PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top FA/trade targets for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
LETS DO SOME TRADING THEN!
Browns need pass rush, We have a player we can't afford to keep. Swap the injury recovering Joe Hayden (concussed) and the "Who know if he's gonna grow up" Josh Gordon.

It is a fair trade. We are gambling with health and off field. They both need a change of scenery. WR and CB in this Draft class are mediocre after Round 1.

I say pull the trigger and trade Chandler Jones. No thanks on Draft picks with this poor draft class!
DW Toys

There's a better chance of Romney and Trump running together than Cleveland trading Hayden and Gordon for Chandler Jones

There's a better chance of Romney and Trump running together than Cleveland trading Hayden and Gordon for Chandler Jones

Forgive, D.W. He is our resident fantasy trade guy, but he means well.

Bolden here would immediately be the 2nd best WR in the offense.

Bolden is old and slow, yet still somehow gets open. He has been clutch in pretty much every place he has played.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.. I mean, he's 35. That's ancient... Although he was still pretty productive last year with no QB

Belichick had no trouble targetting Steve smith when he was 34.

Plenty of WRs at or around Boldin's level have produced excellent seasons at his age. His age is a concern if he's trying to get signed to a pricy 3-5 year deal, not for 2016.

In age 35 season (player - receptions - yards - tds)
Terrell Owens 69-1052-10
Steve Smith 79-1065-6
Joey Galloway 62-1057-7
Rod smith 85-1105-6
Jimmy Smith 74-1172-6
Tim Brown 91-1165-9
Cris Carter 96-1274-9
Derrick Mason 73-1028-7
Keenan McCardell 70-917-9
Irving Fryar 86-1316-6

That's hardly all of them. If someone has seen something in Boldin's play (try to separate this from where he's been stuck playing the past 2 years) that suggests he would no longer be a major plus to the Pats or any other contender, I'd respectfully disagree. But if based just solely on age that's ridiculous. Sign the beast.

Last edited:
Steve Smith could still get separation, Boldin can't.
Separation/open for a guy like Boldin is different than for Steve Smith. Smith is an intense guy who is not shy about contact but he needs more room b/c he is smaller in stature, Edelman body type. Boldin can use body to make plays and push around CBs like Gronk does. He's not running by guys up the sideline, so if that's all you're looking for then you are correct but there's more than one way to play WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents