PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Umenyiora out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Omenyiora out for season

You have a point, but I think our patchwork OL has more to do with Brady not playing than an injury. Seriously, do you trust Wesley Britt to block Brady's blind side? :eek: I don't. When Matt Light plays, Brady plays. There is no genious to avoiding injuries. I'm just happy that our coach is more interested in keeping our starters healthy than winning preseason games.

very true. i agree on preseason not about wins or losses, it's about finding the best 53 and alot of times that is tough.

there will be interesting cuts and once they're released you'll probably never see them again as other teams scoop them up

Re: Omenyiora out for season

Damn, that sucks. I wish him a prompt recovery.

Sportscenter ran a graphic about how the G-men have lost 5 defensive starters from the Super Bowl.

(before some rant about ESPN they do on occasion, provide some good info)

Strahan says he'll come back if he gets $8 million this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3552159

Reports: Strahan would consider returning, Giants open to idea

Former New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan would consider returning to the team in the wake of Osi Umenyiora's season-ending knee injury, the New York Daily News has reported, citing an unnamed source.

According to the paper, Strahan, 36, who retired in the offseason after helping lead the Giants to a Super Bowl championship, would come back with the Giants if offered an $8 million contract for this season, according to a source close to the seven-time Pro Bowler.

Michael Strahan's retirement has proved part and parcel of the Giants' struggle this offseason to maintain a Super Bowl-caliber defense.
"If the Giants make a sincere overture, it's a good chance that Strahan would consider coming back," the source said, according to the Daily News. "There are other things he has to take into consideration: the money and his contract with Fox."

Strahan currently holds a position at Fox Sports as an NFL studio analyst.

"But if the Giants really want him, they have a shot," the source said. "It's not out of the question."

The Giants appear open to the idea.

That would be double the $4 million salary he'd be due this season in the final year of the seven-year, $46 million deal he signed in 2002 had he not retired.

Last edited:
So his TV contract would just be torn up? What the hells the point of a contract then?

That would be double the $4 million salary he'd be due this season in the final year of the seven-year, $46 million deal he signed in 2002 had he not retired.

Clever, no? I wonder whether he actually filed retirement papers. If not, his "retirement" just looks like a nifty way to get out of TC and pick up some cash.

So his TV contract would just be torn up? What the hells the point of a contract then?

Doubtless the contract had an out clause for a return to the NFL. I imagine that's pretty standard for players & coaches in similar situations.

Clever, no? I wonder whether he actually filed retirement papers. If not, his "retirement" just looks like a nifty way to get out of TC and pick up some cash.

Doubtless the contract had an out clause for a return to the NFL. I imagine that's pretty standard for players & coaches in similar situations.

I just dont understand the point of players saying the retire. Unless they're injured, its likely they are going to come back anyway.

Why would you not want to retire a champion? Yea, 8 million is a lot of money, but I'm sure he's not hurting for cash, plus that tv contract is a min. wage job anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes