PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update on Matt Corral

you do not have to agree, and yes, the team can and will keep him on the exempt list.
that said, the team needs a back up QB, and I do not believe that will be Corral.
Pats should find out who the Jets want and sign him lol.

Corral will rightly be given every chance with the Patriots as clearly BoB thinks Zappe stinks.

If this episode is truly due to depression and was serious enough for him to leave the team without telling anyone on Pats right before game 1 of season

I truly hope he takes off for this season and gets the help he needs. Coming back too soon as a qb in the the 2023 NFL seems like a bad environment for him and probably not the best place for him.

that decision will be based on his ability

not this incident.
I would assume he does not take the field this year
maybe next year he is back for a try out.

If this episode is truly due to depression and was serious enough for him to leave the team without telling anyone on Pats right before game 1 of season

I truly hope he takes off for this season and gets the help he needs. Coming back too soon as a qb in the the 2023 NFL seems like a bad environment for him and probably not the best place for him.
I'd be fine with that. But I hope the Pats keep his rights. Talent is talent and depression is a illness that can come and go just like cold, (with proper care and medication.....just like a cold) Can't have too many arms. Treat him correctly and he'll come back itching to pay you back for your compassion......or not.

I'd be fine with that. But I hope the Pats keep his rights. Talent is talent and depression is a illness that can come and go just like cold, (with proper care and medication.....just like a cold) Can't have too many arms. Treat him correctly and he'll come back itching to pay you back for your compassion......or not.
I would like to keep him in the fold as well... but I do think if he asks to be released, he will be cut loose

I would like to keep him in the fold as well... but I do think if he asks to be released, he will be cut loose
as it stands now, he is getting paid. if he asks for, and is granted his release, he will not get paid.
is the thinking there is a market for him right now?

Amongst other things.
The voices in your head are lying to you.

You can just look at the Pat’s roster on their website to see who their backup is. You don’t have to make stuff up.

Pats should find out who the Jets want and sign him lol.
Would the Rats have claimed Zappe if the Pats had cut him after Rodgers’ injury?

as it stands now, he is getting paid. if he asks for, and is granted his release, he will not get paid.
is the thinking there is a market for him right now?
Is he getting paid? I don't have the energy to scan thru the cba to check that... I'm not saying he has asked, but only if he does...

Depression is a funny thing, not to be facetious... every one copes differently...

Excuse my insensitivity.
Here's QB School's most recent analysis...major accuracy issues and poor foot placement.

I think they would. He could theoretically stay on the "Exempt" list all season and then revert to the 90 man roster in 2024 by default. I wonder if he actually wouldn't even get this year credited towards his contract since he wouldn't have played or been active at all and wasn't on IR. The deal might toll an extra year like the COVID exempt deals did. I'm just theorizing.

Corral will rightly be given every chance with the Patriots as clearly BoB thinks Zappe stinks.
Then why is Zappe still on the roster?

# 2 QB is a pretty big deal.

it is understandable why the Pats remain tight lipped.
but one would think the agent or family would release a statement to the effect of "thank you for your concern. Matt is doing ok, but working thru some personnel issues and we request you respect his privacy"

I do think it is clear Matt is done for the season, and hope that he can come back next year and compete for a spot. I wish him well, but the team needs to move forward with out him

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back