PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unofficial Pats v. Bills Playoff Discussion Thread (Official one to follow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ian can you remove greencow as the originator of this thread and replace him with a mod? I'm pretty sure plenty of posters have him on ignore and are missing out on this thread.

I've always liked JMD, but the honest truth is that he's too safe under pressure. He had great success with Brady, because Brady is the best clutch QB in history. But, you can't coach safe in big games, even with young players.
This game will be about 2 things - Josh's playcall rhythm & timing + capitalizing on every 50/50 play.
It’s interesting that they’ve had the reins on Mac all year, which has generally worked out fine. But when they’ve been down big, they’ve gone up tempo, let Mac fire all over the place, including deep shots taking advantage of the pinpoint accuracy which he had in college, and he’s had success at it…. And not against prevent defenses either. Would really like to see them try this earlier in the game and switch up the tempo as needed, we’re just too predictable out there sometimes. Doubt it’ll happen this year though, they don’t seem to want to give Mac that opportunity except when their backs are against the wall.

I shudder to think of Mac's arm in 18 degrees and snow.
I want to know what happened to the "you're a loser and your post sucks" icon. That's the one I really wanted for this.

jest had 50 yards yesterday in that game and yet somehow it was still a 3 point game with 8 minutes to go.

Lost to Pitt there
Lost to Indy there
Lost to NE there
Struggled with Atlanta (allen was 11 of 26 120 yards 0 TD 3 INT) and jest there

bildos seems to have issues playing at home

Pats playing with house money right now, if they lose it was the 1st season of a rebuild with a rookie QB and they exceded expectations people had (majority of the media had them under .500) of them and were couple of plays here and stops there from being the #1 seed. Meanwhile gonna be all bildos talk and how they are the most dangerous afc team blah blah blah meanwhile Allen outside of Myles Byant having a very bad day and going against medicore Tampa pass defense Allen hasn't looked like the elite mvp the media made him out to be since Thanksgiving.

For their sake they better hope Harris or Stevenson can't go because we all know the game plan is gonna be a fat dose of those 2 and it isn't like the bildos have shown they could stop it in the 2 games. Harris killed them in the 2nd game probably would have had a bigger game if Pats weren't forced into throwing because they were down 10+ at HT. Also ignored in that game was Stevenson was out

Pats RBs vs the bildos this season
56 rushes
320 yards
5.7 ypc
4 TD
The refs have done a special job on crap calls screwing the Patriots in key moments this year. I'm looking for a well a game that the refs don't screw either team over.

@Ian can you remove greencow as the originator of this thread and replace him with a mod? I'm pretty sure plenty of posters have him on ignore and are missing out on this thread.
I actually didn't consider that many posters may have Mr. Cow on ignore... unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to do that right now. I think I will change the title of this thread and we'll start a new one, maybe later today.

It’s all about turnovers.
The Bills don’t win if they don’t get them.
In 11 wins they have 27 takeaways. In 6 losses they have 3.

It’s all about turnovers.
The Bills don’t win if they don’t get them.
In 11 wins they have 27 takeaways. In 6 losses they have 3.
Being too lazy to look it up, it feels like the Pats are the same.

Do you watch Patriots games? He throws to the outside all the time.

His throw on the pick 6 was badly thrown, inaccurate. It was a bad throw. PERIOD.

Yeah, if anything, I think he doesn't throw enough over the middle of the field. They run crossing pattern rub routes that well. So a majority of the passes have been on the outside this year. I wish they could throw over the middle more. Hell, they don't even have Henry running the seam route that has been a staple for TEs in this offense long before Gronk (although no one could ever do it better them).

Huh?
I was on this forum the night the Patriots last beat the Bills. Posting.
Yeah, it was definitely cold, but weirdly I wouldn't even put it in my top five most miserable weather experience at Gillette/Foxboro Stadium.

I'm guessing Bill/Josh will try some trick plays in order to generate some chunk plays. Someone other than Jones will end up throwing a pass, or two...
Aside from turnovers, the key is containing Allen from scrambling for huge yards.

New England Patsies / Foxborough Frauds: Worst team out of 14 in the 2021 POs; and By Far THE Worst PO team in the Entire History of the franchise.

New England Patsies / Foxborough Frauds: Worst team out of 14 in the 2021 POs; and By Far THE Worst PO team in the Entire History of the franchise.
You are wrong and your negativity is boiling over to being plain loco. You are better than that.

I don't think I can stomach a loss to the bills in the playoffs lol
We lost to the Jets in the playoffs at home after smoking them only 3-4 weeks prior.....

That royally sucked....we will live after the Bills smoke us in Buffalo...

Did you see that pic six yesterday? Defenses are taking away everything in the middle and forcing him to throw outside and he can't or won't.
Howard released Agholor and lurked in the shallow zone....the guy is a pro bowler for a reason...

Wanted the Bengals tbh but hopefully the weather works in our favour and that division title will mean **** all.

please just don’t cough up an early turnover that puts us double digits behind....
Not me.

I was worried about them not winning a playoff game in two decades...

Being too lazy to look it up, it feels like the Pats are the same.

im not sure if weve won the turnovers in every win, but I believe we haven’t lost a game yet without losing the turnovers or a major st breakdown . Only loss where turnovers were even was dallas and they blocked one of our punts (essentially a to).

come to think of it, the first buffalo game to was even and we lost the to battle against Houston so thats 2 wins, too lazy myself to look into the others as well :) so all in all, i dont think we NEED to win turnovers but we hafta come out even at least and not get outplayed by a bunch on st.

Last edited:
What about that Zolak Qbed sqaud who got smoked by Jax? They were pretenders more so than contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents