PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unsung Hero vs Saints - Devin McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brees was taking that sack/falling down 99.99% of the time in that situation.

Unless I'm mistaken, he was referring to the play where Brees was escaping the pocket and heading for daylight down the left sideline, when Jones swiped his leg out from under him as he was going by. A great play by Jones and a critical one.

The one you're referring to I think is the one where Jones was running up the center for the sack, was held, but still got free and made the play.

I'd like to nominate the return of the hurry-up offense. Definitely causes defenses problems, and great to see that they're getting everyone up to speed enough to pull it out of the bag of tricks.

I put on my lucky underpants for the final plays. I am an unsung hero.

Its happens. Really was a great game, and we dont hold any bad feelings. You guys deserve the win. Was one of the best games Ive seen this year. The last drive by brady was pretty epic, and our secondary is not to shabby. Im really so happy for you guys and your team.
I think we learned alot to, and our guys did the best they could. Id love to see games like these all day.
Truely congratulations manx, great game.

Show a tape/pic of the NO OL on that pass to Stills. I was screaming for a holding. Also a push off by Stills against Dennard should have been called o-PI.

We can do this all day. Old saying, the calls even out over time. Glad you made this post. You were getting into Jets fans territory before that.

Look I love the pats bt if I was a Saints fan I would feel jobbed. The holding call at the end not so much that happens every play. But on 4th and 1 and they miss a neutral zone call to force a punt. That was a huge play IMO. I also knew that pass to Hooman hit the gorund but nobody even questioned it (announcers didnt say anything nor did Brady hurry to get a new play off)

The only call on uis I didnt like was the offense pi on dobson really ticky tack. To me that 4th down play was a biggie..BUT if Payton had some sack he would tried to win it vs playing it safe.

Forgetting about Mr. Collie and his clutch 4th down conversion to keep the game winning drive alive?

He was huge to come off the bench and make 2 clutch receptions.

I am truly glad for this thread that rightly attempts to shine the light on Devin, and the posts of others, that point out other great plays by players whom we didn't seem to care about that much. :)

maybe change the title to "Unsung Heros"?

I hope our LBs hold the fort until Mayo returns (here's another prayer that he's fine and will be out only for a short time) and Devin continues to play a stellar role in case he's asked to take up Aquib's role too.

GO PATS!!

Besides McCourty, Arrington made some big plays on Graham and the most important thing, we have a cohesive confident secondary, which should last for a while if Talib is out.

However, my unsung heroes are the two UDFA rookie DTs. I know NO isn't a strong rushing attack, but the pass rush and everything else depends on staying strong in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results