PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tully Banta Cain

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to say he was the best offseason pick up i did not think he would be more then a back up and a ST player but 8.5 sacks from him is great

maybe next year the pats can put a rookie speed rusher to play next to him

He's DECENT. He's not great, at all. His stats are heavily padded against TERRIBLE teams. If you look at his stats for the year almost all of his stats have come from playing buffalo and the jets, 2 teams with inexperience at QB. Lets see him step up and make some plays against better teams, then I'll be impressed.

you can say that against tonnes of people. Jarred Allen has 8 or something sacks against green bay in 2 games this year when their offensive line was shot. a sack is a sack

Well it was a freakish performance yesterday, vespecially considering, that the Guys who draw the usual Double Teams were out. And he has been above average for teh Rest of the year too. Getting such a player for Veteran Minimum is definitely a huge bonus to this defense.

As for the opposition, good stats are mostly built on bad opposition. Its the same for everyone. Freeney did not even see Brady when he was playing against Vollmer, does this mean Freeney is no elite DE? But against Good oppositions these sacks end up as hits or pressures, which turn into INTs or incompletions, and the result is the same, although not as spectacular.

I am happy to have him on our team, and I'd rather have one or two more players at his level and used to our system than 1 Elite player and a bunch of "also played".

As I recall, TBC struggled with the run at the beginning of the game, that first drive when it looked like everyone sucked except Wright. TB got his sacks in the fourth quarter when Buffalo was one dimensional due to the score/time remaining.

Has he done a good job? √
Is he a pleasant surprise? √
Can he play the run? √ (He is better than he was when last with the team, but he could do much better as an OLB.)
Can he rush the passer? √ (He was getting pressure on Fitz, and was doing a pretty good job with his counterparts at keeping Fitz inside the pocket with the pressure. He may have been using the first three quarters to set up the LT for that explosive fourth quarter.)

He's what I thought he was, a situational pass rusher. He's played better against the run than I expected, he's great as backside pursuit and in backfield disruption, he's improved at the point of attack - but not as much as I'd hoped - the patience has paid off. Good kid, glad NE has him.

TBC has been a pleasant surprise this season. A better compliment of linebackers and defensive linemen would make this an interesting defense. We'll need an elite pass rush with the way the NFL is going.

The thing is, 5 of those 8.5 sacks have been against 1 team, who happen to have the worst O-Line in the league.

TBC is so much better than when he played for us before though. I stlll have nightmares about that play against the Jags when he didn't touch MJD down...

^Yeah Jay i agree with you he's not making any pro bowls but he's a good starter

And without him in those two games against that one team, the Patriots would be 7-7 this morning.

before going overboard he has success only against Bills which has 2 of its starting tackle and 1 gaurd on IR.

so relax.

TBC has been TCB for a few weeks now.
I, for one, am VERY pleased with the way this guy is playing.

8.5 sacks. Jullius Peppers has 9.5. Quite the pleasant surprise

Is there any reason why the Patriots have not announced the TBC

extension?

He's DECENT. He's not great, at all. His stats are heavily padded against TERRIBLE teams. If you look at his stats for the year almost all of his stats have come from playing buffalo and the jets, 2 teams with inexperience at QB. Lets see him step up and make some plays against better teams, then I'll be impressed.

Exactly TBC is elite vs horrible teams and invisible against anyone decent.

i can only imagine if he had Richard with him....

My thoughts exactly. Imagine how many more sacks he would have if it was Seymour instead of Jarvis Green on that side (not that he's always lined up there).

My thoughts exactly. Imagine how many more sacks he would have if it was Seymour instead of Jarvis Green on that side (not that he's always lined up there).

I think he's pretty good...beats anyone else we have going for us. It's kind of funny that a guy who washed otu of mediocre SF, can have a starring role here. What does that TELL YOU? It tells you that our LBs are JAG stiffs who can't rush the passer any better than my grandmother. And my grandmother in her latter years, mind you.

Exactly TBC is elite vs horrible teams and invisible against anyone decent.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me.

TBC is good but lets not over rate him. He's a good pick up for the price but it's not like we can depend on this guy to make a play in a clutch situation like Ware, Allen, Mathis/Freeny, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back