PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade with Cowboys possible, Pioli in Dallas, Cowboy scout here

Status
Not open for further replies.
JR4 said:
Dallas would be crazy to give up James. IMO.

Have you seen thier Offensive line? They need to upgrade, and with Carpenter looking to edge James out of a job. They might be willing to get a Super Bowl Starting Tackle. (With a few extra incentives, like a draft pick)

Say it ten times, drink the kool-aid, and you'll better in the morning. Branch would be my first guess with regard to discussions, but perhaps not with regard to final outcome. Unless bb thinks a lot more of Britt than we know, and Kaycur is ready for practice, I cna't see bb giving up an OT. It is only here on this board that Gorin is useless. For dante, he and Hochstein are strong veteran backups, always needed.

PATSNUTme said:
Branch wil not be part of any trade.

Now, if it is Gorin, who would be my first guess, it would mean to me that Nick will be returning fairly soon.

mgteich said:
Say it ten times, drink the kool-aid, and you'll better in the morning. Branch would be my first guess with regard to discussions, but perhaps not with regard to final outcome. Unless bb thinks a lot more of Britt than we know, and Kaycur is ready for practice, I cna't see bb giving up an OT. It is only here on this board that Gorin is useless. For dante, he and Hochstein are strong veteran backups, always needed.

True but if we could trade a backup for a starter, that would be a good move.. WHo really knows (as you pointed out) who the pats are trading and who they are actually looking at..

But we can all agree (or a large %) that we need LB help..

Apparently, bb and pioli are very concerned about our linebackers. IMHO, this comes a bit late, but perhaps the combination of the Bruschi injury, Beisel's performance, and another review of the preseason film, have served as a wakeup.

Why would Parcells give us one of his starting LB's for a backup OL?

mcsully said:
True but if we could trade a backup for a starter, that would be a good move.. WHo really knows (as you pointed out) who the pats are trading and who they are actually looking at..

But we can all agree (or a large %) that we need LB help..

14thDragon said:
Have you seen thier Offensive line? They need to upgrade, and with Carpenter looking to edge James out of a job. They might be willing to get a Super Bowl Starting Tackle. (With a few extra incentives, like a draft pick)

so instead of three solid ILB they go with 2 and hope they stay healthy? hmm
meanwhile .. PATs give up their only healthy RT with experience.
ok ... so in essence they trade and both teams end up fixing one weakness
at the expense of creating a potential weakness because of sacrificed depth.
.... hmmmm. don't know about that.

mgteich said:
Why would Parcells give us one of his starting LB's for a backup OL?

The question is who is the Pats starting RT. Gorin, Kaczur, even O'Callaghan?

TO........................TOTOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, my inebriated delusion is coming true.

The guy's a DBag for sure, but man.........Brady throwing to Owens.

I just peed myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things, BB said the extension for Branch is off the table if they don't make a counteroffer by a certain time. That time is past. Is BB a man of his word? I think so.

So, they really have cut ties with Deion's agent. A misbehavin' TO is about as valuable as a no-show Branch. Either way, they don't play for the Patriots.

So, I don't see the risk there if that's ever been truly discussed. TO for Branch makes sense.

As for Dallas paying Branch, it would be easier than the Pats paying him. Why? Because then Chayut couldn't use the lame argument he's been using: you need to pay Deion for his last 4 years.

JR4 said:
so instead of three solid ILB they go with 2 and hope they stay healthy? hmm
meanwhile .. PATs give up their only healthy RT with experience.
ok ... so in essence they trade and both teams end up fixing one weakness
at the expense of creating a potential weakness because of sacrificed depth.
.... hmmmm. don't know about that.

Yes, but they are giving up a starter looking for a contract extension, and still have depth with Ayodele, and Shanle.

While we give up a starter while still have Kaczur, O'Callahan and Britt.

It works well for both teams. In theory.

NEM said:
We are trading Pioli for the Cowboy Cheerleaders.

Good!

Most of the Pat's cheerleaders are butta-faces.

upstater1 said:
So, they really have cut ties with Deion's agent. A misbehavin' TO is about as valuable as a no-show Branch. Either way, they don't play for the Patriots.

So, I don't see the risk there if that's ever been truly discussed. TO for Branch makes sense.

Anybody that thinks Dallas is considering trading TO is a lunatic. Are there really people around here that stupid to even waste time discussing that?

Didn't the Cowboys sign Ollie Hoyte as an UDFA? I know the Pats were looking at him and supposedly he has looked good in Dallas TC.

Wouldn't mind trading a backup OL for him.

From the Cowboys board on ESPN:

"Our Todd Archer reports that Scott Pioli, the New England Patriots' vice president of player personnel was in Oxnard today as part of "scout swap" - a cooperative effort between the Cowboys and Pats. Cowboys chief scout Jeff Ireland was in Patriots' camp"

Last edited:
T.O. for branch isn't happening--for the simple fact that the pats won't take on that contract!

1) stop this TO nonsense. First because no way dallas would give him up after they already took the risk in signing him. Second because as much of a pain as he is, he is one of the best receivers in the NFL hands down. Deion while he thinks he is, is not and will never be. I woudnt mind sending Deion there as part of a trade, but the Cowboys wont part with TO nor would Beioli/Kraft want him.
2) As Pats fans I think we would all love to see Gorin go in this talk, why, because we dont have faith in him as a starter... so why would the Tuna want him (he is a professional coach / talent evalulator). So that leaves the O'callaghn, who I wouldnt want to see go as he is a rookie with upside, but sometimes you have to play for the now and even with a healthy bruschi and improved monty (which hasnt been apparent) we could use quality depth at linebacker.

If any swap is going to happen, it's going to be sending an O-Lineman to Dallas, period. I've had the (dis)pleasure of watching the Cowboys quite often down here in Texas, and watching their preseason opener against Seattle, it's clear that nothing has changed on their offensive line. TO or not, that team is going nowhere, because they can't keep Bledsoe standing. If Gorin, with as much criticism as he gets around here, was sent there, he'd be an upgrade at both left and right tackle, that's how bad their tackle situation is. I don't see us moving O'Callaghan, he's depth at both tackle positions for us and will start at RT is Kazcur can't get healthy in time, because it's clear he can play. While I'd love to grab James from the Cowpokes, they'll shift him outside if necessary to accommodate Carpenter before they'll move him. Gorin for Shanle would be a solid swap for both teams.

insane theories on this thread:

T.O. being traded

Branch being traded

getting Bradie James

You people need to take your head out of the clouds. This is the bottom line for me: Gorin for Shanle? Fine. O'Callaghan for Shanle? NO THANKS.

mgteich said:

He didn't look too good on my TV screen Friday night.:D

I'd say With Light, Kaczur and O'Callaghan you still have Britt and whatever else they have in the pipeline.

Obviously, with injuries they might regret it but they have a lot of young Oline talent now.

It's obvious that Dallas is seeking to reunite the potent Bledsoe-Faulk connection. The league's most immobile QB needs a safety outlet. The Pats have plenty of personnel to fill his limited role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes