PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UDFA news thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UDFA Bryan Anderson - 6'5 WR from CMU

Then you know of where I am coming from.
I don't have a clue :)

I think he has zero chance to make the team but a very good chance to make the practice squad.
If you don't have a clue, then you have no grounds to say he has zero chances to make the team.
I meant I have no clue where Box is coming from.
I am just saying, if you have "no clue" as you said, then why are you saying he has "zero chances" to make the team?
Just stop. Surely you must be deliberately misunderstanding this conversation.

In the event you truly don't understand,

BOR said "Then you know where I am coming from," referring to why he believes Anderson is a lock to make the 53-man roster.

BF (and most of us) do not have a clue where BOR is coming from.

But we do believe that Anderson is not a lock to make the 53-man roster. I wouldn't go so far as to say zero chance, but it is certainly way under a 1% chance.

See? We think Anderson is not a lock, and although BOR does, we don't have a clue as to why he does.

This help? :D

Just stop. Surely you must be deliberately misunderstanding this conversation.

In the event you truly don't understand,

BOR said "Then you know where I am coming from," referring to why he believes Anderson is a lock to make the 53-man roster.

BF (and most of us) do not have a clue where BOR is coming from.
The part I don't understand is that Box (who I have a great deal of respect for) seems to think Anderson has as much chance to make the 53 as Tate or Price and I just don't see it. At all.

But we do believe that Anderson is not a lock to make the 53-man roster. I wouldn't go so far as to say zero chance, but it is certainly way under a 1% chance.

Given that BB consistently has kept at least one UDFA on the roster every year, I'd say his odds are significantly higher than 1%. Closer to 10% assuming they sign roughly 10-12 UDFAs.

The part I don't understand is that Box (who I have a great deal of respect for) seems to think Anderson has as much chance to make the 53 as Tate or Price and I just don't see it. At all.

Alright, my fault. I apologize.

Re: Pats sign RB Pat Paschall

I wonder if PERL and VISUAL BASIC got together over a cup of JAVA and gave PASCAL a grade of C++ ...

I'd grade him higher, myself. He wiggles through WINDOWS in the offensive LINux like a PYTHON. HE's very ACTIVE Xcept on passing downs.

Last edited:

I realize the 40 doesn't mean everything, and it was just 1 running of it on 1 day, but a 4.69 is pretty slow for a RB, isn't it, particularly one who isn't especially large?

If he can run straight forward and not dance he may help.

I realize the 40 doesn't mean everything, and it was just 1 running of it on 1 day, but a 4.69 is pretty slow for a RB, isn't it, particularly one who isn't especially large?
I think he runs a 4.54

Alright, my fault. I apologize.
Me too.

Given that BB consistently has kept at least one UDFA on the roster every year, I'd say his odds are significantly higher than 1%. Closer to 10% assuming they sign roughly 10-12 UDFAs.
You're right but it is probably getting tougher and tougher. We kept a bunch of rookies last year, not even including McKenzie, and we have another big class coming in this year. That doesn't mean there won't be room for an UDFA but it's got go be getting tougher.

Re: Pats sign UDFA RB Pat Paschall

I wonder if PERL and VISUAL BASIC got together over a cup of JAVA and gave PASCAL a grade of C++ ...

I'd grade him higher, myself. He wiggles through WINDOWS in the offensive LINux like a PYTHON. HE's very ACTIVE Xcept on passing downs

:rofl:
nerd :D

You have stated my position correctly and thank you for not using the term "lock" which I have not used.

Box...I want to apologize for any future sarcastic remarks I make to you that you may find hurtful...oh...and welcome to the Joker Apology Tour 2010...smoke 'em if ya got 'em and hold on...this could get bumpy

I thought he looked very quick initially... but he seemed to slow down at the end of his 40. did anyone else note that? He seemed to have great acceleration to about the 20 meter mark

Box...I want to apologize for any future sarcastic remarks I make to you that you may find hurtful...oh...and welcome to the Joker Apology Tour 2010...smoke 'em if ya got 'em and hold on...this could get bumpy
Wait, you're smoking in the no smoking thread again?

I thought he looked very quick initially... but he seemed to slow down at the end of his 40. did anyone else note that? He seemed to have great acceleration to about the 20 meter mark

Most people reach peak speed between the 10-15yd mark, the rest is just mitigating deceleration. If his initial burst is good and he's good at changing direction the 40 time really doesnt matter much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes