PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update on Matt Corral

I hope he is doing ok as well. with out knowing any details, at the end of the day, Corral does not seem to be the guy to be the teams back up QB. walking out like that, if that is what actually happened, is unfortunate, but not tolerable in the NFL regardless of the situation.

I think the Pats see potential with him.
His skill set if fully realized is Jordan Love like.

I guess hes had some episodes with depression and anxiety. Hope hes getting the support he needs.

I think the Pats see potential with him.
His skill set if fully realized is Jordan Love like.

This combo is what's keeping him on the screen as a potential member of the Pats, while also putting it in doubt. The Panthers undoubtedly knew about this as well.

I hope he is doing ok as well. with out knowing any details, at the end of the day, Corral does not seem to be the guy to be the teams back up QB. walking out like that, if that is what actually happened, is unfortunate, but not tolerable in the NFL regardless of the situation.
I think mostly everyone hopes he is doing well but I disagree that if what truly happened was he had a breakdown or a mental health episode than he doesn't belong as the teams backup qb or in the NFL. They should work with him to get whatever help he needs and when he is ready to play again, remove him from the list and evaluate him based off of his talents. Everyone is assuming that is what happened though. It's the most probably thing based on the information we all have but maybe he just isn't into cold weather? Who knows.

Kyle Brady left the team mid season in 2007 and didn't get cut.

disagree... its tolerable and the teams will support players that need help.

So many things about having a serious chronic depression don't go well with being an NFL QB. Can't even begin to list them.

This combo is what's keeping him on the screen as a potential member of the Pats, while also putting it in doubt. The Panthers undoubtedly knew about this as well.

Undoubtedly since it is all over the Interwebs. Just Google Corrall and depression.

disagree... its tolerable and the teams will support players that need help.
whoa. I never said do not help him. the team, the league should 1000% help him. but to play in the league a player #1 has to be dependable and show up day in and day out. for the foreseeable future, imo, that is not Corrall.

Didn't know Dak Prescott went through depression. I'm sure there are a lot of players who have gone through it

This will keep Zappe on the edge of his seat.
Wonder if we hear it was something excusable, what are the chances they sign him back at some point this year?

whoa. I never said do not help him. the team, the league should 1000% help him. but to play in the league a player #1 has to be dependable and show up day in and day out. for the foreseeable future, imo, that is not Corrall.
I disagree with your statement that its not "tolerable". Whether Corral is here or not in the future is irrelevant.

Any decision to be made will be made after the dust has settled... It does not impact this team in any way to keep him on the roster with his current designation... I think the Patriots are keenly aware of the mental health of their players, and are willing to go the extra mile to support them... The NFL has a program called Total Wellness thats designed to help people in need of psych counseling... There have been a lot of big name players who have talked about this directly - Dak Prescott, Lane Johnson, Hayden Hurst among others... These are guys who have all stepped away for a bit to deal with mental health issues and returned...

NFL Player health & Safety ↧

Last edited:
I doubt we will find out for a long time what the reason is, if we ever do, but hopefully everything is okay and hopefully he comes back to the team relatively soon.

This will keep Zappe on the edge of his seat.
Wonder if we hear it was something excusable, what are the chances they sign him back at some point this year?
He isn't unsigned. They didn't cut him, he's on the exempt list.

I disagree with your statement that its not "tolerable". Whether Corral is here or not in the future is irrelevant.

Any decision to be made will be made after the dust has settled... It does not impact this team in any way to keep him on the roster with his current designation... I think the Patriots are keenly aware of the mental health of their players, and are willing to go the extra mile to support them... The NFL has a program called Total Wellness thats designed to help people in need of psych counseling... There have been a lot of big name players who have talked about this directly - Dak Prescott, Land Johnson, Hayden Hurst among others... These are guys who have all stepped away for a bit to deal with mental health issues and returned...

NFL Player health & Safety ↧
you do not have to agree, and yes, the team can and will keep him on the exempt list.
that said, the team needs a back up QB, and I do not believe that will be Corral.

I hope he gets his head right an rejoins the team via the practice squad.

you do not have to agree, and yes, the team can and will keep him on the exempt list.
that said, the team needs a back up QB, and I do not believe that will be Corral.
that decision will be based on his ability

not this incident.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3