PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Underdogs against Carolina - love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya you're right it is 3.9, I looked at the wrong line when I was looking at the stats. Post is corrected now.

on top of that, the pats numbers are negatively skewed because of the 20 times brady has taken a knee

You'd think by now that they would just credit a kneel down as a kneel down and not a rush attempt.

Oh and there are 2 teams so far this year that have yet to have a 30 yard run. NYG and Carolina.

lol... sure it is.

Why don't I go cherry pick some passing stats and list all the teams with better passing attacks than NE.

Carolina rush attack is more dangerous than yours. Defensively, we can shut yours down regardless. You haven't proven you can do that...so if ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

Look, Carolina has a very good front and some solid backers behind them. They have the right formula on defense to get to us, and it's very possible that the defense gives our offense hell tonight, but this offense is back to a 20+ point outing being an okay day instead of a good day. Since Gronk came back, the Pats O has scored 27 and 55 points. Though the 55 points may have skewed the Pats scoring offense a bit, after all of those struggles the media chirped about with our O, they're ranked 7th in PPG. To this point, the best scoring offense Carolina has faced is SF who is 12th in PPG, and SF didn't have Davis that day. It'll be interesting to see how Carolina manage to defend Gronk. The last team to gouge our offense with a healthy Gronk was Pitt in 2011, and they threw a scheme at us that totally blindsided the offense.

OT: I met Greg Hardy a week before the 2010 draft outside of Baltimore. Very cool guy. It's amazing to me that he went from top 10 candidate one year to almost undrafted.

Edit: The schedule I was looking at didn't show the first two games, so Seattle is the best scoring offense Carolina has played, though Seattle's numbers a bit skewed by having a hell-raising defense.

You'd think by now that they would just credit a kneel down as a kneel down and not a rush attempt.

That would require pulling people away from regulating what shoe color players have and whether or not Cam Newton has Under Armor visor clips.

After watching that pathetic display by SF last night, I couldn't agree more. CAR fans pounding their chests after beating them should rethink their confidence level. Carolina fans and writers are treating this like a freaking super bowl. Is this the Jest 2.0? What they're saying in Carolina - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I love that they are treating it like the superbowl, and they have every right to do that since it's their first MNF since '08, whereas MNF is pretty much a routine for us.

Makes for a great and exciting game with a playoff atmosphere. Who doesn't love that?

You know, if Car cant put up 50+ points on us (sarcasm), with our defense consisting of : "Who?, what's his name?, Oh God, Please no, and Huh?", they really are a bag of air. TB and co. better come out swinging like never before. And the O line needs to stick to "their" individual jobs. :rolleyes: These injuries are freaking unreal. :confused: If they pull this one off, I'm going to spend all day Tuesday surfing the Panthers boards.

You know, if Car cant put up 50+ points on us (sarcasm), with our defense consisting of : "Who?, what's his name?, Oh God, Please no, and Huh?", they really are a bag of air. TB and co. better come out swinging like never before. And the O line needs to stick to "their" individual jobs. :rolleyes: These injuries are freaking unreal. :confused: If they pull this one off, I'm going to spend all day Tuesday surfing the Panthers boards.

lol you degenerate Silver.:D

We do get this a lot though. Team X is finally 'for real' and ready to take on the Patriots, as if we win the Super Bowl every year. It was the Texans last year, the Bills do it every other year, the Jets in 2010, and so on.

I think it bothered me the most in 2009 when the team was crap, yet we were still the measuring stick for everyone, and only after the Saints clobbered us on MNF were they 'for real.' Even though they had a couple nice wins before they beat us.

Pats are also underdogs for the broncos game at home...first time since 2005 i think?

right...the pats put up 55 on a team that has won 4 of 6

at least the pats could beat the bills

Oh, imagine if I were to brag about curbstomping the 4-6 Giants 38-0.....which is more impressive than you giving up 31 in a win.

yes, the Pats beat the Bills....a divisional opponent they see twice a year every year. Football like life isn't always fair....they don't rob us of our game winning INT we win too.

Oh, imagine if I were to brag about curbstomping the 4-6 Giants 38-0.....which is more impressive than you giving up 31 in a win.

yes, the Pats beat the Bills....a divisional opponent they see twice a year every year. Football like life isn't always fair....they don't rob us of our game winning INT we win too.

more ifs.........sounds like an excuse to me. at least it is pretty sure you'll have one tomorrow

I love that they are treating it like the superbowl, and they have every right to do that since it's their first MNF since '08, whereas MNF is pretty much a routine for us.

Makes for a great and exciting game with a playoff atmosphere. Who doesn't love that?

Cam Newton is 1-0 on MNF...

more ifs.........sounds like an excuse to me. at least it is pretty sure you'll have one tomorrow

Nothing about that is an excuse. Patriots are .500 on the road. This King Kong talk is a tad much....

If Geno Smith can beat you...then you have proven most teams can

Skimming the panthers board, I've seen a couple of gems. My favorite though:

I am not a conspiracy theorist but I have to be concerned about the officiating in any game against the Pats. The truth, historically, is in the pudding. I have reviewed every game they have played this year and just like in the past it seems that they get a plethora of GAME CHANGING calls in their favor, the most famous being the "tuck rule" but there was one against the Jets this year that was nearly as bad. The Jets scored a TD but it was called back for offensive pass interference. I have reviewed the play in slow motion many times and the receiver hardly touched the defender at all, The announcers for the game agreed and said the defender deserves an academy award for the quality of his acting. BB teaches this and they practice it intently and for some reason it keeps working. In the same game Gronk got 3 PI's in a row. Pay attention and you will see that every time there is a defender anywhere near one of their receivers they will flail around like they have been totally abused and will be petitioning the ref's from snap one. Because it has been going on so long I began to wonder why the refs aren't wise to it, like crying wolf one too many times. But it keeps on happening year after year. This makes me think that maybe the Pats winning is in the interest of the NFL. They are big market, Brady is the "poster boy" and BB is the "genius". Is unseating them in the interest of the NFL? Is it time? If it is, it wouldn't surprise me for the Panthers to be the team selected to replace them. They are the best story in the NFL right now and no doubt good to counter all the other crap going on (Martin-Incognito, Bowe Arrest, etc.). If the Pats win, there will be discussion for a couple of days but it will be back to usual and the headlines will again be dominated by negative press. If the Panthers win, the NFL will have a legitimate "feel good" story to wrap itself around and it will not die for quite a while. For this reason I think we may have a shot a getting a clean game called by the refs and that may be all we need. That is what I am praying for. It would be a shame for this game to be decided on a questionable call, especially if it favored the Pats, not because I am a Panther fan, but because of the Pats history of such occurrences.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think NFL games are all out fixed, but there is no doubt that outcomes have been influenced in the past in the Pats favor. All I am asking for is a fair shot at beating them, if we get that and we still lose,I am good with that.

This guy literally wrote an essay full of ****.

Nothing about that is an excuse. Patriots are .500 on the road. This King Kong talk is a tad much....

If Geno Smith can beat you...then you have proven most teams can

LOL......the bills

Skimming the panthers board, I've seen a couple of gems. My favorite though:

This guy literally wrote an essay full of ****.

it's the notion that if you look at it from exactly this angle and use exactly this attempt at logic, then you'd have to be an idiot to not insist that the outcome is certain.

the pats have been thrown off this edge years ago........people just don't learn

after tonight, the pats will have swept the NFC south

LOL...I'd rather lose to EJ than Geno. Geno Smith is a dumpster fire.

the panthers will lose to the jets....book it....probably lose to the dolphins, too and get swept by the AFC east

I think it's cute that you're on a 1st name basis with NFL players

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore