PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 20 of 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all apologies to you Mike someone should have taken the time to explain to you the yank-your-crank fest that a certain faction of this board has for D. Revis. They pretend to wear red-white and blue but openly cheer Green & White when media driven opinion drives their loyalties.

Revis has played 4 years including a not so outstanding 2010. He's still flash in the pan as opposed to HOF to me ('09 he was steller). IIRC this list is strictly about '10, right?

Half the responses to your article have been about him. Need I say more?

With all apologies to you Mike someone should have taken the time to explain to you the yank-your-crank fest that a certain faction of this board has for D. Revis. They pretend to wear red-white and blue but openly cheer Green & White when media driven opinion drives their loyalties.

Revis has played 4 years including a not so outstanding 2010. He's still flash in the pan as opposed to HOF to me ('09 he was steller). IIRC this list is strictly about '10, right?

Half the responses to your article have been about him. Need I say more?

That defense has given us headaches for quite some time now and to deny the effect Revis has is just silly.

Too much homerism might be blinding your ability to evaluate other players...especially if they play for a division rival.

Relax .... we may hate the jersey, but deep down - as much as we hate to admit - we all pretty much acknowledge how good a player he is.

Mendenahll, on the other hand, does not at this point in his career deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Revis, Polamalu, Brady, Manning, Brees, Foster, Ngata, Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Chris Johnson, AP, Ware, Fitzgerald, etcetera; would you agree?

Relax? I acknowledged that Mendenhall was overrated by the article even more than Revis was underrated, so I agreed with that and yes, I do agree with your 2nd paragraph as well.

I don't disagree with your premise, especially because teams actively avoid throwing against guys like Asomugha and Revis. I'm just saying that the article had much bigger problems.

Mendenhall's on the list.
5 of the top 6 players were QBs.
Chris Johnson's on the list above Larry Fitzgerald (did the author ever take a look at who was throwing the ball in Arizona?).
Half the list is QBs and RBs.

It did have bigger problems, I'm not necessarily defending Revis but just saying how ridiculous it is to judge a CB by stats in general. Revis just happened to be the CB in the discussion.

Where are the offensive linemen?

Jake Long, Nick Mangold, and Carl Nicks would be in my top 20.

NFL Analysts top 10

LaCanfora against Baldinger. LaCanfora makes the points against Manning that I agree with. This is supposed to the be top 100 of 2011, and I see so much of it being a career ranking, which it simply isn't. I can't imagine Tom Brady not being #1 going into this season after his performance in 2010. Michael Vick should probably be in the top 10 as well with what he did on the field.

I would put Revis in the top 10, but not ahead of Brady, Peterson, CJ, etc. Brady speaks for himself as #1, but Peterson and CJ are going to be the only players keeping their teams on the scoreboard this season and they do it against 8man fronts. Have to give them all the credit they deserve.

I think the rest of the QB's should rank after those 3 (not saying Peterson/CJ are #2/3 but I think they should be ahead of all the QBs except for Brady given what they do against the defenses they see).

Hillis, too high

And you have two Ed Reed's on there...one ranked 14 the other 17. I'm guessing the true Ed Reed is 14 since he has to be better than Polamalu.

Im not sure we watch the same NFL.

Peyton Hillis in the top 10 and over guys like Ngata and Revis? I don't think so.

You think wrong. Hillis WAS the Browns entire offense. He DEFINITELY belongs in the top ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST