PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Umenyiora out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Omenyiora out for season

Excellent use of starting a thread

That sucks. Too bad for Osi, hopefully he can bounce back from this injury next year.

Ouch!!! A stroke of bad luck for the Giants.

As a BC Eagles fan it will be nice to see Kiwanuka get a good shot to step up.

Last edited:

Huge loss for the Giants..

So many pass rushers are dropping like flies. I can't help but think it's BB's handy work. If your O-Line stinks, then knocks the competition down a few pegs.

Man the injury bug is on a WAR Path this preseason. Damn. :(

Agreed!

I'm watching the NFL network and they're saying that the Chargers had us beat! What are they talking about? Oh, it's Marshall Faulk, father of many, many children!

Agreed!

I'm watching the NFL network and they're saying that the Chargers had us beat! What are they talking about? Oh, it's Marshall Faulk, father of many, many children!

They have had us beat for many years now, but that's why I like pudding.

Like watching that guy play when it's not against us ... Hope he makes it back ... pretty serious he may end up being a DT now.

huge loss considering umenyiora is the only good person on their entire defense now that strahans gone. maybe u can include tuck in there....so now that usi is gone their only pass rush is tuck. and hes not that hard to block especially if u double cover him. that was the key to winning the superbowl and now that their only skill position on the entire team is destroyed.....well looks like they'll suck as ushual this year. maybe eli can throw more picks than he did touchdowns again. that was entertaining!

All these injuries are making a solid case for shortening the preseason and extending the regular season. Giants may coax Strahan out of retirement.

huge loss considering umenyiora is the only good person on their entire defense now that strahans gone. maybe u can include tuck in there....so now that usi is gone their only pass rush is tuck. and hes not that hard to block especially if u double cover him. that was the key to winning the superbowl and now that their only skill position on the entire team is destroyed.....well looks like they'll suck as ushual this year. maybe eli can throw more picks than he did touchdowns again. that was entertaining!

Firefox is an awesome browser with a built in spell-check. ;)

I think Osi's back-up guy is going to be a good pass rusher too. Time will tell.
Pass rush or know, the Giants were pretty much counted out early on this year. I hate those bastiches, but I love football and the underdogs alway has better odds than the stats give them. Still, Eli's a turd. :D

All these injuries are making a solid case for shortening the preseason and extending the regular season. Giants may coax Strahan out of retirement.

Any year but this one, maybe. Risking any kind of Brett comparison, I doubt it. When he rushed the passer he went on the hit 100%. I think he attacked retirement the same way.

Umenyiora benefitted greatly when teams double teamed strahan. now everyone will double team tuck. they also have kawunuka who forgets to tackle the QB when he has him in his grasp.

The guys on NFLN are saying that Schefter got an email from Strahan right after he learned that Usi went down that said he'd come back to the Giants for the right price.

The guys on NFLN are saying that Schefter got an email from Strahan right after he learned that Usi went down that said he'd come back to the Giants for the right price.

LOL...PRICE is the most important word in that sentence.

someone tell me what the difference between getting injured the 4th game of the preseason and week 1 in the first quarter? when the injury bug bites he's gonna bite you. and some would say that he wouldn't be playing in game 4. some guys get injured in practice. so i don't think there is much to say that BB is being a genius not playing brady. if he was healthy he'd be playing, if he's not then he's sitting like he is now

someone tell me what the difference between getting injured the 4th game of the preseason and week 1 in the first quarter? when the injury bug bites he's gonna bite you. and some would say that he wouldn't be playing in game 4. some guys get injured in practice. so i don't think there is much to say that BB is being a genius not playing brady. if he was healthy he'd be playing, if he's not then he's sitting like he is now

You have a point, but I think our patchwork OL has more to do with Brady not playing than an injury. Seriously, do you trust Wesley Britt to block Brady's blind side? :eek: I don't. When Matt Light plays, Brady plays. There is no genious to avoiding injuries. I'm just happy that our coach is more interested in keeping our starters healthy than winning preseason games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes