PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update for Ian - Website Still Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Not trying to complain but to give an update - site is still grindingly slow even on my cable service.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Not trying to complain but to give an update - site is still grindingly slow even on my cable service.

I was still at click and wait literally 20+ seconds for page to open yesterday. But, starting last night I started getting pages to open in about 5 seconds. So it is improving.

Michael said:
I was still at click and wait literally 20+ seconds for page to open yesterday. But, starting last night I started getting pages to open in about 5 seconds. So it is improving.
Same for me. In absolute terms it's still slow. In relative terms it's screaming fast :)

Brady'sButtBoy said:
You just did.

I see some progress WRT time to get another thread or message up on the screen.

It's way ahead of what it was even early evening yesterday.

However, looking at the thead topics, I won't mind it slowing down again. The sky is falling and gloom & doom crowd is out in force.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
It's way ahead of what it was even early evening yesterday.

However, looking at the thead topics, I won't mind it slowing down again. The sky is falling and gloom & doom crowd is out in force.

It seems that when there is a lot of volume it slows down considerably, maybe some of the gloom and doom folks will move on to Pats Planet or somewhere else. One can hope

After further investigation I've just ordered to have our account upgraded, which will require data migration (again :mad:) The amount of traffic we get this account can't handle, so we'll be moving to a dedicated server. I'll probably have it done Friday night, so that by Sunday morning the DNS change is complete and things are back up to speed.

Ian

Brady'sButtBoy said:

ditto. i've stopped hitting the site as often because of it...

GJAJ15 said:
It seems that when there is a lot of volume it slows down considerably, maybe some of the gloom and doom folks will move on to Pats Planet or somewhere else. One can hope

They will get killed at the Planet. Not only are they on the dark side, but they are very sensitive.

Last edited:
Ian said:
After further investigation I've just ordered to have our account upgraded, which will require data migration (again :mad:) The amount of traffic we get this account can't handle, so we'll be moving to a dedicated server. I'll probably have it done Friday night, so that by Sunday morning the DNS change is complete and things are back up to speed.

Ian

Ian: Thanks.

Ian said:

Ian

Thanks for the update and for all your effort.

Too bad they will not let you take the IP address with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft