PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update from Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
We out number ATL fans by around 10-1 by my guess....it's not even close..driving down from Dallas today...Pats fans. My entire flight..Pats fans...all around this massive city..i see Pats flags.

I'm surprised. Truly.

But again, people don't understand. Our hatred of the NFL, the Poison Ginger, and their toadies makes every Super Bowl a must win. It's a true "**** em all" feeling that no one outside New England and New Orleans can understand.

Nobody circles the wagons...

Like PATS NATION!

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
We out number ATL fans by around 10-1 by my guess....it's not even close..driving down from Dallas today...Pats fans. My entire flight..Pats fans...all around this massive city..i see Pats flags.

Good to hear BTM. I believe there's a mental aspect for the team to hear vocal support during the game.

I will tell you from my own neighborhood's two separate SB parties, if you are not a Patriots fan then it appears the rest are watching the SB for the explicit reason to see the Patriots lose (no Falcons' fans in my Tampa neighborhood - 4 Patriot fans). It's the understandable Yankees syndrome ("the Patriots win again? Urgh I hate them").

I'd expect many at the game who aren't explicitly a Patriot fan to be actively rooting against the Patriots. However, I'd bet (or hoping) the Patriot fans will be more enthusiastically vocal. And if the Patriots win I'm hoping Goodell's name being announced and his nauseating face flashing on the screen at the trophy ceremony sees the reaction of the crowd hitting a sufficient decibel for every TV viewer to hear.

Integrity! :)

Did you end up with tickets or nah

Landed in Dallas about 2 hours ago and my flight had about 10 pats fans (out of DC). We got on the shuttle to the rental car facility and there were a few more pats fans and 2 falcons fans. I'll take that ratio in NRG in 20 hours :)

Yeah, I'm hearing from a friend in Houston that there are a lot of Pats fans around. Only one large Falcons family spotted the last few days.

Been here since Friday, there is a decent amount of falcons fans, especially at NFL experience today, but as the day went by, it seen that more patriots fans are showing up, went to the stadium this morning to do check it out, I like the set-up they had in Arizona compare to NRG, but it looks okay, will see how inside security looks like tomorrow. Good luck for people looking for tickets, but I don't see the prices dropping too much, the last minute demand is too high right now.

Letter from Houston: Where are all the Falcons fans?

".....As of Saturday night — and I’m typing this at 9am on Sunday morning — the Patriots fans were outnumbering their rivals by 10 to one.

Things were so bad that reports emerged early yesterday afternoon that a Falcons pep rally in Houston was being cancelled because of lack of fans. However, it did go ahead with a couple of thousand people in attendance but was on a much smaller scale than the one New England held hours earlier...."

Last edited:
Then there's no excuse for the crowd making it hard for Ryan to audible and get the snap off. Huge advantage that's been the other way for him against Seattle and GB and given their pass rush a boost which may or may not be negated since most fans who don't normally root for either team will root for Atlanta (NFCS perhaps the exception).

I do think it is official at this point, folks.

Tonight will be the first Super Bowl ever where the Patriots will have home crowd advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back