PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top FA/trade targets for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Anendola is better than Boldin?

Amendola career 13 total touchdowns in 7 seasons. That is less than 2 per year.

Lets just look at the last 3 years that Amendola has been playing with the GOAT Quarterback

Amendola from 2013-2015
146 receptions
1481 yards
6 touchdowns

Anquan Boldin from 2013-2015
237 receptions
3030 yards
16 touchdowns

Aside from the fact Amendola appears to be a Patsfans Binky, the stats do not support your view.

amendola also does returns

Boldin will be 36

even though I don't see Boldin here doesn't mean that Amendola will be

Boldin has never been able to get separation. The guy ran a 4.7 at the combine. He couldn't get separation when he was 25, so sure, he definitely can't now. He's always succeeded in spite of his (lack of) speed and (in)ability to get separation. If last year is any indication, he can still get the job done. Not as well as he used to, but capably.

Sounds a lot like Brandon Lloyd. And he wasn't exactly a raging success despite past experience with the Pats system

Sounds a lot like Brandon Lloyd. And he wasn't exactly a raging success despite past experience with the Pats system
Seriously ? Not that I'm big on signing Bolden but he couldn't be more different than Lloyd who was a quirky finesse receiver whereas Boldin is a tough, physical, man's man receiver.

I said at this point in their careers, not that Amendola has has a better career. I would rather have Amendola than Boldin going forward. And yes I have been a supporter of Amendola since he came here and while he got more than was worth initially he restructered at a significant loss and was a very valuable player for them the past two seasons.

Let's be honest....Amendola is your Binky. The stats sure don't support your argument.

I expect Amendola to take another big pay reduction this year or he will be a post June 1st cut.

Seriously ? Not that I'm big on signing Bolden but he couldn't be more different than Lloyd who was a quirky finesse receiver whereas Boldin is a tough, physical, man's man receiver.

I was thinking in terms of being a slow receiver who can't get separation, but still manages to acheive success through other means(though I guess the means of getting success are significantly different).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents