PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown just slammed Reche Caldwell twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He is on WEEI in reference to Moss, he said that when he was there with Moss "We were all working hard except for Reche Caldwell" and then a minute later said Caldwell was "allergic to work". Too bad, I defended the guy and thought he could have been a good third WR for them, but obviously he wouldn't work hard enough to be that guy.

He is on WEEI in reference to Moss, he said that when he was there with Moss "We were all working hard except for Reche Caldwell" and then a minute later said Caldwell was "allergic to work". Too bad, I defended the guy and thought he could have been a good third WR for them, but obviously he wouldn't work hard enough to be that guy.

Well, clearly the Pats felt the same way, because they kept Gaffney and not Caldwell.

Last edited:
Says alot about how bad our WR's were in 2006. Wasn't Caldwell the leading reciever

I hated that guy since that wide open dropped pass in the AFCCG against the Colts in 06 which we could've led and won the game!

**** that bug eyed pass dropping ****.

I hated that guy since that wide open dropped pass in the AFCCG against the Colts in 06 which we could've led and won the game!

I still think blaming him for that loss has been an overreaction. He wasn't the guy who was covering Dallas Clark (or supposed to be covering Dallas Clark and failing miserably).

Well, clearly the Pats felt the same way, because they kept Gaffney and not Caldwell.

This is a perfect example of how much fans do not know.
I don't remember seeing a bunch of "He's lazy" posts when Caldwell was here. Lotsa posts about his bug eyes, but none about his poor work habits or ethic.

I still think blaming him for that loss has been an overreaction. He wasn't the guy who was covering Dallas Clark (or supposed to be covering Dallas Clark and failing miserably).

Well guess so , but still, sucks he also contributed to that loss!

I saw a lot of WR, but Reche is clearly the worst. He doesnt deserve to wear this uniform again never and ever

I saw a lot of WR, but Reche is clearly the worst. He doesnt deserve to wear this uniform again never and ever

Doug Gabriel, Tony Simmons and Donald Hayes say hi.

all things considered, for the pats caldwell outperformed moss in the playoffs

reche_caldwell_insane_1_1.jpg

He wasn't even close to the worst, you just think so because when he did screw up it was at terrible times in very HI LOOK HOW MUCH I SUCK fashion. Overall he was a 6/10 or so.

This is a perfect example of how much fans do not know.
I don't remember seeing a bunch of "He's lazy" posts when Caldwell was here. Lotsa posts about his bug eyes, but none about his poor work habits or ethic.

I realized after the fact that it doesn't literally mean the Pats felt Caldwell was lazy. But clearly they saw more upside in Gaffney than Caldwell, or they would have kept Caldwell in addition to/instead of Gaffney.

In fact i trhought that he was a hard worker, if not i cant understand how can thihs guy made the pro's

He was the team's best receiver in 2006.

Well, you are deluding yourself because that TD couldn't have won the game. Why? Because the Pats scored on the same series in which Caldwell dropped that ball.

Also, while he was "wide open" there was a a LBer or CB who was running full speed at Caldwell and would have plastered him before he got into the endzone on that play.

It always amazes me how people try to re-write history.

As for Troy Brown's comments. I loved Troy as a player, but this recent tact he's taken of throwing former players under the bus is pathetic and not endearing in the least bit.

Well guess so , but still, sucks he also contributed to that loss!

No, he didn't. Unless you call getting raped by Kelvin Hayden in the endzone while trying to catch a ball is considered to have contributed to the loss.

It's not Caldwell's fault that the refs had damn near every call wrong in that game. It's not Caldwell's fault that the Pats didn't have a LB or CB who could cover Dallas Clark. And it wasn't Caldwell's fault that the Pats had Dillon, Faulk and Maroney unavailable in the 4th quarter of that game and, therefore, couldn't run out the clock.

The only way he contributed to that loss was that he was part of that team. Just like Troy was. OH, yeah, and let's not forget about the drops that Troy had in that game. Ones that ALSO contributed to the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents