PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unrestricted WR Free Agents available...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Rod Gardner resigned with Packers .. Here are some WR out there

Terrell Owens
Keyshawn Johnson
Josh Reed
Rickey Prohel
Jabar Gaffney
Kevin Johnson
Reche Cawdwell
Az Hakim
Tim Carter
Ike Hilliard
Jerome Pathon

Not to mention Tim Dwight , Troy Brown and I think Pierless Price

I'd like to see dwight in a pats uniform next year for little money

Last edited:
Reed, Gaffney, and Caldwell are the names I like there. All 3 are still pretty young and a change of scenery could bring out their talent that they haven't lived up to yet. I think all 3 have the ability to become our number 2 sometime during the season. Caldwell seems the most ready to break through but I believe Gaffney and Reed are more talented.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Keyshawn Johnson
Josh Reed
Rickey Prohel
Jabar Gaffney
Kevin Johnson
Reche Cawdwell
Az Hakim
Tim Carter
Ike Hilliard
Jerome Pathon

Not to mention Tim Dwight , Troy Brown and I think Pierless Price

I know its vogue this week to bemoan the loss of Givens, but, come on, the guy was a utility #2WR whose stats can be easily replaced.

I lots of those guys having the potential to match Givens #s and productivity within the Pats system.

Reed, Gaffney, Caldwell, Carter would IMO be decent 2-3yr stop gap guys.

I think Key would improve on Givens #s.

What's also in vogue this week is minimizing our losses in FA. Sorta along the lines of "oh well, Jabbar Gafney really is just as good as Givens was."

I hope BB goes with a youth movement at WR. Losing proven players like Givens sucks, but at least if you draft someone, rather than plug in a stiff like all of those guys on that list, the potential for legitimate upside is there...sorta like with Givens when he was drafted. There's no upside with Gaffney and those other stiffs, with the possible exception of Caldwell.

Last edited:
Sorry Semi OT but Maurice Stovall would be nice in the draft and from an FA standpoint, I really like KJ now as a quick boost to the WR Corps for the next two or three years.

SoonerPatriot said:
What's also in vogue this week is minimizing our losses in FA. Sorta along the lines of "oh well, Jabbar Gafney really is just as good as Givens was."

I hope BB goes with a youth movement at WR. Losing proven players like Givens sucks, but at least if you draft someone, rather than plug in a stiff like all of those guys on that list, the potential for legitimate upside is there...sorta like with Givens when he was drafted. There's no upside with Gaffney and those other stiffs, with the possible exception of Caldwell.
I am not sure that is the case...to put Givens on some sort of pedestal is just as short sighted...He had many good points as a receiver..but a downside as well.
There may be some WRs there that were limited by their system and their QBs ability..that is a possibility..one that you may have overlooked. I think I would take BB's opinion on who was a "stiff" or not over yours...I do think there will be vets as well as draft picks and others in the mix. Givens's loss was a big one..but far far from fatal.

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
I am not sure that is the case...to put Givens on some sort of pedestal is just as short sighted...He had many good points as a receiver..but a downside as well.
There may be some WRs there that were limited by their system and their QBs ability..that is a possibility..one that you may have overlooked. I think I would take BB's opinion on who was a "stiff" or not over yours...I do think there will be vets as well as draft picks and others in the mix. Givens's loss was a big one..but far far from fatal.

Givens was one of my favorite players on the team, and a good #2 receiver. However, you will see a huge difference in his production without Brady throwing to him. He's not fast enough to make plays on balls that are not thrown with near-perfect accuracy.

Gaffney signed with the Eagles, he is off the market.

If we were to sign KJ, I would expect him to have better production over the next three years than Givens will have, or would have had. KJ has been production last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3