PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Massarotti (aka Mr. Negativity) strikes again

Fans need to quit complaining about sports entertainment radio shows. Their job is not to give a fair and balanced assessment of the team, but drive discussion. Just switch the channel or turn the page.

We fans now have game film, direct twitter feeds and live coverage of press conferences from the players and coaches and discussion forums where we get other fans opinions. They can not compete with the knowledge or offer any different perspective than the posters here offer up.

At least the media no longer tries to represent themselves as the voice of the fan.
Just speaking for myself, I think I understand perfectly what sports talk radio's purpose is and I think you described it pretty well. With that said, I don't listen that often but I'm not going to stop complaining about them or communicating to them if what they say really pisses me off. If that's "feeding the beast", then I stand convicted. I don't call talk radio because I consider most of those who do to be members of the "living in Mommy's basement with nothing better to do" community, but on occasion I do text and/or e-mail them.

Last edited:
Mazz' voice = The sound of fingernails running down a chalkboard.

Tony the Brain suggested today that going for it on 4th and 5 was an attempt to run up the score.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back