PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade with Cowboys possible, Pioli in Dallas, Cowboy scout here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I just got done listening to PFW in Progress and Casale, who knows a lot about the Cowboys, said the same thing about Ellis. He said he's flourishing in his new role and that the team is moving Carpenter inside, making Shanle expendable. He also believes that Shanle would be a great pickup. He said he's not a superstar but a decent starter who is better than someone like a Barry Gardner and could play well if he picks up the system quickly enough. He said a Shanle for Gorin deal would be a steal for the Patriots. I thought I would pass that along because he knew alot about Shanle and was all excited about him coming to New England if it happens.

Who says we have to give up Gorin or whoever for a Dallas LB? We could use a draft pick instead, we have our seven, all tradeable, plus probably 4 untradeable comps and maybe a conditional from Cleveland.

Regardless of what the scouting reports say of Shanle, I am not a fan of his. Very slow to react and has questionable instincts. Besides, I can't imagine Parcells trading us anything off his 2 deep. I'm thinking we trade a conditional pick for something a little lower on the ILB depth chart. A youngster with potential and maybe a wart or two.

Ochmed Jones said:
Who says we have to give up Gorin or whoever for a Dallas LB? We could use a draft pick instead, we have our seven, all tradeable, plus probably 4 untradeable comps and maybe a conditional from Cleveland.

Regardless of what the scouting reports say of Shanle, I am not a fan of his. Very slow to react and has questionable instincts. Besides, I can't imagine Parcells trading us anything off his 2 deep. I'm thinking we trade a conditional pick for something a little lower on the ILB depth chart. A youngster with potential and maybe a wart or two.

I love how you act like you have a scouting report on every player in the NFL. My guess is you've seen Shanle play two or three times in your life max. You wouldn't know Scott Shanle if he came to your house and sat down next to you.

i would..i mean a bald guy with a dallas jersey whos about 6"2..i think i would

I'm Ron Borges? said:
I love how you act like you have a scouting report on every player in the NFL. My guess is you've seen Shanle play two or three times in your life max. You wouldn't know Scott Shanle if he came to your house and sat down next to you.

I would, but that's only because I'm a Nebraska fan and my cousin went to High School and College with him. :D

I'm sure that, although Bill already knows it to be true, he doesn't like it being broadcasted in the title of this thread.....

My bet is Dallas is just visitin' dear old Dad.

Ayodele has played OLB in his career. He may or may not be able to transition inside.

I would want Bradie James for Gorin and a second day pick either way to balance it out.

Starter for Starter.

James is getting demoted when Carpenter takes his job, just like Gorin would if Kaczur or O'C or Britt do. So both are surplus. Plus Jame sis a playcaller and that is a property that you want in Bruschi's absence.

The Cowboy fans were suggesting Gorin for Shanle plus a 6th. I'd take Gorin for James even up; and could go as high as a 6th from the Pats to the Boys as a sweetner if necessary.

Shanle looks to be a reserve/marginal-starter and no better than reserve/marginal-starter Beisel or Gardner. You want a clear starter or you've accomplished nothing, other than cutting Izzo to make room.

Last edited:
This thread must be what it's like trying to open a store for the day after Thanksgiving shoppers...:eek:

Tackles on roster: Light, Gorin, Kaczur, O'Callaghan, Britt, Hand
Guards: Mankins, Neal, Hochstein, Mruczkowski, Yates, Stevenson, Barthelmes, Hand

But before we get too excited about swapping one of the tackles, where is our beloved Drew most susceptible to the pass rush? Those of you singing "Heh diddle diddle straight up the middle" get a gold star. If I recall correctly, Dallas was desperate enough last season to move one of their more functional tackles inside to protect Drew - of course this is my memory and I'm still looking for the mind I misplaced. As long as we're living in fantasy land, lets send Billy Yates home to Texas shore up their middle. If not, Britt and Hand are expendable, Gorin would be a show me the money deal if that was who they wanted. As much as he disappoints with his pass protection gaffes, he is still a proven game day commodity compared to O'Callaghan, and I expect him to start the season at RT, no matter who ends it.

Or we could make NEM really happy and swap Light for Ware, move Mankins outside until Kaczur is healthy, and run Mruczkowski at LG. Heh, this is the fantasy thread, right?

Box_O_Rocks said:
This thread must be what it's like trying to open a store for the day after Thanksgiving shoppers...:eek:

Tackles on roster: Light, Gorin, Kaczur, O'Callaghan, Britt, Hand
Guards: Mankins, Neal, Hochstein, Mruczkowski, Yates, Stevenson, Barthelmes, Hand

But before we get too excited about swapping one of the tackles, where is our beloved Drew most susceptible to the pass rush? Those of you singing "Heh diddle diddle straight up the middle" get a gold star. If I recall correctly, Dallas was desperate enough last season to move one of their more functional tackles inside to protect Drew - of course this is my memory and I'm still looking for the mind I misplaced. As long as we're living in fantasy land, lets send Billy Yates home to Texas shore up their middle. If not, Britt and Hand are expendable, Gorin would be a show me the money deal if that was who they wanted. As much as he disappoints with his pass protection gaffes, he is still a proven game day commodity compared to O'Callaghan, and I expect him to start the season at RT, no matter who ends it.

Or we could make NEM really happy and swap Light for Ware, move Mankins outside until Kaczur is healthy, and run Mruczkowski at LG. Heh, this is the fantasy thread, right?
That is a really, really good point.

PatsFanInVa said:
HEY, just thought of this: MAYBE WE'RE GETTING DREW BACK! This Brady kid is okay but just doesn't have the arm strength, and he runs around too much in the pocket.
PFnV
That would be a steal - getting a former first round pick for a former 6th rounder who can't throw the long ball. Plus that Bledsoe kid was a full time starter at Washington State while that Brady boy split time at QB at Michigan. Sounds good to me! :singing:

I vote we trade Neal. I never was really that impressed with the guy and thought he was pretty overrated.

huskeralk said:
I vote we trade Neal. I never was really that impressed with the guy and thought he was pretty overrated.
After the contract he got, I don't think Belichick/Pioli agree with you.

BelichickFan said:
After the contract he got, I don't think Belichick/Pioli agree with you.

That's okay if they don't agree with me. I still think he's overrated and makes really dumb decisions.

huskeralk said:

Heck, if we did that there'd be nobody to get tagged for false start penalties all day long. I call him the Human Penalty.

SoonerPatriot said:
Heck, if we did that there'd be nobody to get tagged for false start penalties all day long. I call him the Human Penalty.

I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to agree with you on anything. :D False start, clipping, taking out a teammate, you name it Neal's your man.

huskeralk said:
That's okay if they don't agree with me. I still think he's overrated and makes really dumb decisions.

Well, that just tipped the balance away from BB/Pioli's judgement. Huskeralk says he's overrated. I'll have to look at him differently now!

I was disappointed in Neal last year but he gets my benefit of the doubt given that he had Gorin next to him at RT and also had a new Center on the other side half way through the season.

shmessy said:
Well, that just tipped the balance away from BB/Pioli's judgement. Huskeralk says he's overrated. I'll have to look at him differently now!

One by one you shall all see the light. I should be an NFL GM.

huskeralk said:
One by one you shall all see the light. I should be an NFL GM.

I'll happily write you a glowing reference letter.

And send it forthwith to the Offices of the Miami Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft