PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unsung Hero vs Saints - Devin McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy who wasn't called
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1934ho6u6aef8jpg/ku-medium.jpg
Or a ref pict might be more appropriate

Imagine losing your 19-0 perfect season on one of these, and it occurring in multiple instances on the same once in a lifetime miracle play where the ref admitted to "starting to blow the whistle" due to the defense having sacked the QB in the grasp anyway...

I understand that you may be feeling a bit down, but you've got to give credit to the defense which clearly handled the majority of the game. Had Talib (and Mayo..and Amendola) not gone down, they game probably wouldn't have even been as close as it was. The Pats were well prepared and deserved to win the game. They battled through a lot of challenges today and really gutted it out.

On another note, I find today's ref, Tony Corrente to be my favorite ref out of any of them. I think he is very impartial and calls things fairly on both sides. More importantly he allows the teams to play a lot (IMO), which is refreshing to see anymore.

That was perfectly consistent with how they were calling it the rest of the game. They weren't calling those hooks as penalties. It happened on both sides.

Yeah, uncalled holding is epidemic, and consistency is all you can ask for.

The Patriots did catch a break or two from the officials, particularly the 4th down false start. (Though that's the kind of tiny-fraction-of-a-second decision that comes down to chance in real time.) But the Saints had plenty of chances to win the game with a single first down. They just couldn't pull it out.

I can't blame Pherein for stomping around blaming the refs, though -- we've all done it after a close, gut-wrenching loss. Because EVERY game has a couple of borderline calls and non-calls, and in a close, gut-wrenching loss they're always enough to tip the balance.

Stephen Gostkowski sometimes makes me feels like he is the best player in the team.

a hold??...yeah..saw that...hey, now that I think of it...you ever see THIS???

The REAL MVP of Super Bowl 42 - YouTube

now THAT is organized holding right there, bunky...yet...no flag....FOUR blatant holds, two choke holds and grabs from behind...nada...feces happens

That was perfectly consistent with how they were calling it the rest of the game. They weren't calling those hooks as penalties. It happened on both sides.

Sciz really dont know where your head is at, thats not a hook in any sense of the word, its a patriots OL choking one of our DL. Its blatant , its obvious, and it wasnt happening on both sides. No idea why the refs where not calling these.
patriotway.gif

you were just never called for it. Very sad. ID like to see picts of what your talking about. Ill try to post the bad call for where you should have had encroachment, and the personal foul for a legal hit when i get time, ok. Its going to be pretty easy.

Sciz really dont know where your head is at, thats not a hook in any sense of the word, its a patriots OL choking one of our DL. Its blatant , its obvious, and it wasnt happening on both sides. No idea why the refs where not calling these.
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3384233/patriotway.gif

you were just never called for it. Very sad. ID like to see picts of what your talking about. Ill try to post the bad call for where you should have had encroachment, and the personal foul for a legal hit when i get time, ok. Its going to be pretty easy.

It's called a hook, when the only thing holding a defender back is the blocker's arm wrapped around. I probably won't have time to get pics tomorrow, but I'll try on Tuesday.

And I hope you're not talking the personal foul of Jenkins on Thompkins, because that's so illegal it's not funny.

964.gif

DMc's always been really good for us. Frankly he needs to be resigned IMO. He got a lot of flack for a sophomore slump but even then it wasn't really his fault. We let go of Sanders/Meriweather that year (both solid enough for a good secondary in DMc's rookie year) which people act like it was nothing but it was. In their stead we got Ighedibo and I think Gregory (or maybe it was someone else, though he is okay now).

McCourty is good, diverse, and valuable.

patriotway.gif

The New Orleans Saints fans should shut their trap when in comes to playing within the rules. Rafael Bush is the epitome of headhunters and not only should Rafael Bush be suspended for four games, Sean Peyton and Rob Ryan should be levied hefty fines by the league office.

I am kind of surprised that you're playing this card, pherein. I wouldn't have expected that from you myself.

I think we can chalk this up to just feeling down after a tough loss, but you know that there are always going to be calls that you get and calls that you don't.

I think your team is in pretty good shape moving forward, buddy. "Chin up" and all that good stuff.

It's called a hook, when the only thing holding a defender back is the blocker's arm wrapped around. I probably won't have time to get pics tomorrow, but I'll try on Tuesday.
And I hope you're not talking the personal foul of Jenkins on Thompkins, because that's so illegal it's not funny

yes agreed, one arm, not 2 arms wrapped around a guys neck. The picture I showed is not a hook. thanks, no im fine with it dude, just wish it was a better called game. Refs had a huge impact on this one, and thats kind of sad.
Like I said when most of your fans were saying that it would be a blow out. I expected us to be 4-2 going into the bye, and thought this was a toss up.
I knew it would be a skeaker, just disapointed that the outcome was decided by really bad calls, but im cool with it.
lol, no we dont think Jenkins was a personal foul. I mean what is he suppose to do love tap Thompkins ? He hit with his left arm and shoulder no helmet. The hit was by the book.

