PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unused AFC Championship Game Refund????

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCB02062

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Unbeknown to me, my brother did not renew our season tickets. After 19 or 20 years, I'm not longer a ticket holder. I was mildly pissed off, but somewhat relieved because it was becoming a chore with a growing family to spend all Sunday in Foxboro.
At any rate, in mid December we paid Krafty Bob for the divisional playoff game AND the AFC CHampionship game. In prior years, we would just have unused playoff ticket $ applied to the following season as a credit. But, since we didn't renew, OUR MONEY is just sitting in his bank account somewhere. Several calls to the ticket office were left with responses of "we haven't issued refunds yet." Really, glad to see you azzholes are on top of the situation taking care of other people's money for us.
My tickets cost $220 for the two games after taxes/fees, etc., and since the Championship game is more than the Divisional, I figure Bob and Jonathan are sitting on about $120 of my money. They've had this $ since December and have known since mid January that they weren't playing a second playoff game. They were informed sometime in February that we weren't renewing. Basically he's been sitting on our money for three months.
Has anyone else who didn't renew get their $ back? Can anyone in here offer any explanation to this? The Patriots' organization certainly isn't helping...Here's another example of how Krafty Bob DOES NOT CARE ONE IOTA ABOUT THE FANS....

I now hope that krafty bob and his azzhole employees sit on your refund 'til hell freezes over...self absorbed whiner threads just have that effect on me.

I now hope that krafty bob and his azzhole employees sit on your refund 'til hell freezes over...self absorbed whiner threads just have that effect on me.

Classy....

I'm over it... :rolleyes:

I don't know, maybe you're independently wealthy and money's not an issue for you, BUT $120 is ALOT of $ to ALOT of people, and when it's yours and you're "not allowed" to have it, it smacks of a problem....

I don't know, maybe you're independently wealthy and money's not an issue for you, BUT $120 is ALOT of $ to ALOT of people, and when it's yours and you're "not allowed" to have it, it smacks of a problem....

You do realise that Kraft probably doesn't read this forum, so you might aswell keep trying to contact them!

I don't think anyone's arguing that you're not entitled to the refund, and I'd agree that you should have received it by now.

I think you just take it way overboard, calling them ***holes and saying Kraft doesn't care one iota about the fans.

I understand you're upset, and I'm not saying you don't have a right to be upset. But that doesn't justify calling people obscenities and making up random BS.

You should review the written refund policy you agreed to and see if it has been violated.

You should review the written refund policy you agreed to and see if it has been violated.

It is very vague, and offers no timeline as to when you will receive your dough...

It is very vague, and offers no timeline as to when you will receive your dough...
So you knew that going in.
Not trying to give you a hard time, but do you really think its appropriate to lambast the organization for something you accepted when you bought the tickets? The refund policy is part of agreement to purchase, especially a game that isn't guaranteed to happen.

Contact the Better Business Bureau through their website and file your complaint. They will contact the Patriots and request a response/resolution. Use language like "hardship" and "excessive." Don't expect a resolution, but at least you will receive an "on record" response from the team that can be used later.

Contact the Attorney General's office in Massachusetts and file a similar complaint.

Then you go nuclear. Contact the Patriot haters in the press/media. Frame this complaint in terms of "Patriots refuse to refund tens of millions from unplayed playoff games." A Ron Borges type may take the ball.

And here is an interesting way to get your point out....Use the comments section on ProFootballTalk to your advantage. This forum has become the battlefield between NFLPA members and Ownership. The NFL community has been going back and forth there.

I don't know how long that you were a season ticket holder. If you have been one for the past 11 years then you have nothing to complain about on a Patriots fan site.

So, if you feel that you should get your $120 back you should take it up with the team. By calling the Kraft's names you are not scoring many points here.

Now if you had tickets during the Sullivan/Kiam era's, you may be right in saying what you did.

So you knew that going in.
Not trying to give you a hard time, but do you really think its appropriate to lambast the organization for something you accepted when you bought the tickets? The refund policy is part of agreement to purchase, especially a game that isn't guaranteed to happen.

If no time line is given, then why should he accept a vague policy. At some point, the law will distiguish between a refund situation and an interest free loan.

Last edited:
If no time line is given, then why should he accept a vague policy. At some point, the law will distiguish between a refund situation and an interest free loan.

Borg - He's been a season ticket holder longer than the Krafts have owned the team. When he purchased those season tickets, he agreed to the terms and conditions of being a season ticket holder. The vague policy with no timeline for refunds is a part of that policy. What you fail to acknowledge is that there have been plenty of times since the Krafts took ownership that the Pats have had to issue refunds for play-off tickets. So, why is he complaining now?

To me, it seems like it's just a matter of inconvenience and he's trying to belittle the Pats and the owners of the league.

FCB - how long did it take you to get your refund after the 2009/2010 season? How about after the 2006/2007 season? How about after the 2005/2006 season?

Did you complain after those seasons?? If you didn't complain then, than I have no sympathy now for you.

FCB - how long did it take you to get your refund after the 2009/2010 season? How about after the 2006/2007 season? How about after the 2005/2006 season?

Did you complain after those seasons?? If you didn't complain then, than I have no sympathy now for you.

Actually DB, he covers that in his original comment saying that when he was a season ticket holder the refunds were just applied to his next year's tickets. It became an issue THIS year, because they aren't keeping the seats.

That being said, I found his comments to be whinny and his condemnation to be over the top and in appropriate. Yes, he deserves the money, and yes the Pats should have gotten it back to him by now. However he should understand that 99% of the "refunds" are being made by applying them to next year's bill for those who kept their seats. Picking out the few who actually need cash back is what is probably holding it up.

I think by vague he means it doesnt say what he wants it to.

I think by vague he means it doesnt say what he wants it to.

If the U.S. Govt waited 4 months to pay your tax refund, everyone would be upset. If any store waited 4 months to issue a credit or refund on a return, everyone would be upset. But the precious Patriots, let's give them the benefit of the doubt. I love the homerism...."Interest free loan....no problem."

As far as the wording on the agreement, I suspect it says something like, "In a timely fashion." Clearly, Kraft is working the float. Holding $10 mill for an extra 6 months gains him tens of thousands if not more. It's good business if you can get away with it.

When exactly was the deadline to decide on whether or not to renew tickets? Since the money for the tickets from those playoff games is applied to the following season tickets (something I believe all 32 teams do, by the way), that is the important date. The fact it was determined that those games were never going to be played four months ago is irrelevant.

Another factor that may be coming into play is the lockout, and its effect on fans hesitating to renew their season tickets. Although there may indeed have been a deadline to renew, perhaps teams such as the Patriots are silently keeping those tickets available to season ticket holders that are hesitant to renew because of the lockout and no new CBA. Does anybody know of anyone that was on the waiting list that has been offered season tickets by the Patriots? The team may be thinking from a public relationship standpoint that it would be a blunder to take tickets away from season ticket holders, considering the circumstances of the lockout and the uncertainty of if and when football will be played in the fall.

If you and your brother are absolutely sure that you do not want to renew, even if the two sides were to agree to a new deal tomorrow, then here is my suggestion: Write a letter to the Patriots stating that you have decided not to renew and that they can make those seats available to someone else. Explain that you had prepaid for those two playoff games, and include any supporting evidence such as a receipt, photocopy of the tickets, credit card transaction number, etc., and ask for a refund. Give the team the option of mailing a check or reversing charges on the credit card. Include your address and phone number if they have any questions. Send the letter by certified mail with return receipt.

That should be slightly more effective than complaining about it here.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd be more pissed about my brother not renewing ST without telling me.....maybe that's just me though?

Oh, it really helps if you dont b!tch and moan when trying to get help from us....to the Pats, sure let em have it. To a forum, no.

If I were you, I'd be more pissed about my brother not renewing ST without telling me.....maybe that's just me though?

Oh, it really helps if you dont b!tch and moan when trying to get help from us....to the Pats, sure let em have it. To a forum, no.

Should read the mans statement before saying he should be more pissed about st. I don't get all the bashing from you people to this guy. He asked a simple question and all you blowhards come storming in like he threatened to kill the krafts. He is pissed and rightfully so. He asked if anyone got there money back not how many dbags can respond to his post. You don't know if he needs the money or what. I am sure he will be supporting his pats in the upcoming season and beyond but for you people to storm in here like you are krafts savior please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3