PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Massarotti (aka Mr. Negativity) strikes again

Can't say I agree. The article regurgitated some recent history, didn't really manage to make it relevant to anything we saw this past Sunday or what it means going forward. I don't know what the point of it was other than a scatershot of loosely tied negative observations. It a rather poor football article and I am kind of surprised you thought it at all interesting or informative, if indeed you did?

Reality, as noted by Mazz, and/or several others with much better analysis abilities:

The Patriots have struggled to a 2-2 start without really playing a full game
The Bills, and Fitzpicksix in particular, were handing out gifts in that game
Secondary still stinks
Front line not getting pressure
Thomas performance being overplayed
Welker's role due, in no small part, to the injuries to Hernandez and Edelman

The Patriots were on the brink of real trouble when Wilfork came up huge with that fumble recovery. Let's not all start demanding the lockstep start again.

Mazz is a whiney little snit who doesn't know enough about football to be on the radio giving an opinion. He should just stick to the dead sox, thats where he belongs

Last edited:
The Patriots were on the brink of real trouble when Wilfork came up huge with that fumble recovery. Let's not all start demanding the lockstep start again.

I think all we are demanding is that Mazz stop writing crap articles. He doesn't know anything about football that he hasn't regurgitated from Felger. What he does know how to do very well however is poke fans for reactions. In that way, he is like Borges without the football knowledge or connections.

As for realities. We just completed the fourth week in the season. All teams have a ways to go. As Belichick has always said, we won't really know what type of team we have until about week 10. At the end of the day however we are still in a division with the Bills, Jets and Dolphins. That alone is reason for optimism.

They had Jermaine Wiggins on today and I had to shut it off. Wiggins is -- simply put -- stupid. I can't understand how/why he got a media gig. Putting him with Felger and Massarotti is painful. Massarotti is just awful; Felger is bad but sometimes tolerable.

They had Jermaine Wiggins on today and I had to shut it off. Wiggins is -- simply put -- stupid. I can't understand how/why he got a media gig. Putting him with Felger and Massarotti is painful. Massarotti is just awful; Felger is bad but sometimes tolerable.

They like him around so that they sound credible by contrast.

They like him around so that they sound credible by contrast.

Wiggins is always saying something stupid about a non-sports topic or using words wrong, and they make "funny" soundbytes from those moments that they keep repeating over and over. Problem us, they're not funny, just stupid.

He's a passionate Red Sox suck up who despises the Patriots especially when they take the attention away from his wittle wittle red socksies.

He's also a football know nothing who can't pass up an opportunity to ridicule the Patriots. Passes it off as being the only rebel who's not drinking the koolaid. He's a phucking joke that only has a job because he's lame enough to think baseball is the best sport in the country and unfortunately that plays well in this town.

Tony Massarotti's voice is so whiny and piercing that my wine glass shattered while I was reading that article.

Last edited:
Fans need to keep in mind that Massarotti and the other mediots do not really care about the Patriots.. their concern is about ratings, twitter followers and facebook likes.. inow bargaining chips when they negotiate their next contract.

Little of what they do has to do with the game, it is about themselves and their inflated ego's...

Wiggins is painful, and is their token Ex Patriot.. his voice reminds me of Mike Tyson.

Last edited:
Fans need to keep in mind that Massarotti and the other mediots do not really care about the Patriots.. their concern is about ratings, twitter followers and facebook likes.. inow bargaining chips when they negotiate their next contract.

Little of what they do has to do with the game, it is about themselves and their inflated ego's...

Wiggins is painful, and is their token Ex Patriot.. his voice reminds me of Mike Tyson.

Understood. But that doesn't apply when it comes to baseball and the red socksies. The passion he exudes for baseball and the local 9 is evident. Yes, he slams them when they are down, but it is fueled by fanboy passion. Any buzz this region has for he Patriots takes away from his favorite passion. He counters this by ridiculing the team whenever he can.

Chad Finn. Seriously?

Um....yes?

I like Finn's stuff quite a bit. For that matter, I usually read Massarotti too, and think his "negativity" reputation is a little overblown. (I'm out of state, so can't hear him on the radio, which maybe helps).

The only ~ the ONLY ~ reason that this pathetic little TWERP has lived so long, is because even someone as CELESTIALLY stupid as he is knows that if he EVER opened his mouth and spewed his raw SEWAGE to an actual MAN, he would immediately be beaten into chunky, pink PASTE.

Feltcher??

Ditto.

The only ~ the ONLY ~ reason that this pathetic little TWERP has lived so long, is because even someone as CELESTIALLY stupid as he is knows that if he EVER opened his mouth and spewed his raw SEWAGE to an actual MAN, he would immediately be beaten into chunky, pink PASTE.

Feltcher??

Ditto.

Lighten up, Francis.

Feltcher??

Ditto.

Lighten up, Francis.

I was being light, Spaz ~ 'scuse me: Psycho.

Contempt doesn't elevate my blood pressure. ;)

I kind of agree with this part, though the schedule isn't the easiest.

“Bills are hopeless”. He continues by opining that the Pats have struggled this year, the secondaty is suspect, the Pats have a “soft schedule”, Stephen Gostkowski is “worrisome”, implies that anything less than a Super Bowl championship is underachieving, and concludes that the Patriots have plenty of ground to cover.

Oh he is a annoying little man--That's it -that's all I have to say :D

Not only that, but he's put on about 40 pounds of fat and has lost more than half his hair in the last 5 or 6 years. He has the physique of a soft pear. He is a tool's tool and should be dealt with accordingly. I've sometimes wished to run into Massarotti or Tanguay. They are fake tough guys. I would love to see their tough guy act in public and not behind the protection of the microphone and studio walls....I would call them on it and see where it goes...I'm 6'3' 255 and I bench 350+ and have had my share of scuffles....just get me in a room with him for 5 minutes.....:)

I can tolerate smug Felgie in small doses as he sometimes presents a contrarian view at least superficially well but whiney Maz makes 98.5 unlistenable. Rather listen to KC Chiefs talk on SIRIUS NFL radio.

Amen. Bought a new truck with Sirius in January, haven't listened to Boston sports radio
since. My blood pressure has gone down to a healthy level as a result.

Mass's next intelligent statement will be his first. He's an abrasive little turd. I'm glad I have the choice not to listen to him. What if he was your brother in law? :eek:

Fans need to quit complaining about sports entertainment radio shows. Their job is not to give a fair and balanced assessment of the team, but drive discussion. Just switch the channel or turn the page.

We fans now have game film, direct twitter feeds and live coverage of press conferences from the players and coaches and discussion forums where we get other fans opinions. They can not compete with the knowledge or offer any different perspective than the posters here offer up.

At least the media no longer tries to represent themselves as the voice of the fan.

Last edited:
Don'cha think we gave him enough of in this thread to lock it?!
Why feed into this dumbMASS and give him attention even though it's negative attention he still thrives on. Wasted time/space!

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back