PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ventrone as our new fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to wait to see if you were serious.

I hereby nominate the post below as one of the worst analyses of the year. To be clear, I bet that Ventrone doesn't block as well as Heath Evans.

Drop the Heath Evans Kool aid man, he's horrible............He's half decent on ST, but that's where it ends. What has the guy done for LM ? Have you even seen him open up a hole ?

I bet you're one of those guys that gets all excited when they bring in Heath and tell the whole world what they're going to do and he gets blown up by an ILB for LM's one yard gain.

Look, I'm not crazy enough to think that BB would cut Heath and convert RV to fullback, I'm just throwing stuff out there to try to be creative to see where he could get on this roster, that's all.
I think he's played well enough to earn a 53 roster spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why couldn't he play fullback?, BB is the perfect guy to take a guy like this and turn him into a fullback, I bet he can block every bit as good as Heath Evans with much better hands and a legitimate threat in the flat. I'm kind of sick of those wasted Heath Evans 1 yard in a cloud of dust fullback off tackle calls as well has Heath getting blown up by LB's that stare at LM as soon as he gets the handoff, kind of sick of it.

Evans had 36 total touches last season, or about 2 per game and at 250 pounds he has a 50 pound advantage on Ventrone.

In assessing a fullback why are you not only looking at the least important aspects of the job, but are also willing to accept a step back in the most important part?

Drop the Heath Evans Kool aid man, he's horrible............He's half decent on ST, but that's where it ends. What has the guy done for LM ? Have you even seen him open up a hole ?

I bet you're one of those guys that gets all excited when they bring in Heath and tell the whole world what they're going to do and he gets blown up by an ILB for LM's one yard gain.

You should just cut and run before you make it even more apparent you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You should just cut and run before you make it even more apparent you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You didn't read my whole response did you ?

Wow, this thread's a real winner.

Maroney only carried the ball 14 times en route to his 156 yards, and average of 11.1 yards per carry. His career high didn’t end there. In a span of less than five minutes in the first half, Maroney recorded the two longest runs of his career, carries of 51 and 59 yards. “I can’t take credit for those plays because the O-line and Heath Evans did such a good job blocking that anyone could have run through that,” Maroney said. “All I had to do [was] show some speed and make sure not to get caught. I didn’t have to make too many moves or run through anyone because it was that open, so all I had to do was run to the end zone.”

From: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_patsside24_12-24-07_7D8CC3Q_v7.26211c7.html

I'm gonna go ahead and guess he'd have this to say about several games. AND that he has a better idea of what Evans is worth than most of us do.
Just cuz you say he sucks loudly doesn't make it true. :cool:

Grab on to a big ol' bowl of factoids:http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=31576

Last edited:

Look, I'm not crazy enough to think that BB would cut Heath and convert RV to fullback, I'm just throwing stuff out there to try to be creative to see where he could get on this roster, that's all.
Do you watch the same Heath Evans that I've seen? Evans is one of the better fullbacks in the NFL--I dare say in the top ten. Yes, I've seen him open up a hole for LM on multiple occasions-- in virtually every game. LM's biggest problem wasn't Heath, it was that the o-line was so used to pass-blocking last year that their run-blocking skills deteriorated significantly.

I specifically remember Evans blowing up a Dolphins linebacker, after which Maroney made about a sixty yard run for a touchdown last year. Evans is also a good receiver for a fullback, has good speed for a fullback, and he can pound it in at the goal line as a running back.

Ventrone is way too small. Sorry, but fullback is definitely one of those positions where size really matters. You need to be as big as a tight end or bigger, and Ventrone does not fit the bill.

Anyway, this thread is beating a dead horse. I'm not coming back.

He actually opened holes up for the 2006 version of Corey Dillon before he'd get winded 50 yards downfield and run out of bounds.

Last edited:
He actually opened holes up for the 2006 version of Corey Dillon before he'd get winded 50 yards downfield and run out of bounds.

Murphys--great point, but remember: QUOTE tags are your friend. :)

Last edited:
Murphys--great point, but remember: QUOTE tags are your friend. :)

Wow, I hit quote AS you changed your post. That's amazing.

Heath Evans FTW. :rocker:

Why not, this kid would give you alot more than Evans would and that's how we find a roster spot for this kid.

I have read many of your posts and rolled my eyes or chuckled without responding, but really, some of your posts are bizarre.

if your going to be serious about converting a player to fullback, it only really occurs with former rb's -- not wr's.

BTM, I'm really beginning to think your only football knowledge comes from Madden, where the only important role of the full back is catch swing passes that go straight ahead for 70 yard TDs.

I'd list all the reasons why this idea is terrible / Evans is a good FB, but really, it's been stated over and over in this thread already.

I like Ventrone,but not if keeping him means losing Evans....

Evans is a BB favorite, he won't be replaced anytime soon.

:banned:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye