PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ugh, I'm done with Meriweather

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't review the plays, then how the hell can you make the following observations?

All these observations tell me that you don't know enough about what BM is being asked to do. It also tells me that you don't understand the difference between a Zone Scheme and a Man to Man Scheme..

Brandon Meriweather is actually a very good tackler. He's not in the same category as Rodney Harrison, but he's not far from it.

Also, not to blow up your argument anymore than I have, but Chung has been making some of the same mistakes you have lambasted Meriweather for. I've seen Chung take bad angles, go for the hit instead of the tackle, etc. All safeties do that at times. Including Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed.

As others pointed out and you still haven't acknowledge, that hit resonated through the Chargers receivers except for that one rookie Arjiritutu (sp). All of the others has multiple drops at critical moments in the game. You discounting that takes away from your whole understand of the situation.

It's amazing the amount of backtracking you've done from the start of this thread to this point.

Jeez, man, the guy run over your dog or something?

Thanks for the support, but I knew that this was going to be "One of those threads" Oh well, I can take the criticism, it's only talk and I won't lose any sleep over it. I'll also continue to watch the games and think what I think...be it popular or not.

DaBruins should have rephrased it in a little more diplomatic way, but he is right.

Tx_Pats basically just said he doesn't know how the game works but then says he is justified in criticizing Merriweathers. That makes absolutely no sense.

Thanks for the support, but I knew that this was going to be "One of those threads" Oh well, I can take the criticism, it's only talk and I won't lose any sleep over it. I'll also continue to watch the games and think what I think...be it popular or not.

If you "knew that this was going to be one of those threads" then why bother posting. What did you expect "I disagree with everything you said but I respect your opinion"? Was this meant to be a wind up?

Well, Meriweather got a game ball on Sunday, so it looks as though he is out of BB's doghouse and appears to be reverting to his really strong form from early last year.

Hope he keeps it up.

Game-ball effort by Meriweather - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I was going to post this link- missed this post.

That puts an end to this discussion.

Meriweather got a game ball. Tx_Patriots is wrong, unless his argument is that he is smarter than the entire Patriots coaching staff, in which case we are in serious trouble.

Aw, good for Brandon. I think if he shows he's learning from his mistakes he isn't going anywhere.

I'm SO confused.

First, a couple weeks ago we all knew that #50 Ninkovich was the worst OLB in the NFL.

Now we're done with Meriweather?

So hard to keep up on the Pats players we're sposed to hate.

Oh, for the halcyon days where we could all blame Maroney for everything.

I was going to post this link- missed this post.

Meriweather got a game ball. Tx_Patriots is wrong, unless his argument is that he is smarter than the entire Patriots coaching staff, in which case we are in serious trouble.

Even worse trouble if the Jets come and sign him!

Last edited:

Not really. The thread started badly on the whole salute thing, but he explained why generally he doesn't like Meriweather based on techniques he learned playing football (see page 13). This wasn't about a single game or this game in particular as far as I recall (the last game involved the salute, which started this thread), so the game ball doesn't close anything out.

I don't necessarily agree with the opinion since I like to see Meriweather on the field, but that's his personal opinion. I am sure plenty of fans don't like somebody on the active roster for one reason or another, and plenty of others who like the same player (view any Moss/BJGE/Light/Maroney/Samuel thread in recent history). It's just an opinion.

Brandon Meriweather is actually a very good tackler. He's not in the same category as Rodney Harrison, but he's not far from it.
Disagree there. He hits hard, but I definitely wouldn't call him a good tackler. Doesn't mean he's not a good player, though; just means he needs to change his mentality a little.

Disagree there. He hits hard, but I definitely wouldn't call him a good tackler. Doesn't mean he's not a good player, though; just means he needs to change his mentality a little.

Indeed. There's a sharp difference between being a good hitter and a good wrap up tackler. Meriweather is the former. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though. :cool:

I find it hilarious that you WHINE and MOAN about people disagreeing with you but claim you can "take the criticism." No you can't. You've proven that. You are just lying to yourself and everyone else by saying you can.

People who blame others because of their own shortcomings rarely lose sleep over criticism. Ones who lie to themselves and to others rarely do either.

For someone who usually brings good commentary to threads, this is just plain ignorant BS on your part.

I didn't call the guy a moron or a variety of other things I could have said. I went pretty easy on him considering how much of a fool he made himself out to be.

And, contrary to PatsPsycho's commentary, I couldn't have been more diplomatic because TX_Patriots proved that any attempt to use diplomacy on him would be a waste of time.

I find it hilarious that you WHINE and MOAN about people disagreeing with you but claim you can "take the criticism." No you can't. You've proven that. You are just lying to yourself and everyone else by saying you can.

People who blame others because of their own shortcomings rarely lose sleep over criticism. Ones who lie to themselves and to others rarely do either.

Taking criticism versus being called a moron or an idiot are 2 very different things. Reality is, I've already listed the reasons why I'm not a BM supporter but there have been very few counter arguments. Almost everyone has come on here and said that they disagreed (which is cool) but haven't offered any reasons why I'm wrong (besides the fact that I obviously don't know football).

So, I admit, maybe this thread was started at a bad time. BM has had a couple of pretty good weeks, but if I started this thread the day after BM was juked out of his jock or burned down field, I'm willing to bet this thread would have had a different tone.

I realize that I'm no expert in all things football, and if anyone wants to bash me for that, fine. What I didn't realize is how many ex-scouts, head coaches, and GM's we have on this board. Jeez, I mean, everyone is an expert on here besides me. Now don't take that the wrong way, I was being sarcastic, but the tone of most of the rebuttals make me think that most on here really think that they are next in line for a front office job with the Pats.

OK, so maybe that last line was uncalled for, but this is a DISCUSSION FORUM...we're supposed to discuss things, don't just call names and pile on...Is this a moan or a whine, maybe, but is my point not correct?

Anyway, have a great day and it's only 3 days til Sunday.

I'm SO confused.

First, a couple weeks ago we all knew that #50 Ninkovich was the worst OLB in the NFL.

Now we're done with Meriweather?

So hard to keep up on the Pats players we're sposed to hate.

Oh, for the halcyon days where we could all blame Maroney for everything.

Yes, we're running out of options.. there needs to be a sense of urgency to our task of deciding who's the next big failure.

Taking criticism versus being called a moron or an idiot are 2 very different things. Reality is, I've already listed the reasons why I'm not a BM supporter but there have been very few counter arguments. Almost everyone has come on here and said that they disagreed (which is cool) but haven't offered any reasons why I'm wrong (besides the fact that I obviously don't know football).

There have been plenty of counter-arguments. You're just continuing to do what the ignorantly self absorbed do: ignore all of the counter arguemtns, and insist your answer is the only possible one.

So, I admit, maybe this thread was started at a bad time. BM has had a couple of pretty good weeks, but if I started this thread the day after BM was juked out of his jock or burned down field, I'm willing to bet this thread would have had a different tone.

I realize that I'm no expert in all things football, and if anyone wants to bash me for that, fine. What I didn't realize is how many ex-scouts, head coaches, and GM's we have on this board. Jeez, I mean, everyone is an expert on here besides me. Now don't take that the wrong way, I was being sarcastic, but the tone of most of the rebuttals make me think that most on here really think that they are next in line for a front office job with the Pats.

OK, so maybe that last line was uncalled for, but this is a DISCUSSION FORUM...we're supposed to discuss things, don't just call names and pile on...Is this a moan or a whine, maybe, but is my point not correct?

Anyway, have a great day and it's only 3 days til Sunday.

Reasons I believe you are wrong is that although he was benches earlier this year he has came back stronger from it. He has played well week by week Since the benching he made a good play on the gl vs the ravens which a bs penalty on him nullified it should have been on Arrington if anyone. He made a bunch of picks last year and has always shown good ball hawking ability even if he didn't have te hands to match it. He does take some bad angle only CJ spiller has scored from it though but he wasn't the only one to blame on that play but he hits hard makes team more afraid to go over the middle and keeps WR's looking round. He also seems to be buying into the patriot way now. I can understand why people are unhappy with him he got huge media attention after he had been under performing and ha been benched.

The way I see the hit you are talking about is iirc was in the first quarter of the game crayon got the fd but got lit up for it then the rest of the WRs and crayon struggle to go over te middle short term it looks like crayton wins long term he didn't. If that is the reason SD struggled going over the middle then he has every right to celebrate it if had made a form tackle at this point and saluted then SD continue to make 12 yard catches all day long I would be like WTF it was only a tackle. As long as he isn't taunting someone it doesn't have any affect on the game.

I do not believe you are a idiot or a moron just stubborn on your opinion which my opinion is that you are wrong in your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft