PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Total Access Pats Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

miDeuce

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
For those without NFL Network... About a five minute segment toward the end of the show... of course Branch news was first. Hearing Belichick say "unexcused" sounded like a warning shot across Deion's bow to me. Troy interviewed, said Deion had to do what he had to do. Troy looked good, not as old as I woulda expected. Chad Jackson interviewed, still sporting some bling in both both ears, sounded like he was getting the system down, I liked him. Brady commenting on Chad, everyone impressed with how hard he's working, he has to get him the ball more - Brady seemed impressed. Jackson looked good in a cone drill, catching 5 out of 6 balls... has me thinking David Who??? Finally Maroney, looked smaller than I remember but really quick, a quick shot of Dillon, he didn't look that fat to me but definitely bigger than Maroney. Maroney interviewed, sounded like the consumate Patriot, just gonna work hard, offering to play special teams and do whatever is asked of him. They showed Rodney's winning golf drive to cap it off.

Rod Woodson then told Eisen he thinks the losses of AV and McGinest are too much. This from a guy who could barely believe there was any fuss when AV signed with The Others. Add him to the list of haters.

Thanks for the update. Those of us without Channel 212 really appreciate it. On the topic of Corey Dillon's heft, I just read this from Curran's column for Wednesday:

"Some in the media felt Dillon looked heavier than usual. It really didn't appear that way, though maybe the barrel-chested Dillon standing next to the solidly built but not as imposing Maroney gave that impression."

MiDuece:

It is far to late to add Rod Woodson to the Pat Haters List, he practically invented the list!!! That dirt-sucking mofo actually once came out and said to Rich Eisen, "I'm sick of talking about the Patriots!", in the middle of coverage of the Pats, when he was supposed to be helping out. It was so friggin' unprofessional that Lincoln Kennedy jumped in and did damage control to keep the topic moving along while Woodson sat there with a defiant look on his face.
Woodson picked against us every week that season, right thru our superbowl victory. He thought the Cardinals would beat us.

Remember the playoff game against the Squealers when on the 1st play Drew throws deep to Terry Glen who beats the famous Woodson like a drum and catches it on the 5? Curtis Martin ran it in to begin the rout.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Remember the playoff game against the Squealers when on the 1st play Drew throws deep to Terry Glen who beats the famous Woodson like a drum and catches it on the 5? Curtis Martin ran it in to begin the rout.

Was at the game.. I remember because before the game there was some entertainment, I believe cannons, causing a lot of smoke.. I could barely see the catch :)

Yep. I don't even bother listening to the NFL Network anymore cause of idiots like Lincoln Kennedy and Rod Woodson. How these ass clowns got jobs is beyond me.

It almost seems like you can absolutely tell when a certain sports announcer is against the Pats.

The 2 I already said...Irvin, Hoge, Baldinger, Jackson, Marino, team not-so-sharpe, Wilcots, Shlereth, etc. I'm sure that there are plenty of others. And for the most part, they are all shoddy announcers. Not just because they are haters. Just because that they're not very bright.

The announcer that I dispise the most...is...this Trey Wingnut guy. What a maroon! He is the biggest window licker I've ever seen!

I agree...

Woodson is bitter towards us. We can kick sand in his face by winning another Superbowl.

Roger That, Rabthepat!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching when Woodson made those comments and I knew a lot of Pats fans would be upset by what he said. I can understand that because stuff like that used to really bother me. Now I absolutely love it. The pundits have no idea what they are talking about and it just makes the wins sweeter. Keep it coming guys, I LOVE IT!

mcsully said:
Was at the game.. I remember because before the game there was some entertainment, I believe cannons, causing a lot of smoke.. I could barely see the catch :)

Yah, I was there along with my brother, brother-in-law and daughter. Sat in the 2nd tier mid field and peered thru the smoke. Great game. Just seconds into it the Squealer fans behind us went quiet. Folks were nice to the Steelers fans post game tailgating and they took the loss with class.

miDeuce said:
Finally Maroney, looked smaller than I remember but really quick, a quick shot of Dillon, he didn't look that fat to me but definitely bigger than Maroney. Maroney interviewed, sounded like the consumate Patriot, just gonna work hard, offering to play special teams and do whatever is asked of him.

I liked Maroney's attitude too....or at least what was conveyed in the interview. That is when I could actually understand him. He's one of those guys who mumbles and spoke quickly. I don't think those big lips really heps his enunciation either. Regardless of how he speaks he sounded like a good kid. Chad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back