It's also a lot easier to see this when it's slowed down like that, as opposed to in real time when the hook occurred for probably somewhere between 0.5 and 1 second total.

There are always calls from both sides that end up pointed out, and others that teams get away with. We've been on the wrong side of these plenty of times--actually 2 games in a row last year that were both losses in weeks 2 and 3.

Even in this game today, there were a couple/few ticky tack calls like the OPI on Dobson that took away a big gain down the right sideline.

I am kind of surprised that you're playing this card, pherein. I wouldn't have expected that from you myself.

I think we can chalk this up to just feeling down after a tough loss, but you know that there are always going to be calls that you get and calls that you don't.

I think your team is in pretty good shape moving forward, buddy. "Chin up" and all that good stuff.

Why supprised ? I usually bring up the truth of things as I or we see them. Im not a sore loser, you know that. I have no problem losing to NE. We respect them alot. I was one of the few guys here saying that NE winning was a real possibility. Its just the refs were so bad, its hard to figure out. I think they really messed this game up, and the calls were very one sided.
Im also doing part of my job as to keeping people informed of what my fan base thinks.
http://blackandgold.com/saints/61165-these-refs-have-out-us.html

I dont think any in NO cares that were 5-1 and lost to NE ,lol, its the refs thats bothered us. Not the Patriot players or team. They should of called the game better.

patriotway.gif

Cry me an F'n river. That TD on 3rd and 20 could've also been called back for a push off which was worse than what they flagged Dobson for. Also Chandler Jones is routinely held like that without calls. I'm not saying it wasn't holding but get over it and don't act like it cost you the game.

Brees and company had multiple opportunities to get a single first down to put the game away and failed. The Saints also let up 30 points to a Pats offense that is supposedly putrid. Wah wah wah. The Pats deserved the win, the Saints deserved the loss.

The refs mess up almost every game I watch Pherien, teams just have to play around it. Even if the calls went your way there's no guarantee you win. What if the 4th down call goes your way but Brees throws an INT or theres a fumble, what if our D held onto at least one more INT.

There are so many variables, to say if "X" happens we win, is just wishful thinking. It wasn't like you guys were dominating us and a bunch of bad calls worked against you, it was an even game either team could have won in the end and we edged it out.

Take a breather bro, it was a good game...:cool:

The refs mess up almost every game I watch Pherien, teams just have to play around it. Even if the calls went your way there's no guarantee you win. What if the 4th down call goes your way but Brees throws an INT or theres a fumble, what if our D held onto at least one more INT.

There are so many variables, to say if "X" happens we win, is just wishful thinking. It wasn't like you guys were dominating us and a bunch of bad calls worked against you, it was an even game either team could have won in the end and we edged it out.

Take a breather bro, it was a good game...:cool:

We'll never know. I will bro thanks, just disapointing. Really wanted a good game. But Im happy for you guys.

Really nice to see Duron Harmon getting some love. McCourty too.

But I'd like to nominate Alfonso Dennard. Yes he gave up that TD by a fingernail but prior to that he gave up one completion to Colston all night I believe and that's on the back of a week where he wasn't targeted once. Talib has been stellar and I've never 180'd on anyone as quickly as I have him but guys, right now, we have two borderline shut down corners.

We'll never know. I will bro thanks, just disapointing. Really wanted a good game. But Im happy for you guys.

I think you are probably a good sport, irritated by the emotion of a tough loss which we are all familiar with. Yet still it was a good game, and the Pats triumphed despite ridiculous injuries in which our three best defensive players leaders were all eliminated by the time Brees had two opportunities to ice it. It was a good game and ultimately the Pats were better. Not only over the course of the game but when it really mattered.

My commiserations to one of the classier guys on here. And yes, you did come out on the unfortunate side of some decisions.

That was one of the best games of football I've seen in a long time. so well balanced and so much good play rather than mistakes. By both teams.

My commiserations to one of the classier guys on here. And yes, you did come out on the unfortunate side of some decisions.

That was one of the best games of football I've seen in a long time. so well balanced and so much good play rather than mistakes. By both teams.

Its happens. Really was a great game, and we dont hold any bad feelings. You guys deserve the win. Was one of the best games Ive seen this year. The last drive by brady was pretty epic, and our secondary is not to shabby. Im really so happy for you guys and your team.
I think we learned alot to, and our guys did the best they could. Id love to see games like these all day.
Truely congratulations manx, great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST