PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown Going to Another Team? [Clayton]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I would be bummed if this came to fruition. I say, if he doesn't retire, the Pats have keep Troy on the team no matter what. He could still have some value as a 4th or 5th wide receiver, and we've got a lot of new guys at the position that could benefit from his veteran wisdom.

For all he has done for the team, I wish we bring him back and give him another ring before he hangs his shoes.

For all he has done for the team, I wish we bring him back and give him another ring before he hangs his shoes.

So does everybody. But, you only have a 53 man roster. So you can't just say you want Brown back, you have to say which of the five receivers he replaces.

Now why don't you go murder Santa, jerk.
Isnt mcbee a Chargers fan.

Heh, of all people you shouldnt be the one calling him ancient. He owned you.

Re: Clayton = Mr Peabody

:rofl: :rofl:

More like Tennessee Tuxedo!!

I find those comments insulting...to Mr. Peabody and Tennessee Tuxedo.

I think he more closely resembles Super Chicken...without the Super.

Or if Wally Cox had a less-attractive brother.

He's not going anywhere. I know there's a lot of Sox fans here, but Troy Brown is to the Pats what Bernie Williams was to the Yankees. Once of the guys you immediately think of when you say Patriots. He will be here, or on the golf course.

I love Troy Brown as much as anybody....but if it happens....I guess Beoli decided they could do better...what's the problem?

If Joe Montana could play for a team other than the 49'ers, then Troy Brown can play for a team other than the Patriots.

So does everybody. But, you only have a 53 man roster. So you can't just say you want Brown back, you have to say which of the five receivers he replaces.

So your convinced we will have 5 sufficiently talented receivers who will be healthy and also grasp the offense and be ready to go come September? Isn't that what we always assume in March?

Not that I think he knows as much as he often thinks he knows, but Tom Casale was on with Felger today and he was beyond hinting that <get ready to duck> Caldwell is not a lock to be back. He was broadly hinting it was more than his opinion and rather based on things he's heard. He also said he believes Troy will retire, but that was just his belief and not anything he claimed he knew.

If he goes he goes. I'd prefer he didn't, I do think there are quite a few teams he could "talent wise" help out there. Not to mention his veteran leadership. On the right team I think he could easily catch 30-50 balls and be effective. Top 5 Patriot of all time for me. I wish him luck whatever his decision is.

So your convinced we will have 5 sufficiently talented receivers who will be healthy and also grasp the offense and be ready to go come September? Isn't that what we always assume in March?

No. I'm not convinced of that. The way it goes with our receivers, we'll probably be signing stiffs off the street, just to start the season.

As for Caldwell. Obviously, none of our receivers are locks. But, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to not bring Caldwell back. He lead the team last year with 61 catches. That's certainly a respectable NFL #2 wide receiver. Caldwell and Stallworth are listed as the first string WRs on the new unofficial depth chart posted by the Pats yesterday with Gaffney backing up Caldwell and Washington backing up Stallworth.

He's not going anywhere. I know there's a lot of Sox fans here, but Troy Brown is to the Pats what Bernie Williams was to the Yankees. Once of the guys you immediately think of when you say Patriots. He will be here, or on the golf course.

Let's not forget that Troy has been recently cut before. Could happen again. But I really hope it doesn't.

Man, I would be bummed if this came to fruition. I say, if he doesn't retire, the Pats have keep Troy on the team no matter what. He could still have some value as a 4th or 5th wide receiver, and we've got a lot of new guys at the position that could benefit from his veteran wisdom.

4th or 5th wide receiver? They could still benefit? Let's hope not, if they can that would mean their receiver corps is depleted.

He is ANCIENT. He is slow. When would you say it would be time for him to retire? 40? 45?

I can see people writing the same idiocy on here when the guy is in his 50s" "he can still contribute!". "He's been such a good player...well not lately but 5-10 years ago".

Isnt mcbee a Chargers fan.

Heh, of all people you shouldnt be the one calling him ancient. He owned you.

He's ancient whether he "owned the Chargers" or not. And, no, I'm not a fan or the chargers, you vicarious wannabe. If you ball-wash Troy Brown some more I'm sure the Pats would let you wash his jock strap.

Now why don't you go murder Santa, jerk.

Santa Claus isn't real. (oops, maybe your parents haven't told you that yet?).

So you are admitting that the idea Troy Brown is a viable 5th receiver is fantasy, like Santa Claus?

That's my point, sorry for bringing reality into your little fantasy fest.

Let's not forget that Troy has been recently cut before. Could happen again. But I really hope it doesn't.
He was cut to avoid a large roster bonus, not because the team felt he couldn't contribute.

He was cut to avoid a large roster bonus, not because the team felt he couldn't contribute.

Right, they felt he was not worth that bonus. All I am saying is that cutting Troy is not out of the question, though it would really hurt.

Troy Brown can still get open, but there were a lot of times last year when he was caught from behind. Plays that 5 years ago would have been touchdowns. In fact, there was one particular play in the AFCCG at Indy, where he ran what looked like a slant and had badly beaten his guy, but unfortunately, was caught from behind by the same guy he had beaten. He had a clear path to the endzone but couldn't get there.

I love Troy Brown. He autographed my daughters hat last year. His is the only autograph on the hat. We've tried to tell her "go get some other autographs on it, maybe you could get Brady or someone" but she says "no!" Troy is the only one she wants on the hat. She's thrilled with her Troy Brown hat!! Like I said, I love Troy Brown and wish him well and hope he realizes how much he's meant to this area.

look we only need 2 QB's, so troy can stay on he is as we all know a great slot Defender, a good solid punt return man, a hell of a rout runner, even if he lost a step he still gets open, and who knows, with 2 QB's he may be our 3rd?...hell there is no garuntee that stallworth, or jackson will play the whole season NOT hurt either...I say we keep troy as a WR/ST/DB/QB and dump someone else, who has no versatility....say....Patrick (oh my hammy) Pass....

PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back