PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown on the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your point and I'm not going to throw flames. That said, I'm proud of what that team tried to do; it took a lot of courage. Though I think it's fair to say the strain of that season eventually did take its toll, you just don't know what factors will dominate come big-game time. I think think what the Colts did in '09, intentionally throwing a game to ease that pressure and STILL losing in the Super Bowl, proves that. I'd take what the '07 Pats did over that any time.

Completely agree. It's like the Patton quote: All real Americans play to win all the time.

Would I rather have a team go 14-2 in the regular season and win the Super Bowl than go 18-1 and lose the Super Bowl? Of course. But I'd rather have a team try to win every game and lose somewhere in the process of trying to go 19-0 and winning the Super Bowl than a team that didn't give its best every game and dropped one or two along the way.

I have zero complaints about the 2007 team. They came closer than what any team has ever come to doing (since the advent of the 16-game season). There's no shame in that. All things considered (injury, pass rush, etc.), I still think it was one of Brady's best performances (I know I'm in a very small minority there), especially the drive to give the team the lead with under 3 minutes to go.

What's really amazing to me is that, with all things considered - the stress and strain and pressure of trying to go undefeated, the allegedly bad practices in the days leading up to the SB, etc. - it STILL took a miracle play by the Giants, and came down to just a couple plays, for New York to win that game.

Here in Philly, on sport radio station, they just had Sal Palentonio on. He mentioned that the Pats seem really focused and inspired. Was really up-beat on this team and implied that the Pats of 2011 are the Giants of 2007. The Giants are convinced they are destined to win this game. The Pats are going to work to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back