PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law on Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikey said:
But is there a remote possibility that Ty Law is NOT thinking of his own welfare but is just stating the truth without any ulterior motive?

Is it not possible that Ty is already resigned to NOT returning back to the Jets and his enthusiastic recommendation of his friend and former coash is sincere?

Ty is no dummy and from everything I read about him, he is already resigned to not coming back to the Jets.

My read is that when given any opportunity, Law will still do his best to sabotage Bill Belichick.

mikey said:
But is there a remote possibility that Ty Law is NOT thinking of his own welfare but is just stating the truth without any ulterior motive?

Is it not possible that Ty is already resigned to NOT returning back to the Jets and his enthusiastic recommendation of his friend and former coash is sincere?

Ty is no dummy and from everything I read about him, he is already resigned to not coming back to the Jets.

In my opinion NO. Ty Law is about Ty Law, and everything he does is to support Ty Law's needs. It worked well here, because what supported Ty Laws needs was playing cb well, shining in big games and winning.

If Ty Law went through a career of seasons like the Jets had this year, no matter where he was, he would have been the biggest, loudest, self-promoter going.

The only difference between Law and TO is that had team success on his resume, and everyone recognized him for it.

Do not think for a minute that if, for example, we lost to the Colts when he had 3 picks, or lost in 2001 when he had a TD (say we lost 14-10 and he scored the TD) there wouldn't have been TO-esque shennanigans.

Ty 'show me the money" Law would love to get that 11 mil from the JEST next year. And, he thinks old buddy Eric will want to keep him around.

This would be a bad move for Eric. Why did BB leave after one day? He didn't like what he saw regarding owner/manager and nothing has changed.

flutie2phelan said:
How i would love to see him backpedaling on this!

But here is the killer: "Plus, you've got a chance to take a valuable person away from the top dog."

You said it, Ty-raitor, you said it.

Law is gone from the Jets regardless. What he said about Mangini is 100% the truth and perfect logic.

With Mangini, the Jets get a BB diciple who has SB experience and hopefully some of the BB-Genius rubbed off on him. They also get addition by subtraction, hurting us in the process. If I were the Jets owner/GM, Mangini would be offered the job for all of the above reasons.

I don't take offense to his remarks. They are truthful and to the point.

Law wants to return to the Pats. The grass was NOT greener and his loyalty does not lie with the Jets.

This has probably been said on other posts, but Boomer Esiason called the Jets HC job the worst in football, possibly the worst in all of sports. He said the fans and media are "delusional" (his word, not mine) in their expectations. If Mangini is as smart as he's been said to be, he understands that other opportunities will be made to him, and that starting in the wrong situation can put him behind the eight ball for future opportunities.

PATSNUTme said:
Ty 'show me the money" Law would love to get that 11 mil from the JEST next year. And, he thinks old buddy Eric will want to keep him around.

This would be a bad move for Eric. Why did BB leave after one day? He didn't like what he saw regarding owner/manager and nothing has changed.

Well, I think the UNCERTAINTY of the owner situation was the issue and had he had the time to see what the new owner was like, we have no way of knowing whether or not that would have changed his mind.

I personally think that Parcells had more to do with BB flight from NY than anything else. He was tired of playing 2nd fiddle and living in the Tuna's shadow. Parcells trying to manipulate and strong arm the situation to prevent BB from interviewing with Kraft was the straw that broke the camel's back.

just my opinion of course ... Having said all that, I think Mangini would be better off to wait for a better offer outside of our division. A good offer from a team in a weak division would be better for him... even Luke had to get training before fighting Darth Vader... Mangini would be a fool to take on the greatest NFL coach of all time during his first stint as a head coach.

King of New York

While I posted on an earlier thread the reasons I think Mangini should not take the Jets job, I can think of one big reason to take the Jets job.

If you are the coach to turn the Jets around and bring them to championship form, you could be as big, as if not bigger than Rudy, Bloomburg, Trump, or even Steinburger in that town.

The challenge would be huge, but the rewards bigger. If I were Mangini I would hold out for final say in all personnel decisions. If I got that, I would take my shot at being "King of New York."

Ochmed Jones said:
While I posted on an earlier thread the reasons I think Mangini should not take the Jets job, I can think of one big reason to take the Jets job.

If you are the coach to turn the Jets around and bring them to championship form, you could be as big, as if not bigger than Rudy, Bloomburg, Trump, or even Steinburger in that town.

The challenge would be huge, but the rewards bigger. If I were Mangini I would hold out for final say in all personnel decisions. If I got that, I would take my shot at being "King of New York."
If your (Mangini) goal is to be King of New York, your probably not one of the cookie cutter projects from the BB school of coaching - is Mangini a snappy dresser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft