PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unofficial Pats v. Bills Playoff Discussion Thread (Official one to follow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta pressure this choker of a playoff QB. He will fold if they can pressure him. Hoping for a different game plan than the last time. I don't see Allen going too far after this game. He had his chance last season and choked it away.

Gotta pressure this choker of a playoff QB. He will fold if they can pressure him. Hoping for a different game plan than the last time. I don't see Allen going too far after this game. He had his chance last season and choked it away.
How is Josh Allen a choker in the playoffs? Hes 2-2. Not great but not awful.

New England Patsies / Foxborough Frauds: Worst team out of 14 in the 2021 POs; and By Far THE Worst PO team in the Entire History of the franchise.
worse than

the '98 Scott Zolak led Patriots playoff squad?
the '94 drew bledsoe throws 3 ints to the browns Patriots?

damn man, you are tough

It’s interesting that they’ve had the reins on Mac all year, which has generally worked out fine. But when they’ve been down big, they’ve gone up tempo, let Mac fire all over the place, including deep shots taking advantage of the pinpoint accuracy which he had in college, and he’s had success at it…. And not against prevent defenses either. Would really like to see them try this earlier in the game and switch up the tempo as needed, we’re just too predictable out there sometimes. Doubt it’ll happen this year though, they don’t seem to want to give Mac that opportunity except when their backs are against the wall.
No, keep the reins on. Our rushing attack needs to be our main objective.

Like yourself, I am not opposed to letting Mac air it out and think he is more than capable of doing so...but Harris and Rham have been very good this year....if it ain't broke..don't fix it.

For me, I am going to look for three things:

1.) NO TURNOVERS. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, we have a fighting chance against anyone in this league.

2.) No dumb penalties like Guy giving the Fish a new set of downs yesterday or any stupid taunting penalties. No 10 yard penalties for holding. If we get 3-4 penalties for 40-50 yards, I can live with that.

3.) Force a goddamn punt this time around.

Yeah if we go into this with the same gameplan as last time we deserve to lose. We can't just sit back and pray he makes a mistake. Force him to make a mistake!! Also, we have to play a clean game. We are not good enough to turn the ball over and still win. I'm looking forward to this one. Win or lose this is the team I wanted to take out the most in the AFC. It would be the most satisfying.

Are we playing Matt Stafford?

Interesting stat about the Bills this year, six of their 11 wins came against teams playing their backup QBs.

Just goes to show how much rent-free space the Patriots take up inside the heads of Buffalo fans.

To be fair, I didn’t know I was starting a game thread!

I just didn’t see any thread listing the day/start time so I started one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents