PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade with Cowboys possible, Pioli in Dallas, Cowboy scout here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoodie said:
correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Branch still be under the contract he has issues with? So trading him to Dallas would just mean he would hold out there too. Unless Dallas gave him all the money and I don't think Parcells will do that. Anyone one know how much salary cap room Dallas has?
Parcells won't care what Branch gets. That's why Kraft wouldn't give him total control. Parcells will be gone in 2 or 3 years, he's give him all the guaranteed money Branch wants as long as it doesn't kill him now.

Branch wil not be part of any trade.

Now, if it is Gorin, who would be my first guess, it would mean to me that Nick will be returning fairly soon.

PATSNUTme said:
Now, if it is Gorin, who would be my first guess, it would mean to me that Nick will be returning fairly soon.

I hope so, I certainly have more faith in Nick then Gorin. (Who is on my might not make the roster list.)

The question then becomes, what could we really expect for Gorin? Would we have to sweeten the pot with a low round draft pick? Or one of our PS recievers? Patrick Pass?

I really hope if it is a trade of an O-Lineman for a linebacker, it is Gorin and not the rookie we are giving up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Branch is not going anywhere, and Parcells would never trade Carpenter.

Now, Shanle for Gorin sounds more plausible. Shanle for O'Callaghan sounds even more plausible. Shanle for Kaczur is even a possibility, although why a scout would have to go to Foxboro to watch Kaczur walking the sidelines is anyone's guess.

My preference would be to send Gorin, but I dont know if the Cowboys would bite.

If we do trade an OT, it would be the second OL-man that we've liquidated since TC opened, after sending Tucker to the Browns. In Cleveland, BB was famous for developing OL-men, and it seems that that propensity continues, with Ashworth, Neal, Andruzzi, Koppen... a lot of top linemen that came from nowhere under this staff.

Bledsoe for Brady.

Done deal.

Dallas would probably offer Deon more money than the Pats. This

is why the Pats will not trade him. Deon's agent would end up the

winner in the battle of wills.

Nobody's mentioned Bradie James?

Clonamery said:
Are you giddy or is it the Nyquil?

Clonamery said:
Are you giddy or is it the Nyquil?

As you can see, the tongue was in cheek by the end... and the beginning was a "things that make you go hmmmm", not a "most likely case." Most likely case is the OL/LB situation... maybe Bill P liked what he's seen of The O'C, and wants to know more.... and BB, however much he might like The O'C, is going to get a 'backer. Of course we WANT Parcells to take Gorin away so we can watch The O'C develop, based on one pre-season game... but his stock is high at this point, and probably occluding the fact that he has a lot to learn.

By the end of the post, I was really just rhapodizing about how beautiful a world without head case wide receivers would be.

HEY, just thought of this: MAYBE WE'RE GETTING DREW BACK! This Brady kid is okay but just doesn't have the arm strength, and he runs around too much in the pocket.

PFnV

Why would the Cowboys want another WR? Don't they have TO, Glenn, and Joey Galloway?

Last edited by a moderator:
maverick4 said:
Why would the Cowboys want another WR? Don't they have TO, Glenn, and Joey Galloway?

No. They have a hurt TO, a hurt Glenn, then guys like Terrence Copper and Patrick Crayton.

Galloway's been on Tampa Bay for 2 1/2 years now. Traded for Keyshawn.

maverick4 said:

No they traded Joey Galloway to the Bucs and they drafted a guy called Patrick Crayton.

Thanks. Wow. I actually knew that, but for some reason thought it was 2004 or something.

People are actually considering a Branch for Carpenter trade?

Wow.

JackBauer said:
People are actually considering a Branch for Carpenter trade?

Wow.

No just Maverick4;)

It's very unlikely but it would be quite coll if it happend.

What about Shanle and Crayton(WR) for Branch?

Brady#12 said:
No just Maverick4;)

It's very unlikely but it would be quite coll if it happend.

What about Shanle and Crayton(WR) for Branch?

No. I wouldn't take that, either. Trade Branch for a WR that isn't proven and is a pretty significant injury risk? I'll admit to not knowing much about Shanle.

In fact, I wouldn't trade Branch at all.

dryheat44 said:
Nobody's mentioned Bradie James?

Now there is an interesting idea. He was their starter. Hmmm.....

Bradie James would be a solid addition.

How about James for Gorin, heh.

14thDragon said:
Now there is an interesting idea. He was their starter. Hmmm.....

Dallas would be crazy to give up James. IMO.

pats1 said:
Bledsoe for Brady.

Done deal.

or Branch for Terry Glenn ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back