PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

um... by the way, anyone notice how good Deltha looked at CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saved a TD. Then saved another one to seal the game. I wonder if Asante could have made either of those plays, quite frankly

I'd say it's not if Asante "could have" made the plays, but if he would have made the plays because he was too busy showing off by trying to get a pick when he should have been putting the team first. See the Tyree TD in the SB for perfect example. The kid's got great talent, he didn't always use the right way near the end here.

And yes, Deltha looked OK for being on the team only a week. He's more physical than I remember. Good speed.

Last edited:
Saved a TD. Then saved another one to seal the game. I wonder if Asante could have made either of those plays, quite frankly

Other than the TD, Deltha had a mediocre day.

I have to say, that my expectations were fairly moderate for D.O. New to the team, new to a defense that is consistently described as among the most complex in the league, steps in during clutch situations and gets noticed.

That's not easy to do on a BB team. First, just earning your playing time is hard (see: John Lynch). To show up and make plays on par with what we'd expect from a veteran, and then earn MORE playing time.

I think he's a Wes Welker, Adalius Thomas caliber pickup right off the waiver wire. And, as mentioned above, that kind of productivity from any defensive player that the Bengal's couldn't find productive use for begs the question: wtf is going on in Cinci?

I think he's a Wes Welker, Adalius Thomas caliber pickup right off the waiver wire. And, as mentioned above, that kind of productivity from any defensive player that the Bengal's couldn't find productive use for begs the question: wtf is going on in Cinci?

WTF indeed. IMO they need a better DC and maybe even HC (not that Lewis isn't decent).

Might not be horrible to get those picks ready to trade for some decent WR's to replace the criminal and the receiver formerly known as Chad Johnson.

I'll trade 'em Spach and Jones straight up for Housh!

Last edited:
Lets see Deltha up against Cotchery or Coles, or soon Harrison and Wayne before we crown him Asante's great successor

We played the Chiefs who only had 3 mediocre receivers besides Gonzalez - I want a better team before I get excited about a Bengal's castoff

Bryant looked great in preseason for a few games,now works at Wendy's drive up window

i thought he played very well, he was phyiscal and got good position but knew how to avoid a PI call as well

Agreed. It was one of my criticisms about Samuel and Hobbs. He looked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft