PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** (Un)official Patriots v. Chiefs game thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I had forgotten about this. 3 weeks ago, took the family to the game against the Jets in MetLife. Sheard was throwing spirals at least 45 yards. Guy has a cannon.

......just in case you see him lined up in the backfield someday :D

I don't know, look at their inactives. 2 of the 7 are their OL out with concussion the other 5, Cooper CB, David King DE, Aaron Murray QB, Nunez DT, Wilson ILB.

All their offensive skill position guys are active. So it's not like there is some WR that is inactive over Maclin.

You kinda answer my point there. So why keep a useless Maclin active when two of your starting Offensive Lineman are out?

You take a hit there and you're screwed. Would be smart to have as much depth at that position as possible, but Andy Reid will Andy Reid...

Maclin will be a decoy at best. It would not surprise me if he was out for a drive or 2 and that was it.

Despite all this, I trust Butler vs Maclin even without the ankle sprain!

Hell, put Ebner on him.

I am glad McNabb made that segment, he was probably dry-heaving during the break...what a boob, he has no idea who hes dealing with...

Saw a stat on CBS that we led the league in non-blitzing sacks.

KC's Oline is banged up. I foresee an uncomfortable game for Alex Smith.

Maclin at best will be like Gronk was on one foot in the superbowl. Useless.

Looking forward to another play off game as usual BUT...Sooooo looking forward to watching our Mr. Ironman back on the field. GO JULES..GO PATS

The fire alarm is a ******** twitter rumor that started based off an alarm in a parking garage near the hotel going off at 6PM. 6PM.

Although i'm sure this will discussed on the pregame shows. Yet not a peep about the Pats fire alarm going off a few times in Arizona before the SB.

at least now we know ho did it ...

Not surprised at all about Maclin. It's the playoffs. All hands on deck. Also it's an ankle. He isn't going to hurt it any more than it is. Shoot him up with painkillers and hope for the best.

Actually I can see him being fairly effective for the first 15-20 minutes of game. The problem comes when the pain killer starts to wear off. By the 2nd half, he will be in pain and you can't shoot it up again. Too bad for KC because Maclin is a fine WR....but even fully healthy, Maclin was never going to be the difference in this game one way or the other.

The key to this game is going to be the OL and how effective it is in protecting Brady. Now part of that is going to be how effective Edelman, Amendola, and Gronk are at getting open quickly....but just part of it. So to that end, we will have the same "problem" with Volmer's ankle. It will not only be how effective he can be, but how LONG he can be effective......and should we win, how effective he can be next week.

Gronk and Edelman will be the "story", but the OL will be the key.

Don't expect a ton of pressure in the game unless they deliberately dial it up. They're going to maintain pocket integrity and stay home on the edges. KC's line being banged up will be more impactful in the running game.

Maclin at best will be like Gronk was on one foot in the superbowl. Useless.

And what if he goes say, 7 for 95 and a TD. What will you say then? What will be done about it?

Can't wait for this game to get started!!! Hope this site doesn't crash today and we're not getting any error 522 messages!!!!!

@dougkyed

Patriots OL during warmups:

LT Vollmer
LG Kline
C Stork
RG Mason
RT Cannon

This OL combo has got Tom killed. They better play better.

I never wish injuries on anyone, but I'm hoping Maclin is ineffective today.

Looks like Mark Daniels is expecting a DOUBLY good game from Shaq today:

Mark Daniels @MarkDanielsPJ
Patriots o-line in warmups: Vollmer (LT), Mason (LG), Stork (C), Mason (RG), Cannon (RT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents