PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade downs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach42

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know as a fan there is nothing more disheartening than having the guy you love available and having your team trade down. However, if I had told you on Monday the Patriots could turn 22,44,47, and 53 into McCourty, Gronk, Spikes, Cunningham, a third rounder (Price), a fifth rounder and a second rounder next year what would have your feelings been?

When I look at it this way it I personally feel ALOT better about this draft. I was never really disappointed but I wasn't thrilled either. What do you think?

The trades down in an attempt to maximize value always get my vote and I think BB did well in that regard. While I'm not completely thrilled with the players who were actually selected, BB didn't really skip anybody who I would have preferred except for McCourty over Wilson - and even then I can see his point.

It's interesting to me that most of the guys I liked for the Pats went higher - in some cases (Alualu, Te'o-Nesheim) significantly higher - than most places had them ranked and well before the Pats would have picked anyway. So, while I'm disappointed that they're not coming to the Pats, BB's "manipulations" didn't have much to do with that. And there are a bunch of guys still available today (Saturday) who I have ranked highly for the Pats who we have a lot of shots at.

My brain starts to hurt, when I try to comprend all that is going on and what is happening.. perhaps it is too much coverage, or too much information.. but there is a lot to digest.

In the end, despite all of the new contrarians, BB did what was best for this team.. it is all good folks.

If I'd have known now what I know then, I'd have been doing cartwheels about the trades. Although not necessarily the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes