PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown Going to Another Team? [Clayton]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i repeat again kraft doent tell belicheck who to play and sign, anybody who believes otherwise just doent get it

<cough> Christian Peter <cough>

:bricks:

Speculation is he was talking to the Colts. I heard someting about want to make it to one more Super Bowl.

;)
Just kidding. Happy Wednesday.

This thread has been up for an hour and no one's mentioned the Mangenius and the Jests yet?? You're slipping guys.

That was my first thought. They're 1 and 2 are very strong. Troy would be a nice fit.

Yeah, I can imagine Kraft saying to Belichick "You have to take a guy on your roster, even if another guy can help your team more."

That's the Patriot way, right?
ya then in training camp he tells belicheck he cant cut him too. hes been a great plyer but its time to move on

Kraft may have gotten involved last year but that doesn't mean he will this year. Troy is another year older so he problaby has less to give than he did last year and Kraft might think it is his time to retire. Of course they could welcome him back as a coach.[/QU

i repeat again kraft doent tell belicheck who to play and sign, anybody who believes otherwise just doent get it

I'm not saying he did but if if he did it doesn't mean he'll do it again.

But I don't think it's out of the question to think that the owner of a team would intervene to bring back a fan favorite who gave everything he had to the team as a good faith move so that fans wouldn't the Pats had used him and then thrown him away. It's Belichicks job to worry about football, and it's Kraft's job to worry about the image of the oraginzation.

It's Belichicks job to worry about football, and it's Kraft's job to worry about the image of the oraginzation.
And the reason that Kraft is a good owner is because he knows the if he lets Belichick take care of the football, the organization's image (and ultimately its bottom line) will do very well.

I think he will stay on or retire. hope he sticks around . brady trusts him more than anyone, at crunch time. TROY BROWN FOR PRESIDENT!:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Bob Kraft intervened last year to get a little good PR because

the team had lost several players to free agency. No such case

this year.

After he was cut by the Pats in 2004, Troy I guess had seriously contemplated going to New Orleans.

I'm sure he was VERY glad not to go there considering the hurricane Katrina incident that was to ensue.

And the reason that Kraft is a good owner is because he knows the if he lets Belichick take care of the football, the organization's image (and ultimately its bottom line) will do very well.

For the most part but for football guys like Belichick it is sometimes easy to lose sight of the fact that in the end football is a product to be sold to the consumer, and so naturally there is a public relations side to it.

Also some motivation could have been that free agents nad current guys on the roster who take a little less to play here could look and say "I'm going to sacrifice some things and play my guts out for this team only for them to throw me away like they did with Troy Brown?" Naturally you can't keep every player who is on the decline because it will end up hurting your team but resiging Troy Brown was a step towards showing that they are willing to take care of their own if they have earned it, and Troy certainly has.

Last edited:
For the most part but for football guys like Belichick it is sometimes easy to lose sight of the fact that in the end football is a product to be sold to the consumer, and so naturally their is a public relations side to it.

Also some motivation could have been that free agents nad current guys on the roster who take a little less to play here could look and say "I'm going to sacrifice some things and play my guts out for this team only for them to throw me away like they did with Troy Brown?" Naturally you can't keep every player who is on the decline because it will end up hurting your team but resiging Troy Brown was a step towards showing that they are willing to take care of their own if they have earned it, and Troy certainly has.
You might be right, but I guarantee that the decision will be made by Belichick, not Kraft.

clayton is blowing smoke again. he's the peter gammons of nfl live.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner for the WORST analogy in the history of the universe. Clayton = GAMMONS???? Peter Gammons? Are you deranged?

Yeah, I can imagine Kraft saying to Belichick "You have to take a guy on your roster, even if another guy can help your team more."

That's the Patriot way, right?

Kraft is smarter than that.

It will go like this."Bill, I hear that Troy wants to come back. It would be great for the franchise if he did. It would be a big public relations problem for the franchise and for me, if Troy signed with another team without our offering to bring him here. I would consider it as a personal favor and a personal courtsey if you would sign him. Lets see what he has left in training camp and decide before the last cuts".

Does anyone think honestly that BB would tell Kraft no?

1. I recall no stories about Kraft intervening and urging BB to bring Troy back. Instead, I recall stories about Kraft intervening and urging Troy to accept Beoli's offer. I.e., he acted completely in line with Beoli's football judgment.

2. Troy still loves the game.

3. In addition, he'd have about 800,000 reasons to play another season.

Very very sad though it is to say, Troy could easily wind up on another team.

from Clayton? you must sincerely jest......

~BUMP~

more like Mr. Mackey...
mrMackey.jpg

PD.

I think Troy would consider playing for a maxed out qualifying veterans contract ($860K to him, but only $475K to our cap).

For that we would get a backup slot receiver, backup CB, special teams contributor, and a guy with an uncanny ability to come up big when the chips are down.

I realize that BB had to be pushed into re-signing him last year, but in hindsight it worked out incredibly well for us.

I think Troy would consider playing for a maxed out qualifying veterans contract ($860K to him, but only $475K to our cap).

I realize that BB had to be pushed into re-signing him last year, but in hindsight it worked out incredibly well for us.

I agree that the 860/475 should be a good deal for both sides.

Heart says - bring him back - head is not sure.

I do NOT agree with the speculation from last year that BB had to be pushed. I doubt it.

Seriously guys, the Colts do need a slot receiver! :eek: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back