PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toughness

Status
Not open for further replies.
the #1 seed is VERY IMPORTANT.

the reason is that it gives us a chance to host the AFCC game. which is like a second XMas for those of us who go to Gillette for these sorts of things!!!:rocker:

last second XMas for January 2008 against JAX.

GO NINERS!!!

-- FRITZ

Yeah, but you want to host the AFCC game. The only matchup that really worries me is playing at Pitt. If the Steelers win tonight, then that's about an 80% probability. So this year, getting a higher seed than Pitt is key, meaning the #1 seed. Go 49ers!

Also note that in the year we beat Jacksonville for the AFCC at home, we got lucky that they sprung a huge upset the week before even though they weren't a very good team, which is the only reason we hosted that game. We may not have won a title that year if we'd had to play at Denver for the AFCC (I think it was Denver).

We have never faced Jacksonville in the AFC Championship Game, and we have never played them in the playoffs in a SuperBowl season either. You might be confusing them with some other team.

We have never faced Jacksonville in the AFC Championship Game, and we have never played them in the playoffs in a SuperBowl season either. You might be confusing them with some other team.

1996, the Patriots did face the Jags at home in the AFCC because they upset Denver, who would routinely whoop the Patriots (think Shannon Sharpe on the phone with the National Guard...)

1996 New England Patriots Statistics & Players - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Edit: Also, the Patriots beat the Jags at home in 2007 Division game. I understand you must be calling "superbowl" years as the 3 victories and ignoring the others that the Patriots didn't win.

Last edited:
1996, the Patriots did face the Jags at home in the AFCC because they upset Denver, who would routinely whoop the Patriots (think Shannon Sharpe on the phone with the National Guard...)

1996 New England Patriots Statistics & Players - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Edit: Also, the Patriots beat the Jags at home in 2007 Division game. I understand you must be calling "superbowl" years as the 3 victories and ignoring the others that the Patriots didn't win.

Yes, my bad, I was only counting the Belichick years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST