a dynasty really doesn't leave a lot to interpret here,sherlock.

I'm tired hearing about the Eagles, they get talked up every offseason and under-perform the next ... you don't build a dynasty with a 'running QB'.

As a general rule of thumb, it's probably best to win one title before you start the dynasty discussion.

Dynasty? Down, boy.

The Eagles have a very good football team but so do the other three teams in their division. The Giants and Cowboys are always tough, and I think this is the year that the Redskins compete for a playoff spot with the team that Shanahan has built. He's gotten rid of a lot of the big contract anchors that he inherited and built a good young team. The offensice line is solid and RG3 has the goods to lead that team.

They also get the Steelers, Ravens, Lions and Falcons this year. The Eagles have their hands full just making the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back